The majority of news articles on Yahoo written by women all same topics

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by TidWell, May 18, 2017.

1. TidWell Brown Belt

TidWell
    I notice every single day, I check my email, the front page has stupid articles and I know they are written by women even before clicking the title and when I do click it its a woman writer.

They are the same topic type articles. I see the title click the title see the writer is a female close the article and don't bother reading further. How the hell do these women get hired as writers you should check these articles out once and a while the comments are funny people say and this is news? or how does Yahoo hire their writers.

I wonder if women care about actual concerning issues in life other than superficial emotional gossip, materialistic and sexuality topics?

Here are some topics they write about: I could link to many of them but I don't want to give them any traffic,

Caitlyn Jenner shuts them down! should run for president next election and make history as the bravest female alive!

John Legends wife Chrissy Theigen is so it! She proves the haters on Instagram wrong!

Kim Kardashian has enough of the haters

Ariel Winter tells off Instagram haters for body shaming her outfits

Amber Rose! owns a sexist pig on Instagram and doesn't apologize for her sexuality you go girl!

Brave hero Transgender girl and her awesome parents

Transgender couple owns Bigoted Christian community and supports Muslim females with hijab wearing

Woman is brave showing her period stain! bleeds through clothes while doing yoga, and marathon with no maxipad or tampon girl power! we will not be shamed!

Muslim female wears hijab during athletic event very powerful

Brave woman breast feeds in church! or in library, Brave woman refuses to shave armpits and legs or use soap.

Jennifer Lawrence refuses to apologize for stripper pole dance

Body blogger empowering message to haters for shaming her on Instagram for not having a barbie body
    (these articles are very popular and its a disgusting wrinkled hairy gut fatty in a bathing suit)

2. Graverobber ******WTF Belt******

Graverobber
    every one of those articles makes me want to
    [​IMG]

3. Pwent WOW!

Pwent
    Women's suffrage was a mistake

Our forefathers were smarter than we are

Rusk, Malvo, Son of Jamin and 12 others like this.
  4. BassAckwards Brown Belt

BassAckwards
    why do you use yahoo? you know some sites adjust news feeds to cater to your browse history right?

5. Horse Style Red Belt

Horse Style
    Yahoo is an equal-opportunity employer for terrible writers. So all of their writing staff writes worse than the average high schooler. It doesn't matter if it's a man, woman or Caitlyn.

Patof, Slick_36, Jackie Blue and 5 others like this.
  6. JohnnyBuddha Brown Belt

JohnnyBuddha
    I'm not sure about the personal interests of the writers who put out that crap, but I'm sure much of the blame lies on the braindeads who regularly click on articles like that. As long as it gets a lot of clicks, yahoo writers will keep churning it out.

Jackie Blue and lsa like this.
  7. TidWell Brown Belt

TidWell
  8. freaky Black Belt

freaky
    It's cuz of people like you TS who are clicking into them, giving them view counts.

Stop clicking into the clickbait titles. When noone gives a shit, is when they stop hiring these wommins. You can literally write about anything. As long as it gets views, it's fine. And it is news. It's called gossip news. I don't get them in my email because I don't click into them. I only get science and MMA articles or REAL News.

Execute likes this.
  9. Bob Gray Deadlights Belt

Bob Gray
    If you're clicking the links, I'm afraid you're part of your own problem. They couldn't give less of a shit about their content as long as people click their mouse.

10. Organic Damage Alive and ticking inside

Organic Damage
    It's not just Yahoo articles. All those blog posts are engineered click-bait.

Stop feeding the machine with your eyeballs...

11. Jack Reacheround Never Go Black

Jack Reacheround
    I love to read news on yahoo simply for the comments. Most people who have an account with them only have that because their grandson set it up for them 20 - 25 years ago when email was still new. But they're such old pieces of shit, they have no idea there are other news sites out there, or other email providers they could use. So their homepage is set to yahoo which is the extent of the internet for them. And they all don't know shit, but are somehow experts in economics, psychology, sociology, astrophysics, engineering, etc.

Pied Piper, ShinkanPo, Mike and 2 others like this.
  12. ToxicShocker Hamsterdam

ToxicShocker
    I suffered through that for years. Eventually just set a bookmark to mail.yahoo.com.

The final straw was Yahoo defeating my adblocker. Once I had to see clickbait posts interspersed with the female centered topics I was done.

Jackie Blue likes this.
  13. TidWell Brown Belt

TidWell
    I have two yahoo emails

I never use search on yahoo, I only use google for search.

14. TidWell Brown Belt

TidWell
    The comments are the best part of the articles.

I remember they used to rag on this sports writer named chris chase, good times man it was funny stuff reading the comments.

15. applesbananas Purple Belt

applesbananas
    This actually makes me want to become a journalist. How had could it be? Just bash trump, praise women, and love non-existent genders.

16. Loiosh Detective

Loiosh
    I just checked Yahoo and didn't see any of that.

Maybe they were selected for you based on your preferences.

ultimateriley-o and marioh like this.
  17. bigbangspiritbomb Double Yellow Card

bigbangspiritbomb
    Its a sad reality but, basically, anything mainstream, I don't listen nor click it. There are women like Helen Smith or Christina Hoff Sommers or Lauren Southern that put out great content but, they are few and far between the norms these days.

Most if not all content out out by women now a days is something in the realm of victimhood and pity party. I have no time for this sort of nonsense.

18. bigbangspiritbomb Double Yellow Card

bigbangspiritbomb
    Just means people need to troll harder. Wait wut?

19. OMGstreetfight I like money

OMGstreetfight
    Thats doesn't sound like news...

20. Morning Star Brown Belt

Morning Star
    LMAO! Chris Chase was the worst. Never did I think Yahoo would get so bad that Chris would be one of their best contributors if he was there now.

Totally agree TS. Yahoo has been bad as far back as I can remember but it's complete trash now. I used to go for the comments but the content is just awful nowadays. Not shocking when you're constantly using sources like Huffpo and HelloGiggles. Sick of seeing childish shit like shade and clapback in all these articles, and making heroes out of land whales.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    TidWell likes this.