The lightweight picture

TRTVitor

Bangkok Ready
@Yellow
Reaction score
With these past 3 events with so many important lightweight fights on the line , we're getting to see a much clearer picture of how things are going to unfold in the 155 division, which is in my opinion and like many others' the most exciting and stacked division in the UFC.

Here is how I would see things, This is considering it as if Conor was the next opponent for Khabib. I don't know if that's what is going to happen but here are some fights I would like to see.

Khabib vs Conor
Eddie vs Dustin 2
Lee vs Gaethje
Barboza vs Gaethje
Eddie vs Ferguson

Down the line have the winner of Eddie vs Dustin against the winner of Khabib Conor, Lee could be in for a title shot if he wins his next fight. Lots of exciting things that could happen in that division.

Down the line there are the obvious :
Tony vs Khabib (lol)
Conor vs Holloway 2
Conor vs Nate 3
... but these last two have nothing to do with the lightweight picture, they're just in there for my entertainment

What potential fights would you guys like to see the most at 155?

Lee vs Eddie/Dustin and Barboza vs Gaethje are the two fights to make right now with Khabib sitting on the sidelines for 7 months.

Holloway is gonna defend against Ortega and most likely tell Conor to go fuck himself as he's not interested, and Nate Diaz is still gonna be riding his bike teasing a comeback when he really just wants attention because like Conor, he knows he's irrelevant.

I won't disagree that these fights would be entertaining, but none of them work in the current timeline, the only one that may happen is Khabib vs Tony, with may being the operative word.

Max is gonna start exercising his leverage and pull should he get past Ortega, and would more or less wait for Conor to come to him, he's made it clear before that he's not gonna beg to fight Conor, if it happens, it's because Conor and the UFC want it. Max has a throne to defend so he's gonna do that.

Conor's gotta wait for the killers in 155 before he entertains a fight outside his weight class. I doubts Dana want another repeat of log jamming the Lightweight Division. Conor's got some serious pull because of the money he brings in, but with his latest actions, I doubt Uncle Dana will be as lenient with him as he was before, especially if he loses.

Lee vs Eddie/Dustin and Barboza vs Gaethje are the two fights to make right now with Khabib sitting on the sidelines for 7 months.

Holloway is gonna defend against Ortega and most likely tell Conor to go fuck himself as he's not interested, and Nate Diaz is still gonna be riding his bike teasing a comeback when he really just wants attention because like Conor, he knows he's irrelevant.

I won't disagree that these fights would be entertaining, but none of them work in the current timeline, the only one that may happen is Khabib vs Tony, with may being the operative word.

Max is gonna start exercising his leverage and pull should he get past Ortega, and would more or less wait for Conor to come to him, he's made it clear before that he's not gonna beg to fight Conor, if it happens, it's because Conor and the UFC want it. Max has a throne to defend so he's gonna do that.

Conor's gotta wait for the killers in 155 before he entertains a fight outside his weight class. I doubts Dana want another repeat of log jamming the Lightweight Division. Conor's got some serious pull because of the money he brings in, but with his latest actions, I doubt Uncle Dana will be as lenient with him as he was before, especially if he loses.

I know for the Holloway and Diaz vs McGregor fights , they're long shots here but hey , why not throw them in there in the "down the line" section.

Who do you think would be next for Kevin if they do Eddie vs Dustin 2, which i think is the more logical fight than Eddie vs Lee

I foresee the next fight being Lee vs Khabib. I also hope it plays out that way.
I think Lee's the best 155 contender right now (excluding Ferguson due to injury).

*Not including Conor in the conversation because he's a pussy who wants no part of Khabib, Tony or Lee.

I know for the Holloway and Diaz vs McGregor fights , they're long shots here but hey , why not throw them in there in the "down the line" section.

Who do you think would be next for Kevin if they do Eddie vs Dustin 2, which i think is the more logical fight than Eddie vs Lee

Down the line, yes, but for now, the Lightweight Divisions gotta start picking up steam before I give those fights any kind of enthusiasm, Khabib just won the belt and wants to wait 7 months. At least Holloway like DC is making a good habit as a Champion to fight every 4 or 5 months.

I really wana say something but i shouldnt

But fuck it conor aint fighting nating

light weight picture?
images

let me put on my spectacles

The ufc gotta be smart here if they can't get conor to sight on a fight vs Khabib in December/November soon sign Khabib v Lee or Dustin hell even eddie.
None of these other guys will book fights because they all believe that their next, it'll be 170 all over again since woodley wasn't will to line up for RDA fight and they had to add an interm title to get things moving.
Look at eddie he's been hiding and hoping since December and has nothing booked.

Conor vs khabib with next contender seeding as such: Dustin(3) vs lee(2), Ferguson(1) vs alvarez(4). Those fights can be switched up as 2 rematches or as Ferguson vs Dustin and lee vs alvarez. Highest seed and/or most impressive win of the two fights gets the title shot

Conor ain't fighting Khabib, Tony or Lee. He don't want that hard day at the office, he ain't that type of fighter.
The sooner you guys accept that fact & move on, the better.

Lightweight will/should skate out like:

-Khabib vs Lee

-Dustin vs Eddie for next in line title shot.

-Ferguson jumps straight to the front of the line for title shot as soon as he's healed(probably a year +/-).

*-Conor will pussyfoot around with Nate or Floyd, or cherry pick fights he know he can win(under the guise of 'only fighting big money fights). He's not even in this discussion anymore.

Obvious figbt is khabib vs tony.
In the interim it should be khabib vs lee. Lee is the obviouse standout. Then you have eddie, poirer, etc to battle it out for the next contender shot.
Its obvious to exclude connor.

Obvious figbt is khabib vs tony.
In the interim it should be khabib vs lee. Lee is the obviouse standout. Then you have eddie, poirer, etc to battle it out for the next contender shot.
Its obvious to exclude connor.
Conor ain't fighting Khabib, Tony or Lee. He don't want that hard day at the office, he ain't that type of fighter.
The sooner you guys accept that fact & move on, the better.

Lightweight will/should skate out like:

-Khabib vs Lee

-Dustin vs Eddie for next in line title shot.

-Ferguson jumps straight to the front of the line for title shot as soon as he's healed(probably a year +/-).

*-Conor will pussyfoot around with Nate or Floyd, or cherry pick fights he know he can win(under the guise of 'only fighting big money fights). He's not even in this discussion anymore.

Can't agree with you guys. I believe Conor and Khabib will be fighting on the Russia card. The whole dolly-bus situation confirmed it for me, such an obvious publicity stunt that went too far

155 is STACKED... Even with Mcgregor and Ferguson out at the moment. Awesome division .... Awesome fights to make. Whoever the champ fights it will be tough...

LW is so fucking stacked right now I don’t care who they throw against each other I’m sure it will be entertaining

Back