Nintendo The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild official thread

lol@ people crying about the tablet hyrbid.

Yall are such babys, it was a fantastic idea and would be amazing for RPGs. But Since EA scared off all the 3rd party company's we never got to see it in its full. I hope they make another one
i loved the control, selling point for me.

it obviously wasnt a fantastic idea since the wii u was a complete and utter failure on almost every level. I understand everyone has a preference, but the majority of people thought that thing was a clusterfuck top to bottom. NX needs to be a big change or they have some serious trouble ahead. (and its not just the controller)

The gamepad is pretty awesome. Works great for most games, and it's very convenient being able to play virtual console games on the bottom screen only.

This actually saved me in my gaming club days since we only had 2-3 TV's. We'd just wire my Wii U and a PS3 to the same TV and while people played CoD on there I'd be chilling playing NSMBU or DK:TP on the tablet.

Last edited:
At this point my only response is each his own, but I loved the tablet controller as did several people on the gaming sites I visit. Plus, it greatly enhanced aspects in the LoZ remasters and Pikmin where you had the maps and item screens right in front of you and made games like Splatoon and Mario Maker possible and better to use.

I love a lot of the things the gamepad can do, the only problem with it for me is that it was never used to its' fullest potential. It was perfect for football games and choosing plays, rts games, and something like Outlast where there could have been an option to hold the gampad up to see in infra red through the touchscreen, or dead by Daylight where they could pull off what ZombieU did when you're fixing a generator, looting a box, or helping a friend. Nintendo could only do sop much by themselves.
On another note, the game pad's size is perfect for my hands and shoulder width. I feel I have to scrunch my shoulders in an uncomfortable way to use normal controllers, and my hands always hang too far off the bottom, that and my fingers are too long to make reaching for many buttons uncomfortable. Much like the N64 controller back in the day I like larger controllers. It'd be nice to see different sized controller options for different people.

I love a lot of the things the gamepad can do, the only problem with it for me is that it was never used to its' fullest potential. It was perfect for football games and choosing plays, rts games, and something like Outlast where there could have been an option to hold the gampad up to see in infra red through the touchscreen, or dead by Daylight where they could pull off what ZombieU did when you're fixing a generator, looting a box, or helping a friend. Nintendo could only do sop much by themselves.
On another note, the game pad's size is perfect for my hands and shoulder width. I feel I have to scrunch my shoulders in an uncomfortable way to use normal controllers, and my hands always hang too far off the bottom, that and my fingers are too long to make reaching for many buttons uncomfortable. Much like the N64 controller back in the day I like larger controllers. It'd be nice to see different sized controller options for different people.

Interesting idea about the controllers since my friend Ben feels the same way about the Xbox controllers vs PS controllers. Favors the former over the latter due to them being larger and more accommodating for his hand size. And I do agree about the tablet mot being used to it's full potential which is a huge fucking shame.

My most anticipated game in forever. However, for once I'd like Nintendo to be completely honest about their release dates. I remember in one of the early U threads, after the first trailer of Zelda, Anouma or whomever said it was going to release very soon. I called B.S. immediately as N has a track record of delays after delays. I remember saying not to even expect it by fall 2016. Now it's March 2017, but atleast now it can be attached to NX with hopefully some graphical upgrades. Next time a Zelda is unveiled, and they say "targeting" year X, add 2 more years after and you have the release date.

That's a huge map, just hope they fill it with meaningful stuff. Having a map that big is a waste if it's empty, and traveling can be a pain in the ass.

That's a huge map, just hope they fill it with meaningful stuff. Having a map that big is a waste if it's empty, and traveling can be a pain in the ass.

They've confirmed quick travel by way of shrines and resurrection towers. And they've shown several several things to do like hunt and raid enemy settlements along with confirming the existence of town and NPC's(none were shown to avoid spoilers).

They've confirmed quick travel by way of shrines and resurrection towers. And they've shown several several things to do like hunt and raid enemy settlements along with confirming the existence of town and NPC's(none were shown to avoid spoilers).

That said, Shadow of the Colossus proved that you can have a mostly empty giant world and still have it be interesting and fun to traverse.

That said, Shadow of the Colossus proved that you can have a mostly empty giant world and still have it be interesting and fun to traverse.

That's actually incredibly true. It's all in how the world is created, presented, and the kind of emotions it's supposed to evoke.

This is pretty much a must buy for me. Just need more info on the NX. Please just be a simple but powerful system with a semi normal controller.

Is there much info on the kind of stuff you can hunt? Guessing it's going to be something along the lines of hunting deer and stuff for food/crafting materials, but I would love if they had big roaming monsters that spawned during certain time/weather/day conditions that would drop rare crafting materials to upgrade your equipment. They already showed Link wielding a bunch of different types of weapons so there could be tons of upgrades.

Maybe im reaching but from what ive seen of this game it seems to me that Nintendo, or at least Miyamotos team, may finally listening to some of the criticism and getting with the times. The last few Zelda games have stunk dirty butthole (relatively speaking for the series) and this looks like a huge step forward without any stupid gimmicks.

Is there much info on the kind of stuff you can hunt? Guessing it's going to be something along the lines of hunting deer and stuff for food/crafting materials, but I would love if they had big roaming monsters that spawned during certain time/weather/day conditions that would drop rare crafting materials to upgrade your equipment. They already showed Link wielding a bunch of different types of weapons so there could be tons of upgrades.

I've seen so many videos already that I don't remember which in specific it was, but yes they've confirmed that certain enemies and creatures will only spawn in certain locations, times, and weather conditions. For instance, fireflies will only spawn at nighttime and in more forested areas with more trees and such from what I've seen. You can use them to create elixirs that increase stealth.

Edit: Don't remember the video, but a guy was trying to create the failed food item to show to people using a pepper and some monster parts, but created a pretty strong elixir.

I've seen so many videos already that I don't remember which in specific it was, but yes they've confirmed that certain enemies and creatures will only spawn in certain locations, times, and weather conditions. For instance, fireflies will only spawn at nighttime and in more forested areas with more trees and such from what I've seen. You can use them to create elixirs that increase stealth.

Edit: Don't remember the video, but a guy was trying to create the failed food item to show to people using a pepper and some monster parts, but created a pretty strong elixir.

That's awesome to hear. This is the kind of stuff I can get lost doing and pay no attention to the main game.

That's awesome to hear. This is the kind of stuff I can get lost doing and pay no attention to the main game.

They've also shown stuff like birds, deer, boar, and fish each seemingly having different quality of healing. I imagine they'll have different animals in different biomes and the such. To carry on from the previous comment, so far keese(the little bat enemies in all Zelda games) have only appeared at night and in the cold areas with a frost variant. Not sure if it was nighttime though. I really hope they have fishing places and going by a trailer in what looked like a beach or tropical region, also scuba fishing. That shit would be incredibly awesome. And no Zelda game would be complete without some awesome sidequests and trading sequences.

Maybe im reaching but from what ive seen of this game it seems to me that Nintendo, or at least Miyamotos team, may finally listening to some of the criticism and getting with the times. The last few Zelda games have stunk dirty butthole (relatively speaking for the series) and this looks like a huge step forward without any stupid gimmicks.

Wanna clarify which Zelda games have been terrible? The only problems I've had with Zelda games is their questionable control schemes. Skyward Sword, Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks all used one gimmicky control scheme and should have had multiple control schemes.

They've also shown stuff like birds, deer, boar, and fish each seemingly having different quality of healing. I imagine they'll have different animals in different biomes and the such. To carry on from the previous comment, so far keese(the little bat enemies in all Zelda games) have only appeared at night and in the cold areas with a frost variant. Not sure if it was nighttime though. I really hope they have fishing places and going by a trailer in what looked like a beach or tropical region, also scuba fishing. That shit would be incredibly awesome. And no Zelda game would be complete without some awesome sidequests and trading sequences.

The hype for this game is unreal for me. I can already tell it'll take me forever to finish this game based off all the things you can do.

Wanna clarify which Zelda games have been terrible? The only problems I've had with Zelda games is their questionable control schemes. Skyward Sword, Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks all used one gimmicky control scheme and should have had multiple control schemes.

How can you call yourself a fan of Zelda and say you like twilight princess? Its hardly even Zelda gameplay wise. Its linear, and focuses on mini events rather than gameplay to pass the time. From collecting light to the stupid bridge battle to all the other little stupid events that kill replay value. By far the worse level design in any Zelda and the characters were garbage.

The more I watch of the new Zelda the more impressed I am. It actually looks like a lot of fun. I've been watching YouTube videos and they really seem to have nailed the setting.

Back