Nintendo The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild official thread

I think the bigger issue with Nintendo is they don't have enough 3rd party support. How can you expect to compete with Sony/M$ when your system doesn't have popular titles like; Call of Duty, Battlefield, Madden, NBA2K, FIFA, Witcher, Assassin's Creed, Destiny, Fallout, Rocket League, GTA, Mortal Kombat, Battlefront, etc.

I mean, how successful does Nintendo expect their console to be when it doesn't support 90% of the most popular games? The NX will fail as well if Nintendo doesn't get more 3rd party support.

Yeah, this is where Nintendo always falls flat on their faces. If the NX is any different in regards to third-party support, I'll be shocked. I'd place bets that we'll never see Battlefield on the NX, for example.

I still wish we'd seen a Battlefield on the Wii U, even if it was an underpowered machine. I always thought the prospect of having the map (and perhaps even squad controls) on the tablet was very cool. In fact, I feel like the tablet was super under-utilized across the Wii U's lifespan.

The game looks like a gamecube game but sure keep drinking the kool aid.

I hate kool aid. I do love me some water after reading all your salty posts. Did link personally stumble into your house and break some pots or something?

Yeah, this is where Nintendo always falls flat on their faces. If the NX is any different in regards to third-party support, I'll be shocked. I'd place bets that we'll never see Battlefield on the NX, for example.

I still wish we'd seen a Battlefield on the Wii U, even if it was an underpowered machine. I always thought the prospect of having the map (and perhaps even squad controls) on the tablet was very cool. In fact, I feel like the tablet was super under-utilized across the Wii U's lifespan.

I just read a quote from the President of Nintendo claiming the NX won't even be as powerful as the upgraded PS4.

Here it is. Guess he was referring to not trying to compete with the specs of Sony/M$ systems in general.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidth...t-about-power-its-about-content/#224abb8a6d92

Maybe hard one to read into there as to what he means exactly as to the NX's power. Also, to those who saw a little Xenoblade Chronicles X in the new Zelda.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Getting Help From Xenoblade Devs

http://gamerant.com/legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-xenoblade/

Giant Tower and Floating Continent confirmed at 41:30 - 41:40.

Edit: Little bit later in the video, Link jumps into freezing water with realistic effects(i.e., it's REALLY cold and damn near instantly kills him by what imagine was sending him into shock and him proceeding to drown).

As a huge Nintendo fan boy and long time playstation nut hugger...I would honestly sell my PS4 for an NX and Zelda.
giphy.gif

Game looks really good. Appears they've added a ton of depth that this series badly needed.

http://www.nintengen.com/2016/06/cd-projekt-red-nx-will-be-fantastic.html

looks like CDJesusPr seems to have one or something. They seem to REALLy like it and so does Take two, so maybe this system is decent

My main problem is the shitty controllers they have. They try to force feed people these gay ass little mini gameboy controllers with terrible controls and screens on them and shit people will never use.

If they go back to having a console with a normal fucking controller I'll buy and nx with Zelda no problem. The wii u was such a massive failure I hope they learn.

If someone wants a mobile console they'll buy a gameboy or a 3ds or some shit. People buy consoles because they want consoles.

THIS!

The Wii U controller is appaling to use

They make a console with a normal controller, then i'm back in for the long haul

THIS!

The Wii U controller is appaling to use

They make a console with a normal controller, then i'm back in for the long haul

At this point my only response is each his own, but I loved the tablet controller as did several people on the gaming sites I visit. Plus, it greatly enhanced aspects in the LoZ remasters and Pikmin where you had the maps and item screens right in front of you and made games like Splatoon and Mario Maker possible and better to use.

Last edited:
^^Oddly enough for the HD Zelda remakes I never used a gamepad, just the pro controller. Much more comfortable to play with, and has like 10 times the battery life of the gamepad. I didn't care for having every menu on the bottom screen.

I DO love the gamepad's use in Splatoon though.

^^Oddly enough for the HD Zelda remakes I never used a gamepad, just the pro controller. Much more comfortable to play with, and has like 10 times the battery life of the gamepad. I didn't care for having every menu on the bottom screen.

I DO love the gamepad's use in Splatoon though.

Seriously? The gamepad was fucking boss on WW. Haven't really played much of TP yet because work and other stuff, but I'll get down to it soon enough so I can summon Wolf Link for the Wild Hunt.

Seriously? The gamepad was fucking boss on WW. Haven't really played much of TP yet because work and other stuff, but I'll get down to it soon enough so I can summon Wolf Link for the Wild Hunt.

Indeed seriously. I don't mind pressing start to look at the map or change items. Been doing it my whole gaming life lol. The Wii U pro controller is just way more comfortable to play with.

Indeed seriously. I don't mind pressing start to look at the map or change items. Been doing it my whole gaming life lol. The Wii U pro controller is just way more comfortable to play with.

Fair enough. I liked being able to just set sail and adjust my stuff without needing to pause.

lol@ people crying about the tablet hyrbid.

Yall are such babys, it was a fantastic idea and would be amazing for RPGs. But Since EA scared off all the 3rd party company's we never got to see it in its full. I hope they make another one
i loved the control, selling point for me.

Yall are such babys, it was a fantastic idea and would be amazing for RPGs. But Since EA scared off all the 3rd party company's we never got to see it in its full. I hope they make another one

Agreed. A shit ton of the consoles problems started when EA bailed because of the Origin fiasco and Ubisoft started half-assing their work towards the console. The tablet I'd love to see be used in RTS and Survival games like The Long Dark and I do think they missed the boat with Don't Starve on that one.

The gamepad is pretty awesome. Works great for most games, and it's very convenient being able to play virtual console games on the bottom screen only.

Back