Nintendo The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild official thread

zelda-gif-pots.gif
This is so true, ahahah.

When I first saw this, I was hoping it was for 3DS, but it's WiiU which I ain't buying.

It's also coming out on Nintendo's new system, codenamed NX.

Lol @ all the people bitching because Nintendo doesn't put out their franchises on other consoles. Yea let's get rid of our exclusive titles because all the whiny ass people who want everything on only their PS4 or Xbox. Every console has their exclusives, never gonna change.

It's also coming out on Nintendo's new system, codenamed NX.

Lol @ all the people bitching because Nintendo doesn't put out their franchises on other consoles. Yea let's get rid of our exclusive titles because all the whiny ass people who want everything on only their PS4 or Xbox. Every console has their exclusives, never gonna change.

What makes it even MORE of a BS argument from them is the fact that you don't hear it in regards to exclusives for THOSE systems. I love the PS4, but the only exclusives it has going for it are Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, and the usual JRPG style games from Japan which don't count to people on here because it's not "real" games or some such bullshit. It's hypocritical bullshit to have the expectation for Nintendo to publish on other consoles when it has no reason to do so, but not have the same expectation of other companies or be conveniently silent on the issue of non-nintendo console exclusives such as Bloodborne, Sunset Overdrive, Gears of War, Uncharted, Infamous, Sly Cooper, Ratchet and Clank, The Last of Us, etc., the list could go on.. Point is, you hear bitching and moaning about how Nintendo needs get with the times and publish on other consoles/platforms, but you don't hear that complaint with regards to Sony and MS.

The visuals to this game are great. It's almost meditative just watching the gameplay trailer. I don't really game anymore, but would love to play this game.

I think the bigger issue with Nintendo is they don't have enough 3rd party support. How can you expect to compete with Sony/M$ when your system doesn't have popular titles like; Call of Duty, Battlefield, Madden, NBA2K, FIFA, Witcher, Assassin's Creed, Destiny, Fallout, Rocket League, GTA, Mortal Kombat, Battlefront, etc.

I mean, how successful does Nintendo expect their console to be when it doesn't support 90% of the most popular games? The NX will fail as well if Nintendo doesn't get more 3rd party support.

I think the bigger issue with Nintendo is they don't have enough 3rd party support. How can you expect to compete with Sony/M$ when your system doesn't have popular titles like; Call of Duty, Battlefield, Madden, NBA2K, FIFA, Witcher, Assassin's Creed, Destiny, Fallout, Rocket League, GTA, Mortal Kombat, Battlefront, etc.

I mean, how successful does Nintendo expect their console to be when it doesn't support 90% of the most popular games? The NX will fail as well if Nintendo doesn't get more 3rd party support.

They are completely stubborn, and because they got lucky as hell with the wii they will continue being idiots. They will never learn and living off the past will only work so long. I wouldn't be surprised if the next console fails. They are the worst with dlc, they nickel and dime their customers to death and they release trash people buy because it reminds them of their childhood.

lol, some of you guys are luke rockhold salty about Nintendo and Zelda. This game looks amazing, cant wait to play it.

This is a MUCH better argument. The issue with the Wii U was that it WAS going to get those games, but Ubisoft and EA pulled out after touting how amazing the Wii U was(it's interesting to note that all of this happened after Nintendo said they would not support EA's store mechanic thing Origin). It's VERY worth noting that both EA and Ubisoft are damn near in the negative numbers in terms of Social Approval rating because of all the bullshit they've pulled over the last few years. This is not to say that Nintendo shouldn't work with them to bring these games to their console, but it's worth noting the previous statement. Also, Thunderflahe500's previous comment on this topic has to be the WORSE one made so far given that their dlc support has been hailed the BEST anyone has seen from ANY dev and publisher in YEARS in a worlds where people get nickle and dimed by the likes of EA, Ubisoft, WB, Capcom, Konami, and even the Payday devs who SWORE they'd never include shit like that in their games yet we hear no comment on this from him which just reinforces the idea that he's a trolling shill.

lol, some of you guys are luke rockhold salty about Nintendo and Zelda. This game looks amazing, cant wait to play it.

The game looks like a gamecube game but sure keep drinking the kool aid.

The game looks like a gamecube game but sure keep drinking the kool aid.

raw

In more relevant news, been watching gameplay videos of the game and it's really hit me just how fucking HUGE the game world is. Like every video takes place in a similar looking forrested area, but different places in it and it just now hit me that all of those videos are the exact same starting plateau area. All of the footage has been just ONE AREA. One out of seemingly two dozen or so.

The are we've seen in most if not all the trailers.

ZeldaMapCloseup-640x480.jpg

Here's that same exact area, but zoomed out to show the rest of the map.

HyruleMapZeldaWiiU.jpg

That's fucking HUGE. The following link crunches the numbers and scales everything in comparison to other open world games.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1234095

Haha you nintennerds are so easily rustled.

Keep playing your shitty system with its 1 good game a year.

This is a MUCH better argument. The issue with the Wii U was that it WAS going to get those games, but Ubisoft and EA pulled out after touting how amazing the Wii U was(it's interesting to note that all of this happened after Nintendo said they would not support EA's store mechanic thing Origin). It's VERY worth noting that both EA and Ubisoft are damn near in the negative numbers in terms of Social Approval rating because of all the bullshit they've pulled over the last few years. This is not to say that Nintendo shouldn't work with them to bring these games to their console, but it's worth noting the previous statement. Also, Thunderflahe500's previous comment on this topic has to be the WORSE one made so far given that their dlc support has been hailed the BEST anyone has seen from ANY dev and publisher in YEARS in a worlds where people get nickle and dimed by the likes of EA, Ubisoft, WB, Capcom, Konami, and even the Payday devs who SWORE they'd never include shit like that in their games yet we hear no comment on this from him which just reinforces the idea that he's a trolling shill.

Oh its the best? In games like Mario kart they shove it in your face that you don't have the dlc constantly. Or smash where they charge kids like $15 for ammibo's. Nintendo's dlc is over priced as hell and if EA tried pulling what Nintendo gets away with they'd be crucified. You shouldn't need to buy so many individual characters for such a high amount. They are ripping kids off. And you could say well if they pay for it, its worth it to them. Well fine but its still worse than EA.

Haha you nintennerds are so easily rustled.

Keep playing your shitty system with its 1 good game a year.

You mean like the Ps4 and it's what 3-4 major exclusives? I OWN a PS4 and have poured 200+ hours into Bloodborne, but other than that Uncharted and maybe Infamous it really has nothing going for it right now at all in terms of exclusivity. Compare to my Wii U collection numbering in the dozen or so games and that's before factoring in my VC games I have for it. Your posts are just...pointless. Like why? What's' the point of console wars other than prove that you're a colossal douchebag when in either case I'd STILL fucking stomp your guts out since I have a 4k and VR capable gaming PC I built.

Oh its the best? In games like Mario kart they shove it in your face that you don't have the dlc constantly. Or smash where they charge kids like $15 for ammibo's. Nintendo's dlc is over priced as hell and if EA tried pulling what Nintendo gets away with they'd be crucified. You shouldn't need to buy so many individual characters for such a high amount. They are ripping kids off. And you could say well if they pay for it, its worth it to them. Well fine but its still worse than EA.

You don't NEED the Amiibo's for anything major like unlocking levels or players and the Mario Kart dlc was hailed as the best anyone had ever seen in years across all gaming media sites for how expansive it was and how fair the price points. All you're doing it backing up my previous comment that you're nothing more than a shilling troll and it's getting fucking old.

Edit: Compare THAT dlc for WB charging $20 for what amounted to 20 minutes worth of Batgirl content in their season pass on top of the game not even working on PC or any of the gross microtransactic bullshit EA shoved into BF4 or the whole Sims 4 fiasco(RIP Maxis Studio).

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/05/28/battlefield-4-microtransactions/

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-03-04-ea-shuts-down-simcity-developer-maxis

Last edited:
So all we judge dlc is on is if its pay to win? So if a dlc charged someone $50 to put apples on trees would that be fair to you? "Well you don't need apples!!" Ammiibos are a huge rip off and there is no need to charge like $30 for two of them. And Mario kart was lame where its right in your face "pay to unlock". Nintendo is tacky and lame with dlc. Always have been. Like with Windwaker they put the fairy guy in a cave and say "connect your gameboy advance!" Why is that in game? When im playimg halo do they stop in the middle of the game and ask me to purchase microsoft points to unlock something? Tacky is the best way to describe it.

I'm not trolling we just have a disagreement.

Last edited:
So all we judge dlc is on is if its pay to win? So if a dlc charged someone $50 to put apples on trees would that be fair to you? "Well you don't need apples!!" Ammiibos are a huge rip off and there is no need to charge like $30 for two of them. And Mario kart was lame where its right in your face "pay to unlock". Nintendo is tacky and lame with dlc. Always have been. Like with Windwaker they put the fairy guy in a cave and say "connect your gameboy advance!" Why is that in game? When im playimg halo do they stop in the middle of the game and ask me to purchase microsoft points to unlock something? Tacky is the best way to describe it.

I'm not trolling we just have a disagreement.

raw

With regards to the Mario Kart dlc, when most if not the ENTIRE gaming collective disagrees with your opinion then it might just be because you're wrong. And yes, P2W is vile repugnant bullshit that should NEVER be implemented. Compared to the fact that all amiibo's do in Smash is give you a sort of NPC to level up and play against and in Kart it unlocks alt racing suits for your Mii character, those are minor to simply downright insignificant compared to the shit that EA, Ubisoft, WB, and others have made STANDARD practice that you gloss over when not outright ignoring because it doesn't suit your anti-Nintendo message nonsense.

If you're not going to play this game, why are you in here putting other people down who are excited for it? That's fucking sad, way more sad than any shady business practices you guys are arguing about.

If you're not going to play this game, why are you in here putting other people down who are excited for it? That's fucking sad, way more sad than any shady business practices you guys are arguing about.

I came in positive for the most part. Zelda improved a lot. But they asked why I didn't like the others. They were shit. And if you call me a troll I'll defend myself.

It looks pretty awesome to be honest. I'm an X1/PS4 person I haven't had a Nintendo since my gamecube/n64 (which was amazing)

My main problem is the shitty controllers they have. They try to force feed people these gay ass little mini gameboy controllers with terrible controls and screens on them and shit people will never use.

If they go back to having a console with a normal fucking controller I'll buy and nx with Zelda no problem. The wii u was such a massive failure I hope they learn.

If someone wants a mobile console they'll buy a gameboy or a 3ds or some shit. People buy consoles because they want consoles.

I believe they confirmed that it'll launch simultaneously on the WiiU/NX, which hopefully means Nintendo will showcase the damn console already. I want to know what it's like, so I know which one to buy this game on.
I'd buy on the new system if I didn't already have a Wii U. I don't think I will buy any new systems; just dont' play games enough to warrant the cost.

Back