Nintendo The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild official thread

It's tempting but the Barbarian outfit just looks like crap to me. Maybe without the helmet it'd be cool but then you don't get the bonus.

I get away with doing it on Lynels quite well. Use stasis+ and get behind them to start your spin, then make sure to move away from its weapon as you keep spinning. You can get in a decent amount, just have to watch out for their returning strike while you finish up the smash animation at the end of the spin.

What Color Lynel are you doing that on? I've found the stronger the enemy, the shorter the stasis time, and the White Maned Lynels have a really short stun period.

I've been having really good luck using the Stasis+ to line up a head shot to stagger and then mount. Once I got the timing down for dodging their charging weapon attack, I've had a lot better run ins with these guys.

An encounter can go sideways in a hurry, especially when they have the big 2h mace. I've been damn near 1 shot with that thing at 14 hearts. Haven't fought one since I've maxed out my farming set, so not sure what that looks like now with a higher armor rating.

What Color Lynel are you doing that on? I've found the stronger the enemy, the shorter the stasis time, and the White Maned Lynels have a really short stun period.

I've been having really good luck using the Stasis+ to line up a head shot to stagger and then mount. Once I got the timing down for dodging their charging weapon attack, I've had a lot better run ins with these guys.

An encounter can go sideways in a hurry, especially when they have the big 2h mace. I've been damn near 1 shot with that thing at 14 hearts. Haven't fought one since I've maxed out my farming set, so not sure what that looks like now with a higher armor rating.

Today it actually worked well on my first ever white maned Lynel. The one guarding the east Lanayru road entrance was upgraded to white mane in my game somehow (completely skipping over blue mane) and it was a hell of a fight. Had to use a triple strength defense potion and got help from Mipha's Grace but I took the bastard down. I found that stasis+ worked just long enough to get behind him and get off one hit while he's frozen which stuns him for a couple seconds. That's when I'd start the spin and move all around him so he'd miss at least one strike. I did do a good amount of arrow stun shots to mount him a few times which saves your weapon durability. Then I hit my stride and did around 4-5 perfect dodge backflips in a row to give me multiple flurry rushes. Was well worth it for the 160 atk bow I got out of it.

Today it actually worked well on my first ever white maned Lynel. The one guarding the east Lanayru road entrance was upgraded to white mane in my game somehow (completely skipping over blue mane) and it was a hell of a fight. Had to use a triple strength defense potion and got help from Mipha's Grace but I took the bastard down. I found that stasis+ worked just long enough to get behind him and get off one hit while he's frozen which stuns him for a couple seconds. That's when I'd start the spin and move all around him so he'd miss at least one strike. I did do a good amount of arrow stun shots to mount him a few times which saves your weapon durability. Then I hit my stride and did around 4-5 perfect dodge backflips in a row to give me multiple flurry rushes. Was well worth it for the 160 atk bow I got out of it.

Nice! I did find that from farming Lynels to max out my Barbarian Set, that not only did I get a bunch of weapons/shields/bows in the process, they all seem to drop at least 1 10x electric arrow bundle. The last one I fought dropped 3 10x bundles. Currently sitting at like 240 electric arrows.

Farming the Guardians for the Ancient Set also lined my pockets really well. I had been grinding the Blowling mini game for rupees, and hadn't really bothered selling anything, but once I maxed out the Ancient Set I had hundreds of Ancient Screws, Springs, and Gears. So selling off a majority of those was an added bonus. Just keeping the Ancient Shafts and Cores to make Ancient Arrows and possibly buy an Ancient Weapon or two.

Nice! I did find that from farming Lynels to max out my Barbarian Set, that not only did I get a bunch of weapons/shields/bows in the process, they all seem to drop at least 1 10x electric arrow bundle. The last one I fought dropped 3 10x bundles. Currently sitting at like 240 electric arrows.

Farming the Guardians for the Ancient Set also lined my pockets really well. I had been grinding the Blowling mini game for rupees, and hadn't really bothered selling anything, but once I maxed out the Ancient Set I had hundreds of Ancient Screws, Springs, and Gears. So selling off a majority of those was an added bonus. Just keeping the Ancient Shafts and Cores to make Ancient Arrows and possibly buy an Ancient Weapon or two.

I plan on buying at least one of every guardian weapon just so I can take a picture for my Hyrule Compendium. I typically just farm the modest and major test of strength shrines to get my Guardian weapons. I noticed they get a lot of good perks quite regularly.

Which one did you do first? My first Divine Beast was the Zora one and I thought the Waterblight Ganon boss fight was cool as hell. Completely different from fighting a Lynel, but also makes you be careful because it can put a whooping on you quickly.

Same. My issue was just how easy it was. The fight itself was pretty cool but not challenging.

Same. My issue was just how easy it was. The fight itself was pretty cool but not challenging.

Interesting, I remember having a lot of fun with the boss until he actually hit me hard once and took almost all of my health. Maybe you had more hearts or stronger armor at that point. I invested about 20 straight orbs into stamina during the time I was going through Zora's Domain so I only had about 7-8 hearts.

Interesting, I remember having a lot of fun with the boss until he actually hit me hard once and took almost all of my health. Maybe you had more hearts or stronger armor at that point. I invested about 20 straight orbs into stamina during the time I was going through Zora's Domain so I only had about 7-8 hearts.

I think I had 7 hearts. More relevant I think was that I had just killed my first Lynel before that fight so it was skewed.

Wow the view from Tarrey Town is beautiful. Honestly anyone that says this game isn't gorgeous needs to go there and look west at dawn or sunset.

Wow the view from Tarrey Town is beautiful. Honestly anyone that says this game isn't gorgeous needs to go there and look west at dawn or sunset.

Scale the higher of the two Dueling Peaks and gaze down upon Hyrule. This is true of any high mountain in any of the regions. Just climb up to it's peak and gaze at the surrounding area and be awed. Also, hiking and scaling the Hebra mountain regions is the sort of shit that makes a man out of you. I recommend you get the boots from the guy hanging outside Gerudo town. It makes a world of difference.

Scale the higher of the two Dueling Peaks and gaze down upon Hyrule. This is true of any high mountain in any of the regions. Just climb up to it's peak and gaze at the surrounding area and be awed. Also, hiking and scaling the Hebra mountain regions is the sort of shit that makes a man out of you. I recommend you get the boots from the guy hanging outside Gerudo town. It makes a world of difference.

Yeah that was a great spot as well.

I'm not sure what it was, but I hit Tarrey Town at dusk after a rain storm had cleared and the view up to the volcano and mountains was crazy.

So far I've stuck to my guns not looking up anything on the internet but I'm losing will when it comes to finding hestu. Need inventory badly.

I think I had 7 hearts. More relevant I think was that I had just killed my first Lynel before that fight so it was skewed.

Yeah the lynel fights are definitely the hardest for me to fight now. I skipped over every comments about how to beat lynels because I want to figure out how to beat them properly in my own. I have some ideas on how best to approach it but I've been too busy finding shrines and just plain exploring. I never use horses (as of now) so it takes a long ass time to explore but it's fun that way..

With boss difficulty I find it way too easy considering we have a stash of food to replenish our energy. There's almost no way of losing an encounter unless u are getting one-shotted. Kinda anti-climactic actually. Zelda II bosses were way tougher I think since there is no way of healing and if u lose all your lives u start st the beginning of the maze.

Yeah the lynel fights are definitely the hardest for me to fight now. I skipped over every comments about how to beat lynels because I want to figure out how to beat them properly in my own. I have some ideas on how best to approach it but I've been too busy finding shrines and just plain exploring. I never use horses (as of now) so it takes a long ass time to explore but it's fun that way..

With boss difficulty I find it way too easy considering we have a stash of food to replenish our energy. There's almost no way of losing an encounter unless u are getting one-shotted. Kinda anti-climactic actually. Zelda II bosses were way tougher I think since there is no way of healing and if u lose all your lives u start st the beginning of the maze.

True about the boss fights. I think you're intended to fight the bosses early on vs later(unless they scale as well since thunderblight did some real damage)before getting large enhancements to your hp gauge. For the next game, I want to see something like this again, but with actual Zelda style dungeons. That would be fucking BOSS.

True about the boss fights. I think you're intended to fight the bosses early on vs later(unless they scale as well since thunderblight did some real damage)before getting large enhancements to your hp gauge. For the next game, I want to see something like this again, but with actual Zelda style dungeons. That would be fucking BOSS.

Word. That is what I miss the most is the lack of true dungeons. I love wondering around Hyrule Castle because it gives you that sense of dungeon crawling. I never like to go very far because I want to save the end for when I'm ready to finally beat it. Would love to see some future DLC add some meaty content like dungeons.

Word. That is what I miss the most is the lack of true dungeons. I love wondering around Hyrule Castle because it gives you that sense of dungeon crawling. I never like to go very far because I want to save the end for when I'm ready to finally beat it. Would love to see some future DLC add some meaty content like dungeons.

hopefully the next DLC will have this.

I am thinking a huge multi-floor castle with multiple bosses. As you clear a floor the enemies there are stronger and harder along with an even more difficult boss would be mad cool.

I am also avoiding the castle. Havent even stepped a foot onto its ground yet... but soon... I feel I am missing a bit of something..

I am also avoiding the castle. Havent even stepped a foot onto its ground yet... but soon... I feel I am missing a bit of something..

I HIGHLY recommend at least checking out part of the castle. I went in there after a long time of shrine hunting and mostly because I wanted to complete those two side quests from the Riverside Stable. Not only is the castle insanely cool and creepy looking, the ominous music playing the entire time is just awesome. You get such a sense of sadness and anger from the castle. Plus you can get some pretty good weapons in there. I managed to find the classic Hyrulean Shield in there. It has a defense stat of 90!! And an insane amount of durability. Worth going in there for the shield alone imo. Of course I bailed the second I got the quests and shield, didn't want to spoil any more of the castle to myself than I had to.

From scoping out the castle I think the north and west sides offer the best ways in.

Last edited:
hopefully the next DLC will have this.

I am thinking a huge multi-floor castle with multiple bosses. As you clear a floor the enemies there are stronger and harder along with an even more difficult boss would be mad cool.

As much I really want some cool dungeons, I would love some Zelda controlled DLC. I'm not very far into the game story wise, just enough to know Link was out of the knocked out of commission in the Calamity 100 years prior and Zelda saved him. The game may cover it later in the game, but I would LOVE to see some DLC where Zelda is the controlled character and you play in that window after Link was put into slumber.

Kind of like they did with New Super Mario Bros where they re-tooled the whole game so you can play it with Luigi. Re-skin a huge portion of the map from the 100 years prior with Zelda taking care of business.

Regarding classic dungeons, while I'd like to see them in another Zelda game (hopefully in the same engine as BotW, imo this engine is perfect for the series) I'm perfectly content with how BotW does it. After 20+ years of the standard dungeon format I don't mind a little alteration. It was the same feeling with the Pokemon series. The newest entries Sun/Moon deviated from the 8 Gym format and ended up being some of the best games in the series.

In BotW the vast amount of shrine puzzles satisfy my dungeon crawling needs. A lot of these puzzle feel like a classic dungeon, including all the rage inducing ones. What they could have done better is maybe combine a couple shrine puzzles together to make one giant "shrine dungeon" where you can get multiple spirit orbs and fight a boss at the end.

some great ideas!!!.

and don't get me wrong about my last post, I still think this game is practically perfect. There's very little I would change. Maybe disabling the food eating ability while fighting bosses. that's the only thing I can think of. that would all boss fights incredibly thrilling IMO.

some great ideas!!!.

and don't get me wrong about my last post, I still think this game is practically perfect. There's very little I would change. Maybe disabling the food eating ability while fighting bosses. that's the only thing I can think of. that would all boss fights incredibly thrilling IMO.

My guess is that the new hard mode in the first DLC will be something like that. Probably can't eat foods without stopping for the animation of eating, as well as enemies being smarter and doing more damage.

I must say though the Goron boss was too easy. Must be because of the master sword but he went down way too quickly... or maybe I am way too strong of a legendary hero!.. muwahahaha!

Back