Nintendo The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild official thread

You CAN define quality. It's just that you're damn near objectively wrong since mechanically the game was sound, the music was great, the graphics and art were excellent, and the gameplay was pretty much universally loved and the review criticism reflects this. Sales mean fuck all in terms of quality for the reason I listed. Just because something sells millions more than another doesn't make it better in any of the forms I mentioned earlier. Just better marketed. The mechanics being poor are LITERALLY just YOUR opinion since it's damn near(if not completely) universal that the mechanics work perfectly for this game.

I agreed about the music and graphics. Nintendo fan boys cling to the graphics debate. Yea you're right, they don't need modern graphics. I'm not debating that.

You don't really counter anything I said other than saying others disagree. I listed like 10 different specifics why they are terrible. But hey if you like collecting 30 of this and 30 of that over and over again for literally no reason, have at it. The rest of the world will ignore the series until the gameplay isn't shit.

I agreed about the music and graphics. Nintendo fan boys cling to the graphics debate. Yea you're right, they don't need modern graphics. I'm not debating that.

You don't really counter anything I said other than saying others disagree. I listed like 10 different specifics why they are terrible. But hey if you like collecting 30 of this and 30 of that over and over again for literally no reason, have at it. The rest of the world will ignore the series until the gameplay isn't shit.

seh6p.gif

Judging by the reaction Breath of the Wild got you might be the only one ignoring the series. You can say what you want but the fact is the Legend of Zelda series has one of the most popular and critically acclaimed series of all time. Despite what you say all your "specifics" are just opinions that you want to believe are fact. You and your friends who want to hate the series can go ahead and do that, just stop acting like your opinion is fact when in reality the majority of gamers disagree with you.

You keep calling the gameplay shit. I'd like to hear what games have good gameplay then in your opinion.

I haven't enjoyed a Zelda game since Ocarina of Time. That said, this game looks like it's gonna be a classic.

I haven't enjoyed a Zelda game since Ocarina of Time. That said, this game looks like it's gonna be a classic.

Why? Not judging since it's all opinion, but legit curious since MM was at least similar to OoT in everything except the new time mechanic and it's the most beloved next to OoT.

oh sorry I liked Majora's Mask as well. Although it didn't have the magic of OoT for me.

I also didn't have an ecstatic reaction, and didn't like Wind Waker much either *ducks*

Seriously though, this looks pretty good. I didn't really like TP, so it's likely the parts that remind me of it that rub me wrong. But I'm still excited. If anything, Nintendo still knows how to make a good Zelda game. A Link Between Worlds is a great game, one of my favorites in the series. The little kid in me always gets amped for a new Zelda game.

That was a word I used when I was just a little Shoemaker: amped.

oh sorry I liked Majora's Mask as well. Although it didn't have the magic of OoT for me.

Ah ok. That makes a bit more sense. Personally I liked MM more since you interacted with characters more and the environments were more varied and nicer looking.

trailer looks fantastic, the world looks beautiful, This might push me over the edge to buy my first console since the gamecube.

Even if the NX wows you?

The original Wii was fun, but just didn't have a ton of great games. The Wii-U was pretty much a bomb.. again, few good games, horrible sales, and the entire life of this console was without a Zelda or Metroid game?? As much as I love Zelda, I won't buy another Nintendo console simply to play 1 or 2 games. It would be awesome if they would port it to Xbone/PS4, but it won't happen. Oh well.

And what exactly has been wrong with the previous Zelda games? The only one that really bugged me was Skyward Sword's controls. The rest of the games have all been pretty awesome imo.

The controls for Skyward Sword were absolutely irritating. So many times I'd try to charge the sword and nothing would happen. It was kind of like seeing a very good idea be very close, but ultimately fall short. I think the battle in Twilight Princess was much better with the combo's... fighting the DarkNuts was a ton of fun because you could chain combo's and making for some really interesting fights.

I agree with the sentiment that the last few Zelda games have been weak, not to mention gimmicky. Are they high quality? Sure. But Zelda used to set the fucking bar on games like this and not only have they fallen behind the times but have actually regressed from the days of A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time in my opinion. This looks like a step in the right direction.

The controls for Skyward Sword were absolutely irritating. So many times I'd try to charge the sword and nothing would happen. It was kind of like seeing a very good idea be very close, but ultimately fall short. I think the battle in Twilight Princess was much better with the combo's... fighting the DarkNuts was a ton of fun because you could chain combo's and making for some really interesting fights.

I hate motion controls in general, so I pretty much agree. Although once I got used to Skyward Sword's controls it didn't bother me nearly as much so that I couldn't finish the game. Still would have preferred to just use a regular controller.

Wasted my money on the Wii U because of the trailered promise of Zelda U. Sold off my Wii U and don't plan to purchase another Nintendo product. Shame, because it does look good. Here's to hoping they actually publish this one.

Wasted my money on the Wii U because of the trailered promise of Zelda U. Sold off my Wii U and don't plan to purchase another Nintendo product. Shame, because it does look good. Here's to hoping they actually publish this one.

What do you mean by publish? As in on other consoles? You know that'll never happen. Breath of the Wild will be a WiiU and NX game only.

I know how you feel though, I bought my Wii U mainly for this game after it was initially announced. However the Wii U unexpectedly surprised me with how much I liked it. The virtual console has a ton of old games that are impossible to play without an old SNES or Gameboy, and a lot of those can't be played anymore because of the cartridge batteries dying. A good way to play your old favorites all on one console. Hell, between the 3DS and Wii U you can own and play every Zelda game. The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess remasters are great.

The main reason I'm glad I bought and kept my Wii U is Splatoon. I had no idea how much I would love and become addicted to it. Such a breath of fresh air in the multiplayer shooter genre, and the best one I've played in a very long time. At release it felt a bit uncomplete, but a constant stream of free updates turned it into a monster of a game. It sold really well too, hopefully it'll become Nintendo's new powerhouse IP.

I know the Wii U is considered a failure overall, which is a shame because personally I love it. I know I'm in the minority here but I wish the Wii U's life cycle wasn't so short. Hopefully the NX will be backwards compatible.

What do you mean by publish? As in on other consoles? You know that'll never happen. Breath of the Wild will be a WiiU and NX game only.

I know how you feel though, I bought my Wii U mainly for this game after it was initially announced. However the Wii U unexpectedly surprised me with how much I liked it. The virtual console has a ton of old games that are impossible to play without an old SNES or Gameboy, and a lot of those can't be played anymore because of the cartridge batteries dying. A good way to play your old favorites all on one console. Hell, between the 3DS and Wii U you can own and play every Zelda game. The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess remasters are great.

The main reason I'm glad I bought and kept my Wii U is Splatoon. I had no idea how much I would love and become addicted to it. Such a breath of fresh air in the multiplayer shooter genre, and the best one I've played in a very long time. At release it felt a bit uncomplete, but a constant stream of free updates turned it into a monster of a game. It sold really well too, hopefully it'll become Nintendo's new powerhouse IP.

I know the Wii U is considered a failure overall, which is a shame because personally I love it. I know I'm in the minority here but I wish the Wii U's life cycle wasn't so short. Hopefully the NX will be backwards compatible.

I'm not even sure why it's considered a failure at all given it EASILY has the best 1st party exclusive line up of any other console many of which are considered some of this gens best games out. I never understand comments like that since it just comes across like they either bought the console for one game(which is always dumb, but never seems to come up when people do it for PS4 or Xbox1) or had no idea or concept of what kind of games to expect.

Meh game looks boring. Not going to convince me to buy an NX. Not sure what the hype is all about. Ocarina of time was the last great Zelda.

When I first saw this, I was hoping it was for 3DS, but it's WiiU which I ain't buying.

Looks great. Not sure I'll buy another Nintendo console though.

Yeah this right here

Looks good but not enough to drop 300 bucks on a system for it

Nintendo will continue to be worthless until they evolve and start publishing games on other platforms

Back