The Last Time GSP finished an Opponent in the Octagon...

dan-henderson-michael-bisping-1151.jpg

What was the new wolf ticket GSP is trying to sell instead of "Don't blink"? Can't remember it.

he has been retired for 4 years lets that sink in

he has been retired for 4 years lets that sink in

Agreed this is a stupid thread. GSP last fought in November of 2013 so going back to his win against Penn in 2009 doesn't tell us much.

GSP didn't finish a lot of fights. Great. He fought the best in a stacked division. There have only been 2 finishes in WW championship fights since 2013. 5 rounds is the norm.

Last time Sherdog's hero Nick Diaz merely won a fight, Trump was president... of The Apprentice!

I keep reading how much GSP will be rusty but seriously, he is known to train like a man possessed, I don't see it being that big of a factor. We'll see on the 4th of November and I am really excited about this fight.

I keep reading how much GSP will be rusty but seriously, he is known to train like a man possessed, I don't see it being that big of a factor. We'll see on the 4th of November and I am really excited about this fight.

Agreed. For all the GSP hate on Sherdog every other thread is about GSP or Bisping. Apparently that fight is trending. If nobody posted I would assume nobody cared about GSP anymore.

It did change but the real question is why. Was it the Serra loss, sure I think that has a lot to do with it. He knows if you get caught slippin you can lose your belt.

So he stopped going all out when he had it, as he knew the judges would let a decision go to the controlling champ more than likely. Where as if he got caught looking for a finish he loses his belt.

If he doesn't have a belt he can't let it go to the judges because he won't get that decision so he goes for the finish.

We'll see. It's currently the only fight I care about at all
only? not cogar vs tj? dang

An out of fight shape Mayhem was taking it to Bisping before he gassed.

An in shape mayhem got totally owned by Pierre.

Let that sink in.
Let what sink in? A fight that was 15 years ago? Let me tell you something that you probably don't know... people get older and their body will never remain the same.

Well both guys actually started out from a different era.

Let what sink in? A fight that was 15 years ago? Let me tell you something that you probably don't know... people get older and their body will never remain the same.
Yes, a better younger in better shape mayhem absolutely got owned by Pierre.

An older less serious mayhem gave bisping trouble before he gassed.

And I'm old with a worn out body. I understand the point I'm making very well.

The last time GSP finished an opponent in the octagon....

...Jon Jones was clean.

... Obama had just been inaugurated president for his first term.

president-obama-half-brother-mark-obama-ndesandjo.jpg

And his finish was against a lightweight:

10740zk.jpg

GSP is NOT going to finish Michael Bisping. He might win the fight, but there is zero chance of a GSP submission or knockout happening.
<mma4>

SO I should bet on GSP vai decision or Bisping to win?

GSP is the younger fighter though so why does it matter that he's 36.

If fighters like Yoel, Cormier, Bisping, Jacare, Maia can stay athletically competitive at 36, why all of a sudden is it now ridiculous to think that GSP can??
I never said it was ridiculous that he could be competitive.

It's just logical that there's a good chance he's regressed from his prime.

Who?

I don't watch anything lower than WW typically. I don't even have a clue what classes they are in.
oh, you be missing out bro.go watch all the WEC, if that shit can't convert you then I don't know what exciting is

oh, you be missing out bro.go watch all the WEC, if that shit can't convert you then I don't know what exciting is

I've watched a lot of lower weight classes before. Hell in Thailand there were kids on the weekly cards. I just don't have any interest in lower classes. No power comparatively. Call me a just bleed fan or whatever. I just like watching brutal ko's or the chance for there to be one.

Little guys landing 100 strikes each per fight inflicting no damage just doesn't interest me.

Yeah, and he only finished BJ, a two-division, UFC champion. Not impressed.

I never said it was ridiculous that he could be competitive.

It's just logical that there's a good chance he's regressed from his prime.

I think that's the intrigued about this fight, it's not so much about the fight itself but about what GSP are we going to get.

In my opinion GSP is fucking smart, and loaded, and he's not the type of guy to come in to take a beating for a paycheck. The only way I can see him continuing to fight at a regressed level is if Firas has conned him.

Back