The Last Time GSP finished an Opponent in the Octagon...

Because GSP is the best MMA wrestler, and Bisping had been wrestle fucked by lesser grapplers. It ain't rocket science.
ping has good tdd. not saying he's never been bested in the wrestling. but the laynpray of yesteryear ain't gonna cut it in the 2017 mw division. not against the count, not against the top 5 either. but with how little evidence both guys have given us lately. opinions will opinion

ping has good tdd. not saying he's never been bested in the wrestling. but the laynpray of yesteryear ain't gonna cut it in the 2017 mw division. not against the count, not against the top 5 either. but with how little evidence both guys have given us lately. opinions will opinion

I don't think he's gonna bring the jab takedown lay and pray title defense of yesteryear. I think he's gonna bring the fast dynamic challenger striking from even further back.

Game plan , bisping knows George took him down in training. Bisping is gonna be working to defend against that. He's gonna spend all his time on it and rely on his "better striking" being better already and not work it enough.

George is gonna come in striking like a kickboxing match and bisping won't have trained for that. Throw him totally off his game plan and get worked over by the kicks to the legs, body and head

Because GSP is the best MMA wrestler, and Bisping had been wrestle fucked by lesser grapplers. It ain't rocket science.
When that was the case he was fighting welterweights, wasn't 36 years old and wasn't coming off a 4 year break.

It's not his tdd that is amazing, it's his scramble to get back up. This is where I foresee issues for bisping.

Unlike Chael, GSP has much better top game...passing...And is good at stifling just about anyone on the ground.

I don't think he's gonna bring the jab takedown lay and pray title defense of yesteryear. I think he's gonna bring the fast dynamic challenger striking from even further back.

Game plan , bisping knows George took him down in training. Bisping is gonna be working to defend against that. He's gonna spend all his time on it and rely on his "better striking" being better already and not work it enough.

George is gonna come in striking like a kickboxing match and bisping won't have trained for that. Throw him totally off his game plan and get worked over by the kicks to the legs, body and head
don't get me wrong. my heart is for gsp all day long. but as long as bisping shows up with good preparation in general,gameplan or not, I don't believe gsp will have major amounts of success. he's way smaller, rusty as fuck, never fought under usada ( not calling him a juicer, but hardly no one, except bisping, ended up better because of it)

don't get me wrong. my heart is for gsp all day long. but as long as bisping shows up with good preparation in general,gameplan or not, I don't believe gsp will have major amounts of success. he's way smaller, rusty as fuck, never fought under usada ( not calling him a juicer, but hardly no one, except bisping, ended up better because of it)

We already know GSP can put bisping on his ass at will. Bisping even admits it publically.

If the striking gameplan doesn't work he's gonna put him on his ass and gnp like he's never seen.

Imagine bisping trying to get up with George kneeing the f out of the body like vs Serra.

It's going to be brutal on the ground if Into goes there

It's not his tdd that is amazing, it's his scramble to get back up. This is where I foresee issues for bisping.

Unlike Chael, GSP has much better top game...passing...And is good at stifling just about anyone on the ground.
*was good. you gotta know even best case scenario after 4 years gsp will be diminished. he didn't even leave at the top of his game, his couple fights were some of his least dominant. gsp might have to be BETTER than he was in the johnny Hendricks fight to take a big mw like bisping. that gsp was not the one who people thought might take Anderson. but who knows? he doesn't not have the potential to land heavy strikes, but the best I can do to see gsp winning is assume he got better somehow in the last 4 years.

Can't Wait for this fight.

You must have forgot how GREAT GSP is.

When that was the case he was fighting welterweights, wasn't 36 years old and wasn't coming off a 4 year break.

So it's not that you don't think GSP can win, it's that you think he has regressed in the last 4 years to the point that he can no longer win.

Your basing it your opinion off of assumptions not facts.

*was good. you gotta know even best case scenario after 4 years gsp will be diminished. he didn't even leave at the top of his game, his couple fights were some of his least dominant. gsp might have to be BETTER than he was in the johnny Hendricks fight to take a big mw like bisping. that gsp was not the one who people thought might take Anderson. but who knows? he doesn't not have the potential to land heavy strikes, but the best I can do to see gsp winning is assume he got better somehow in the last 4 years.

He's been training non stop for the last four years, how could he not have gotten better?

It's not like he's been sitting on the couch eating super sized double quarter pounder meals with Johnny.

He might have some ring rust which should fade quickly as the fight goes on. But he's been training hard for the last 4 and going against bigger guys often. Like cheal at least on two different occasions since 2016

So it's not that you don't think GSP can win, it's that you think he has regressed in the last 4 years to the point that he can no longer win.

Your basing it your opinion off of assumptions not facts.
I never said I don't think he can win? Why are you making stuff up.

What I'm questioning is the idea that Bisping has been outwrestled before so GSP will easily do the same. As far as I'm aware, at 6ft 1 and around 205 pounds (in the cage) Bisping will be the biggest fighter GSP has been in there with. That will play a factor, we don't know how big a factor until we see the fight.

A fighter returning at 36 years old, having not fought in 4 years, is likely to be at a lower level than he was at his peak. This is just a probability, not definite.

Of course we make assumptions. If GSP returned at 65 years old, would you fancy him to easily beat the MW champions because thinking he's probably worse would be "assumptions rather than facts?"

What I'm questioning is the idea that Bisping has been outwrestled before so GSP will easily do the same. As far as I'm aware, at 6ft 1 and around 205 pounds (in the cage) Bisping will be the biggest fighter GSP has been in there with. That will play a factor, we don't know how big a factor until we see the fight.

A fighter returning at 36 years old, having not fought in 4 years, is likely to be at a lower level than he was at his peak. This is just a probability, not definite.

Of course we make assumptions. If GSP returned at 65 years old, would you fancy him to easily beat the MW champions because thinking he's probably worse would be "assumptions rather than facts?"

GSP was stronger than bisping at his 170 weight the last time they trained together, threw him around. Bisping admits it.

Has trained vs shad. Better wrestler at least as big as bisping. Was probublay bigger when they trained.

Has trained with cheal. Bigger than bisping. Threw him around. Says "there are positions George gets you in where he just over powers you, you can't do anything "

Has trained with the techno Viking. " George is stronger than most 205ers I've fought, takes you down with crazy power"
Techno Viking is a lot bigger than bisping. Ko'ed prime ish Liddell

The only person on that list GSP hasn't ragdolled in training is tito, think about that.

He's put shad down, cheal and bisping himself already.

If your gonna do mma math get all the variables in the equation.
He took Rashad down in a primetime hype vid. This immediately transformed into the myth GSP ragdolls Rashad, and that myth still exists. Insane.

Chael sucks in training. He admitted Nate and Okami dominated him in training - Nate before they fought, Omani after. He was tossing both around in fights.

Just like some guys are gym monsters but can't translate that to the cage, Chael isn't good in training it would seem.

GSP is the younger fighter though so why does it matter that he's 36.

If fighters like Yoel, Cormier, Bisping, Jacare, Maia can stay athletically competitive at 36, why all of a sudden is it now ridiculous to think that GSP can??

Last edited:
When did he fight Tito? Evans kept Bisping down easily in their first fight during the first round. I think Bisping won that one.

In my head I think I misremembered the Rashad Vs Tito fight

He's been training non stop for the last four years, how could he not have gotten better?

It's not like he's been sitting on the couch eating super sized double quarter pounder meals with Johnny.

He might have some ring rust which should fade quickly as the fight goes on. But he's been training hard for the last 4 and going against bigger guys often. Like cheal at least on two different occasions since 2016
I cannot convince you, and I won't rub it in when we see it, but everyone knows these layoffs have done virtually no fighters any good. he may not have a title right now, but we won't see No Title GSP ever again. serra killed him and keeps him in a tub fulla everclear as a trophy.

I cannot convince you, and I won't rub it in when we see it, but everyone knows these layoffs have done virtually no fighters any good. he may not have a title right now, but we won't see No Title GSP ever again. serra killed him and keeps him in a tub fulla everclear as a trophy.

The Serra killed him approach works well, except for the fact he murdered Serra the next time they fought.

If he had that killed from him by Serra we would have seen a safe point fight blanket 50/45 decision instead of that vicious beating.

He might not ever comeback the same after the layoff but his chances since he's been training non stop the whole time are much better than those fighters who left, stopped training hard and decided to make a comeback later on.

Bispings gonna have some ring rust too. It's not like his last fight was extremely recent either.

The Serra killed him approach works well, except for the fact he murdered Serra the next time they fought.

If he had that killed from him by Serra we would have seen a safe point fight blanket 50/45 decision instead of that vicious beating.

He might not ever comeback the same after the layoff but his chances since he's been training non stop the whole time are much better than those fighters who left, stopped training hard and decided to make a comeback later on.

Bispings gonna have some ring rust too. It's not like his last fight was extremely recent either.
yeah it wasn't his last finish win, but shit done changed for the champ after that. who knows after getting beat up by hendo and this past year bisping might be arlovski chinny. as I said it be all assumption really, but for me it doesn't add up well for GSP. not gonna lie though, the closer I get to the fight, the less I think about how fucked the mw division has been, and the more I think JEE ESS FUCKING PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! it's good to have one of the Goat candidates fighting in the ufc again. Huge MM fan here but this is cooler for me than any aldo,cruz,fedor,anderson,MM fight that has happened in recent history.

yeah it wasn't his last finish win, but shit done changed for the champ after that. who knows after getting beat up by hendo and this past year bisping might be arlovski chinny. as I said it be all assumption really, but for me it doesn't add up well for GSP. not gonna lie though, the closer I get to the fight, the less I think about how fucked the mw division has been, and the more I think JEE ESS FUCKING PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! it's good to have one of the Goat candidates fighting in the ufc again. Huge MM fan here but this is cooler for me than any aldo,cruz,fedor,anderson,MM fight that has happened in recent history.

It did change but the real question is why. Was it the Serra loss, sure I think that has a lot to do with it. He knows if you get caught slippin you can lose your belt.

So he stopped going all out when he had it, as he knew the judges would let a decision go to the controlling champ more than likely. Where as if he got caught looking for a finish he loses his belt.

If he doesn't have a belt he can't let it go to the judges because he won't get that decision so he goes for the finish.

We'll see. It's currently the only fight I care about at all

Back