The Last of Us: Part II (Release: 29.05.2020) - No spoilers

Are you excited for The Last of Us Part II?

• Yes, I'm excited.

• No, I'm not.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a fan of the first game but it was an okay stealth 'em up

If I was in charge I'd tell them to rip-off TWD/ME to an extent with dat branching dialogue. That + the already solid gameplay mechanics would be money. But then I'm in a small minority of assholes who hated both Joel and Ellie

Can you elaborate on why you hated both of them. To be fair Joel was kind of an asshole for a good bit of the game but his characters grew and his actions reflected how much he cared, regardless of how selfish they were. And Ellie was just flat out awesome imo.

Another thing to consider, a while back in an interview I recall the head person at Naughty Dog stating that if they ever did a sequel to TLOU they wouldn't focus on Joel and Ellie. I'll look around to see if I can find the interview, it's about a year old.

Zer was in luv with Ellie but played the download content and felt like he was led on imo.

Can you elaborate on why you hated both of them. To be fair Joel was kind of an asshole for a good bit of the game but his characters grew and his actions reflected how much he cared, regardless of how selfish they were. And Ellie was just flat out awesome imo.

I just thought Joel was a dull stereotype (That said, I did enjoy the turn his character took right at the end) and Ellie was just cheap drama for the most part. So I think a larger cast and the ability to maneuver around in it would help. It's not like TWD didn't rely on pretty much the exact same characters, but because as the player you had more influence over them there was more attachment, at least IMO

Hope Naughty Dog does the right thing and does a new story with different characters. Joel and Ellie were great but we don't need more of the same. There are tons of different stories you can tell.

It takes being asian and dressing like youre 14 to win his heart

ImanariAoki_schoolgirl.jpg

They've continued to knock the Uncharted games out of the park, one after the other.

I don't think anyone is putting out the quality of games ND is right now. If anyone can pull it's off, it's them.

Uncharted is a different beast. They have fun characters in Drake/Sullivan and as long as they continue to release polished games with excellent gameplay and a decent storyline full of wisecracking jokes, I am buying. Uncharted is a lighthearted fun adventure.

But TLOU is a tougher to replicate. You are so emotionally invested in the characters and it continually builds upon it. The story was written/acted perfectly and it will be tough to make a 2nd story. If they use the same characters, it'll be a letdown (most likely IMO). and if they use new characters I doubt they'll be able to match the roller coaster ride I felt playing the first one...

It's a tough act to follow...

My favorite game of the 21st century. Hands down.

My wish is for something without either Joel, or Ellie. Their stories were played to completion, barring revelations in the sequel. Though I hope they aren't in it.

No prequel either. That shit is old hat.

I wouldn't mind it if they decided to continue Ellie's story years down the line when she is an adult woman already, maybe she takes on the role of a mentor herself to a kid or group of kids. Joel is obviously dead at that point.

It's gotta continue Ellie's story, if not Joel's as well. She's still got the end-game (cure?) potential going on.

Or introduce a new immune person but that would seem kinda redundant for the sake of making a new game.

Without the possibility of a cure still there I don't think it'd be able to have the same suspense because if everyone's gonna end up dead regardless of what you do there isn't much point in worrying about surviving a zombie attack or not. Gotta have some kind of end goal even if it's not realized at the end like in the first game.

First game was incredible and I imagine the second game will also be amazing. Naughty Dog is awesome!

Good I'm glad. Shocked at the amount of people not wanting a sequel. I think this is the first I've ever seen this from such a highly rated game.

I personally would love a sequel some years later down the road. Have Joel and Ellie being hunted down by everyone. I know Ellie was supposed to die eventually anyways because of the thing in her brain so maybe that would be the perfect end. They finally catch Joel and Ellie but by the time they reach them Joel's holding her dead body.

I wouldn't mind it if they decided to continue Ellie's story years down the line when she is an adult woman already, maybe she takes on the role of a mentor herself to a kid or group of kids. Joel is obviously dead at that point.

I thought the doctors said Ellie was going to die from the thing in her brain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back