The Last of Us: Part II (Release: 29.05.2020) - No spoilers

Are you excited for The Last of Us Part II?

• Yes, I'm excited.

• No, I'm not.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it really confirmed man? i honestly havent followed news on this, only the very first trailer where ellie is playing the guitar and what we saw in E3

I know game will be great but im honestly a little bummed that Joel is not the main character.

Also might the jacked lady be a Cannibal and be squatting rocks and shit?
He's in the game, thats confirmed, watch the trailers, they mention him too controlling shit. But Im sure he'll be playable, because they just have a knack of misleading people and lying to em.

I'll believe it after I finish the game and didn't get to play Joel at all... lol

they said the same about Joel for the first game, so it wouldn't be the first time they lied about that to surprise the player ;)

yeah man i really hope Joel is playable character but not just for 1 or 2 missions like in the first game. Honestly playing as joel for like 2 hours would suck for me, i was hoping for at least a 50-50 split :(

Ellie Is The Only Playable Character In Last of Us 2

https://screenrant.com/last-of-us-2-ellie-playable-character-joel/

This is like an hour ago

my heart is broken
I'll believe it after I finish the game and didn't get to play Joel at all... lol
they said the same about Joel for the first game, so it wouldn't be the first time they lied about that to surprise the player ;)
Figures. Production on this started during the women of power Mary sue rampage all these movies and video games have been on. I'll believe women have these kind of combat survival skills in real life when I see it.
yeah man i really hope Joel is playable character but not just for 1 or 2 missions like in the first game. Honestly playing as joel for like 2 hours would suck for me, i was hoping for at least a 50-50 split :(

I said it before, they said the same thing about Joel in the first game, then you played Ellie for like a good while.

regardless of you play alot as Joel in the game I think it would be really cool if they release a DLC where you play as Joel.

maybe to fill in the gap of the 5 years between the first and second game.

I think it would make sense since the DLC for the first game was all about Ellie

I just watched the E3 Gameplay trailer in 4K.

Holy fuck its gorgeous.

I'm actually expecting Joel to die relatively early in the game so they can shift the narrative to Ellie's revenge, which I think will be the main plot .

I'm actually expecting Joel to die relatively early in the game so they can shift the narrative to Ellie's revenge, which I think will be the main plot .
I'm actually thinking more like the hook-nosed girl dies relatively early, Ellie avenges her, Joel gets dragged into it and you play as him to some extent, and if he dies, it's towards the end of the game. But I could be wrong... :)

I am thinking you are going to play the entire main campaign as Ellie and then as a bonus you get to run the same scenarios at a different point of entry with Joel to see what he did while Ellie was rampaging.

So naughty dog would not be lying technically... :)

Last edited:
Heres the thing about Joel being in the sequel.
Dudes old as fuck by now.

In TLOU he had a 12 year old kid before the world went tits up. assuming he became a dad at an early age, like 18, He'd be 30 when the plague hit. So add 20 years and the dudes 50 at the start of the main game.
by the beginning of TLOU II, Joel is like 56/57 AT THE YOUNGEST. Little old to be hopping through windows getting into brawls and shit.

In TLOU he had a 12 year old kid before the world went tits up. assuming he became a dad at an early age, like 18, He'd be 30 when the plague hit. So add 20 years and the dudes 50 at the start of the main game.
by the beginning of TLOU II, Joel is like 56/57 AT THE YOUNGEST. Little old to be hopping through windows getting into brawls and shit.

You know what would be cool? If you got to play as Joel but he was noticeably slower due to his age. Age and youth personified in the game...

But at 50, it was totally acceptable?

It's a game. People are going to think of the realities of the limitations of his age, about as much as they think about it when they go to see Bruce Willis or Stallone kick some ass in a movie.

But at 50, it was totally acceptable?

It's a game. People are going to think of the realities of the limitations of his age, about as much as they think about it when they go to see Bruce Willis or Stallone kick some ass in a movie.
it was ridiculous then too, but made since in the context of the game because he was NOTICEABLY world weary and put-upon by the events going on. The dude was hostile to Ellie for almost 2 thirds of the game. He did everything but drop Danny Glovers 'im too old for this shit' as far as characterization goes. The whole kick off to the first game was just a minor little smuggling thing that spiraled out of control

it was ridiculous then too, but made since in the context of the game because he was NOTICEABLY world weary and put-upon by the events going on. The dude was hostile to Ellie for almost 2 thirds of the game. He did everything but drop Danny Glovers 'im too old for this shit' as far as characterization goes. The whole kick off to the first game was just a minor little smuggling thing that spiraled out of control

Why wouldn't Joel being a playable character make sense in the context of this new game? How would a few years take you out of the immersion?

Besides, he's in his 50's, not his 90's. There are tough motherfuckers in the real world, who are in their 50's. It's not really an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back