The Last of Us: Part II (Release: 29.05.2020) - No spoilers

Are you excited for The Last of Us Part II?

• Yes, I'm excited.

• No, I'm not.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's looking pretty sweet, but where the fuck is Joel?

I mostly want it for the MP.
You loved the first MP I presume? One of my fav MPs of all time, I hope they dont bloat it like the did to UC4.

Glad to see Glenn from Walking Dead getting work in the trailer. I imagine Ellie’s girlfriend’s infected form will have crazy scent detection abilities.

Glad to see Glenn from Walking Dead getting work in the trailer. I imagine Ellie’s girlfriend’s infected form will have crazy scent detection abilities.
It's funny, the actress who plays her (Shannon Woodward) doesn't have a hook nose either. It's like they made a younger version of her and then just added a big hook nose. Still kinda cute, but weird.

i hope Joel is a playable character, it would really sucks to me if Ellie is the only character you can play as.

For these apocalyptic/no-super-power games i really rather have a guy be the main character, its kind of like the second 300 movie for me, the second i realized the pale chick was the antagonist and she is killing all these giant dudes left and right i just checked out

i hope Joel is a playable character, it would really sucks to me if Ellie is the only character you can play as.

For these apocalyptic/no-super-power games i really rather have a guy be the main character, its kind of like the second 300 movie for me, the second i realized the pale chick was the antagonist and she is killing all these giant dudes left and right i just checked out

I stayed checked in till after her sex scenes. Dayum.

SJW the game

I'll pass
Anther ignorant comment, these comments will just keep coming.

TLOU may have been the best game last gen and one of the GOAT games ever made and like another poster said, there was hyper violence in the trailer like a dude getting gutted, but that kiss is what got everyone riled up. These comments are exposing everyone that didnt play the first game and its DLC.

This.

I'm as anti-SJW as anyone can possibly be. (Don't get me started on Disney's Star Wars movies.) But having a gay character isn't SJW.

What is SJW, is making a character long thought to be straight, to be gay, to gain attention from the SJW crowd and positive reviews from liberal critics.

Ellie was created as a character with the full intention that she'd be gay. There's several hints about it throughout the original game.

And that fact does have an effect on the 'world' of TLoU. She's the one living person who's immune to the disease. Potentially, her offspring will be immune as well. But that'll be irrelevant if she has no intention of having children.

"But lesbians have had kids!"

Not many. But that's besides the point, this is a fictional distopian future, and as the title of the game suggests - 'The Last of Us' - it ain't going to have a happy ending

For me, I see a few similarities between playing as Clem in the 2nd Walking Dead season by Telltale, and now Ellie in TLoU2.

With Clem in TWD, it didn't feel right when making the 'bad' choices. She was around 10 years old, been through the trauma of losing everyone in the 1st season and her parents, and soon afterward is making dozens of 'negative' decisions in the 2nd season? Seemed completely out of her character.

Now for Ellie in TLoU2, she's what 19 or 20 now? Probably around 120 pounds? And fucking up hundreds of grown men who are twice her size?

Yeah, she's using stealth, and the clear size and numbers disadvantages may add to the sense if danger, but if it seems like we're playing as Joel with an Ellie skin, its not going to feel right.

Anther ignorant comment, these comments will just keep coming.

TLOU may have been the best game last gen and one of the GOAT games ever made and like another poster said, there was hyper violence in the trailer like a dude getting gutted, but that kiss is what got everyone riled up. These comments are exposing everyone that didnt play the first game and its DLC.

Triggered

I have played and beaten Life is Strange around 3-4 times

I'm ignorant though

But the difference between that game and this game is the agenda behind it

Open dem eyes

This.

I'm as anti-SJW as anyone can possibly be. (Don't get me started on Disney's Star Wars movies.) But having a gay character isn't SJW.

What is SJW, is making a character long thought to be straight, to be gay, to gain attention from the SJW crowd and positive reviews from liberal critics.

Ellie was created as a character with the full intention that she'd be gay. There's several hints about it throughout the original game.

And that fact does have an effect on the 'world' of TLoU. She's the one living person who's immune to the disease. Potentially, her offspring will be immune as well. But that'll be irrelevant if she has no intention of having children.

"But lesbians have had kids!"

Not many. But that's besides the point, this is a fictional distopian future, and as the title of the game suggests - 'The Last of Us' - it ain't going to have a happy ending

I can't stand SJW's and complain about everything they do as well but I don't see any problem with lesbian characters. I've probably never fangirl'd over a game quite like I have with Life is Strange for example (Which some would say is an SJW shitfest). I guess it just comes down to whether they beat you over the head with her being a dyke. In LiS the lesbianism was basically one optional kiss that potentially led to a second kiss. If there were buzzcuts and dildo's flying around everywhere I probably would've gone right wing over that shit.

Triggered

I'm ignorant though

Open dem eyes

the only one triggered is you ya fuckin' troll. lol.

For me, I see a few similarities between playing as Clem in the 2nd Walking Dead season by Telltale, and now Ellie in TLoU2.

With Clem in TWD, it didn't feel right when making the 'bad' choices. She was around 10 years old, been through the trauma of losing everyone in the 1st season and her parents, and soon afterward is making dozens of 'negative' decisions in the 2nd season? Seemed completely out of her character.

Now for Ellie in TLoU2, she's what 19 or 20 now? Probably around 120 pounds? And fucking up hundreds of grown men who are twice her size?

Yeah, she's using stealth, and the clear size and numbers disadvantages may add to the sense if danger, but if it seems like we're playing as Joel with an Ellie skin, its not going to feel right.

I agree with you 100%

I felt the exact same way about Clementine in the walking dead and i know this game is gonna be awesome but im a little scared it wont feel right playing only as Ellie

Joel will definitely be a playable character, just not the main playable character. Just like Ellie was a playable character in the first game, but not the main playable character. I enjoyed playing as Ellie in the first game. You just have to strategize differently because of the divergent capabilities of each character. It should be better to play as her now because she will be bigger, stronger, more experienced and capable. However, it still won't be like playing as Joel. She won't be choking and punching people out like him. Look I'm not a big fan of women kicking guys' asses in movies and shit, but I think they do a good job of making the action more realistic in this game.

If the devlelopers where really trying to achieve some sjw agenda they would have made a main character a gay dude. Everyone knows that lesbians aren’t real gays. This is just pandering to a bunch of teenagers.

Dudes love lesbos and majority of the chicks that play this game are
Probably dykes or ugly as fuck

Triggered

I'm ignorant though

Open dem eyes
Enlighten everyone

Triggered

I'm ignorant though

Open dem eyes
What an embarrassing comment, claims he's ignorant, yet talks about the agenda behind the game when the character was already written to be gay in the first game + DLC. You have no context for such comments because you havent played the first game.
Hell I dont even think you watched the first trailer about the sequel, where Ellie is clearly mad about "losing everyone" and how she's going to "kill everyone". One can assume, the love interest from the trailer dies (+ Joel?) and that sets up a some parts of the game's narrative.

The only one triggered here is you, cause you watched a trailer about a sequel, when you havent even played the first, saw the kiss, ignored everything else about the game, came on to a thread about said game, and proceeded to write

SJW the game

I'll pass

because you were obviously triggered...{<jordan}

Last edited:
Also guys who think we wont play as Joel, its basically confirmed his in the game and we could assume you'll play as him.

I remember in the first game, ND were adamant you wouldnt play as Ellie, 100%, guess what happened? Lol.

I think we're definitely gonn play as Joel for some portion of the game. I also think we'll play as that jacked lady in the first trailer, presumably Ellie's mother?

I wanna know how she's so jacked when there is clearly no regular food supply, presumably she wont be getting too much protein, and how where she lifts, when one would assume she's constantly moving from place to place. And were she's getting her supply of roids...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back