The Last of Us: Part II (Release: 29.05.2020) - No spoilers

Are you excited for The Last of Us Part II?

• Yes, I'm excited.

• No, I'm not.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ellie's girlfriend looks like a female count chocula or wolf boy lol

One thing I noticed about the gameplay was none of the enemy AI would swarm you if you get into a firefight with them. They made it seem like they were all around you but they would straggle in groups of 2 or 1. The AI seemed kind of blind too, like you wouldn't notice someone going under the bus when there was no grass for cover. Either highly scripted scene or Metal Gear Solid type blindness where they have a cone of vision that stops after a certain point. Not saying its a big deal but it would have been cool to play against some really smart AI.

The AI did seem pretty dumb but let's be honest if it was semi realistic you would be dead right away.

The AI did seem pretty dumb but let's be honest if it was semi realistic you would be dead right away.

they're all fuckin' survivors in a world that has been rampaged by a virus/zombies. so most of them are fuckin' killers or have killed or know how to survive. so I completely agree.. if the AI was semi realistic you have no shot of beating all of them.

I thoroughly enjoyed the original TLOU, it was a pack in woth my 2nd PS3 after the first went balls up on me, as much as I loved that game (played it at least 4 times thru) I’m kind of meh about 2, it’s just been so long that I’m not that interested.

Should’ve released another mini campaign or something to keep interest piqued.

The sound mechanic is also a joke because the AI are basically deaf. You see it in the "demo" for the sequel too. Deaf, dumb, and blind. They don't react organically to a single thing you do aside from pre-scripted responses to a tiny number of possible player actions.
This is objectively true, however I don't mind it at all and I'll explain why. There are different enemy encounters in the game, human and infected, and then there are 4 kinds of infected. All of the infected have a stronger sense of hearing than humans. And then 2 of the infected can see and 2 cannot.

You learn the patterns of the different types of enemies and then strategize and act accordingly. Humans are more dangerous in some ways and infected are more dangerous in others. If humans could hear like infected and all of the infected could see, the game wouldn't function as well, it would be exceedingly difficult. You have to suspend disbelief to some extent and accept that if ducking down behind something left you as visible in game as it does in real life, the stealth mechanics would cease to function.

I thoroughly enjoyed the original TLOU, it was a pack in woth my 2nd PS3 after the first went balls up on me, as much as I loved that game (played it at least 4 times thru) I’m kind of meh about 2, it’s just been so long that I’m not that interested.

Should’ve released another mini campaign or something to keep interest piqued.
Did you play Left Behind? I was hoping for more single-player content myself, maybe something like a David DLC or whatever. But I'm still hyped AF for the sequel, and it looks like David will be back anyway.

Did you play Left Behind? I was hoping for more single-player content myself, maybe something like a David DLC or whatever. But I'm still hyped AF for the sequel, and it looks like David will be back anyway.
Yeah, but still that was just a good couple hour time waste at best; not a bad mini arc, but not something to hold over (and retain) a fan base for 5+ years, the original was getting its accolades in 2013 for crying out loud. And I do not count the PS4 remaster as additional content.

Edit; I found some additional zombie blasting action with RE6, which I had for 4 years before I even noticed it, as much flak as that game gets, it really wasn’t bad, just not survivor horror at all

Yeah, but still that was just a good couple hour time waste at best; not a bad mini arc, but not something to hold over (and retain) a fan base for 5+ years, the original was getting its accolades in 2013 for crying out loud. And I do not count the PS4 remaster as additional content.
I hear you. Would you say you'll probably pick the game up eventually, especially if the feedback is good, but it's not a day one purchase for you?

I hear you. Would you say you'll probably pick the game up eventually, especially if the feedback is good, but it's not a day one purchase for you?
I’m somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 games behind in my collection, so most likely I’ll buy it eventually, but it will be a while.

Editors note; I have not bought games for full price, I get people’s lots when they sell off, keep unique titles for myself and make a couple bucks here and there.

People keep complaining about the AI, dont realise this is a game.

Regular physics and logic would completely destroy the flow of the game, and what its trying to achieve. Every stealth game ever made has dumb AI, no matter which game.

Might aswell complain about crafting a bomb from bandages, nails and tape or how enemies can take 1 bullet and die but you can tank 100 bullets.

People love to think their opinion is special. I even had one dude who loved a game when it first came out, do a complete 180 because it was getting popular.
PUBG hipster?

How amazing would it be if one of the MP modes was like supply drop or interogattion but every so often they rlease a pack of AI infected. So now you have to either be cautious, kill the enemy silently, use the infected to kill your enemies or work together to kill the AI, would add a different dynamic to the game and each time the difficulty of the AI increases etc They already have missions where AI controlled human and infected are on the same level and you use them against each other

It's looking pretty sweet, but where the fuck is Joel?

I mostly want it for the MP.

SJW the game

I'll pass
Anther ignorant comment, these comments will just keep coming.

TLOU may have been the best game last gen and one of the GOAT games ever made and like another poster said, there was hyper violence in the trailer like a dude getting gutted, but that kiss is what got everyone riled up. These comments are exposing everyone that didnt play the first game and its DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back