The Last of Us: Part II (Release: 29.05.2020) - No spoilers

Are you excited for The Last of Us Part II?

• Yes, I'm excited.

• No, I'm not.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The stealth and AI in TLOU is a fucking joke. Any "stealth game" without sight & sound meters (except Thief: The Dark Project) is a fucking joke and an offense to the genre. It's also entirely self-serious and overly grimdark. But that's more preference. Mechanically, it's a giant piece of casualized shit.

I completely agree. It’s too bad the new Thief was so bad.

Tomb Raider looks like shit in comparison

and Uncharted 4 was far superior than its previous games

You are the only person to ever say UC4 is better than its predecessors. UC2 is the best in the series and 3 is awesome as well. Uncharted 4 was a step down but it was still a good game.

Tomb Raider looks fucking awesome. You are crazy. Gears 5 looks awesome as well even though Xbox sucks.

I played TLOU 1.75 times. I had to delete my save file at the part where they ride horses to the college. The floor of the world fell off and it glitched each time I progressed past a part.

It was meh. Spec Ops was a lot better and so was TR

Ahh yes, ofcourse you did.

Any "stealth game" without sight & sound meters is a fucking joke and an offense to the genre.

What we have here is some dude arguing for the simplification of mechanics because he's utter garbage. Lol its one of the downfalls of the genre, looking at a miniscreen in the corner instead of immersing yourself in the game and its world.

Lol the best stealth games in then genre dont have that bullshit and so they must be a disgrace to their own subgenre amirite?

Guess games like Thief etc are a disgrace to their own subgenre instead of being the best of their kind?

TLOU also has that sound mechnanic thing to make it easier for players like you similar to batman games.

You are the only person to ever say UC4 is better than its predecessors. UC2 is the best in the series and 3 is awesome as well. Uncharted 4 was a step down but it was still a good game.

Tomb Raider looks fucking awesome. You are crazy. Gears 5 looks awesome as well even though Xbox sucks.
Im not the only one that says that, its better in every way. offers more freedom, is even more cinematic and fast paced. The story is interesting and the locations are awesome.

but as Ive already stated, your opinion on games(or media of any kind) is meaningless to me. Tomb Raider looks good, Gears looks good...... but TLOU2 was by far the most impressive game shown at E3 this year. Ffs Spiderman was more impressive than Tomb Raider

What we have here is some dude arguing for the simplification of mechanics because he's utter garbage. Lol its one of the downfalls of the genre, looking at a miniscreen in the corner instead of immersing yourself in the game and its world.

Lol the best stealth games in then genre dont have that bullshit and so they must be a disgrace to their own subgenre amirite?

Guess games like Thief etc are a disgrace to their own subgenre instead of being the best of their kind?

TLOU also has that sound mechnanic thing to make it easier for players like you similar to batman games.
dont be mad at them..... lots of gamers need their hands held during games

Uncharted 4 was far superior than its previous games
Ehh, its bigger, better graphics etc but I dont think it comes close to UC2 in terms of impact at the time, the characters and pacing of UC2 is still unmatched imo. The MP was also the best its ever been in UC2. They always nail it when they focus on making everything tighter and not bloated like they did with UC2 and TLOU's MPs.

Its still probably the second best though.

Dont act like Thief isnt the best stealth game.

Uncharted is one of my favorite series. I’ll play anything ND makes. I didn’t play the DLC for TLOU but I finished the game. I think it came out the same year as one of the Bioshocks, Metro, and TR which all made it feel even more underwhelming to me as those games were phenomenal.

Zombies were already played out by the time the game came out. I know it’s supposed to be “story driven” but the story seemed generic and the ending was predictable.

Ehh, its bigger, better graphics etc but I dont think it comes close to UC2 in terms of impact at the time, the characters and pacing of UC2 is still unmatched imo. The MP was also the best its ever been in UC2. They always nail it when they focus on making everything tighter and not bloated like they did with UC2 and TLOU's MPs.
ah.... I wouldnt know of impact at the time as Im just a recent convert to playstation(was team Xbox until I got my PS4 last year)

played them all, 4 is far superior.

Zombies were already played out by the time the game came out. I know it’s supposed to be “story driven” but the story seemed generic and the ending was predictable.
I agree that zombies were already played out, and TLOUs story was already similar to the Road, but no way was the ending predictable.

TLOU was by far the standout in a stacked year of gaming, that says something.

Im not the only one that says that, its better in every way. offers more freedom, is even more cinematic and fast paced. The story is interesting and the locations are awesome.

but as Ive already stated, your opinion on games(or media of any kind) is meaningless to me. Tomb Raider looks good, Gears looks good...... but TLOU2 was by far the most impressive game shown at E3 this year. Ffs Spiderman was more impressive than Tomb Raider

Nobody says UC4 is the best. UC2 is phenomenal and the plane/desert sequence of UC3 is better than any part of UC4. Don’t get me wrong UC4 is still amazing but it’s uc2 > 3 > 4 > 1

Spider-Man looks good? Lollllll. There was nothing impressive about the trailer for TLOU2. Please tell me why it was so impressive?

I agree that zombies were already played out, and TLOUs story was already similar to the Road, but no way was the ending predictable.

TLOU was by far the standout in a stacked year of gaming, that says something.

Come on now. The ending was clear the moment Joel met Ellie.

Nobody says UC4 is the best. UC2 is phenomenal and the plane/desert sequence of UC3 is better than any part of UC4. Don’t get me wrong UC4 is still amazing but it’s uc2 > 3 > 4 > 1

Spider-Man looks good? Lollllll. There was nothing impressive about the trailer for TLOU2. Please tell me why it was so impressive?
look at it..... what was impressive about the Tomb Raider trailer? what was impressive about the Gears trailer? obviously the content they showed looked impressive or all the actual fans of the series wouldnt be as hyped to play it as we are

of course the twat'ish haters(thats you) are going to shit on it, thats what you do

ah.... I wouldnt know of impact at the time as Im just a recent convert to playstation(was team Xbox until I got my PS4 last year)

played them all, 4 is far superior.

I guess thats why, the jump from UC1 to UC2 was so damn ridiculous and UC1 was a great game with some issues.
It was by far the best looking game on consoles at the time, with a great MP and fun romp with personal character moments. We also noticed the drastic improvement in the way the characters were written and how their relationships expanded etc so at the time it was great.

However if you played UC4 first, then youve oviously played the most polished, modernised version of Uncharted.

look at it..... what was impressive about the Tomb Raider trailer? what was impressive about the Gears trailer? obviously the content they showed looked impressive or all the actual fans of the series wouldnt be as hyped to play it as we are

of course the twat'ish haters(thats you) are going to shit on it, thats what you do

The action sequences in TR are going to be amazing. Gears looks like a return to form and going in a much darker tone to 4. Gears is the best TPS in history

I guess thats why, the jump from UC1 to UC2 was so damn ridiculous and UC1 was a great game with some issues.
It was by far the best looking game on consoles at the time, with a great MP and fun romp with personal character moments. We also noticed the drastic improvement in the way the characters were written and how their relationships expanded etc so at the time it was great.

However if you played UC4 first, then youve oviously played the most polished, modernised version of Uncharted.
na I played them in order so I would connect with the characters and know about them. I enjoyed the 2nd one, dont get me wrong. But I still view them as inferior to 4. It achieved everything those other games wanted to imo

that series and TLOU really show how well ND can create characters that people care about

The action sequences in TR are going to be amazing. Gears looks like a return to form and going in a much darker tone to 4. Gears is the best TPS in history

Its funny how TR influenced Uncharted which then influenced TR. Its clear this dude is more into action packed titles where more focus is on set pieces and action.

Probably why UC is one of his favourites series, nothing wrong with that, its mine too and why he doesnt fuck with the more grounded stories of UC4 and TLOU.

Gears isnt the best anything in history..... dont get me wrong I enjoy the gears franchise and have played them all, and will probably get this one when its out. But its the same old set up..... walk to an area, take cover, kill bad guys, hear the signal that this area is finished, repeat until end.

what will be so amazing about the action sequences? it didnt look that impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back