The Kim Dotcom thread * Update 2 Oct 2017 - SCOTUS ruling

• Thread starter Deleted member 457759
  • Start date
That's not the same as a Saudi prosector charging random people in the US with driving while female. The activity did not occur in Saudi Arabia or have a direct effect there, and there isn't an applicable extradition treaty. Hush your fear mongering.

Its the internet, if americans are using illegal stuff from a NZ server its not easy to simply state the crimes happened in the US. It would be like a Youtuber supporting woman to drive in Saudi, Saudi woman watching the video and then the Saudi prosecuting a foreigner youtuber.

Its the internet, if americans are using illegal stuff from a NZ server its not easy to simply state the crimes happened in the US. It would be like a Youtuber supporting woman to drive in Saudi, Saudi woman watching the video and then the Saudi prosecuting a foreigner youtuber.

I may be wrong but I believe his servers were in Hong Kong, he was just living in NZ

His assets were held in banks operating in the U.S., correct? He made his money ripping off the work of people primarily from the U.S., correct?

If someone comes to my country and commits murder, should he not face U.S. law?

Damn you son of a B#%*{^!!

Sadly I gotta agree with you on this one. Doesn't mean I can't be angry about it though.

Looks like Kim Dotcom is trying to score some points while settling a long standing vendetta with hollywood.

"Looking for a Los Angeles law firm willing to represent hundreds of sexual abuse victims of Hollywood elites, pro-bono. I'll find funding," he wrote on Sunday.

"Someone please create a site where sexual abuse victims of Hollywood can share their stories anonymously and find representation. I'll promote it."

http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world...ake-down-of-hollywood-s-sexual-predators.html

His assets were held in banks operating in the U.S., correct? He made his money ripping off the work of people primarily from the U.S., correct?

If someone comes to my country and commits murder, should he not face U.S. law?

I think the theft of intellectual property, is a far cry from murder. I don't think this is as simple as you make it sound.

Are intellectual property rights recognized in Hong Kong where his servers were located?

What right does the US have to enforce its laws on another sovierghn nation?

The laws need to adapt to the changing world. There is no capacity to enforce intellectual property rights in a globalised world. We are trying to cram a square peg, into a circle hole.

I think the theft of intellectual property, is a far cry from murder. I don't think this is as simple as you make it sound.

Are intellectual property rights recognized in Hong Kong where his servers were located?

What right does the US have to enforce its laws on another sovierghn nation?

The laws need to adapt to the changing world. There is no capacity to enforce intellectual property rights in a globalised world. We are trying to cram a square peg, into a circle hole.
I disagree completely. Also, it's up to the countries to cooperate with each other. I'm not in favor of starting a war, but theft is theft. Just because the process of the theft is different, that doesn't make it ok. That's absurd.

I disagree completely. Also, it's up to the countries to cooperate with each other. I'm not in favor of starting a war, but theft is theft. Just because the process of the theft is different, that doesn't make it ok. That's absurd.

It's the theft of a legal construct that isn't enforceable in a globalised world.

Can you dispute that their is no frame work for enforcement?

I mean we can't enforce banking laws on the Cayman islands, or any of the other banking havens, so what would make you think we could ever enforce IP laws on the world?

Wouldn't the better path be to do away with this artificial construct, that was never designed to exist in a global economy?

It's the theft of a legal construct that isn't enforceable in a globalised world.

Can you dispute that their is no frame work for enforcement?

I mean we can't enforce banking laws on the Cayman islands, or any of the other banking havens, so what would make you think we could ever enforce IP laws on the world?

Wouldn't the better path be to do away with this artificial construct, that was never designed to exist in a global economy?
I don't like that we don't enforce banking laws on the Cayman Islands, but we could. Not directly, but in other ways.

Again, I completely disagree. Do away with the artificial construct of intellectual property? You do know that it costs real money to make movies, right? One big production employs 1,000s of people. You think everyone should, for free, have the rights to that creation?

I don't like that we don't enforce banking laws on the Cayman Islands, but we could. Not directly, but in other ways.

Again, I completely disagree. Do away with the artificial construct of intellectual property? You do know that it costs real money to make movies, right? One big production employs 1,000s of people. You think everyone should, for free, have the rights to that creation?

I think that it is the producers job, to create value that can't be found elsewhere, and that IP law leads to a lack of competition, and increases the likelihood of monopoly.

I don't dispute that their are benefits to IP law. I would dispute whether their is a net gain.

Back