The Jazz Thread

This was beautiful, Sham, wow. Thank you. Reminded me a bit of Sergio Altamura in style.

In case Jack, Rim, Felonious and dawgs haven't heard Sergio's track Luna before, I recommend it while also giving your eyes a rest for a minute or two in doing so:

(He looks a young Lorenzo Fertitta to me here, oddly enough)

No worries glad you enjoyed it.And im embarrassed to say i know so little about the Lorenzo look alike!This song is incredible and certainly has got me intrigued enough to search further for more.I heard a song years ago from Sergio from an album "Blue" i believe?I cant remember the song but i will search none the less.Cheers pal.

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

I call this not music at all, but a journey.

Try this -

Try this -

Amazing, Rim. Cheers. Feels like I'm a cat who doesn't remember my way home but keeps on walking an endless, winding alley full of characters and questions...

Amazing, Rim. Cheers. Feels like I'm a cat who doesn't remember my way home but keeps on walking an endless, winding alley full of characters and questions...

My man...excellent descriptions.

More?

My man...excellent descriptions.

More?

I hear stretches throughout these tracks (a lot in VooDoo Down) that remind me of The Doors. Do you know what I mean? Can't put my finger on how or why though - perhaps something of the way Ray Manzarek wrote and played?

Step forward any and all Doors enthusiasts... ?1? ...not you, Gene; sit down.

I hear stretches throughout these tracks (a lot in VooDoo Down) that remind me of The Doors. Do you know what I mean? Can't put my finger on how or why though - perhaps something of the way Ray Manzarek wrote and played?

Step forward any and all Doors enthusiasts... ?1? ...not you, Gene; sit down.

Can't say I have ever noticed it before, but Manzarek did have a jazz background as far as I know so that could explain it.

Not sure if this is strictly Jazz. Its pretty goddamn sick anyway

May seem like a stretch at first but you have to understand Jerry Garcia was more than just a noodley hippy guitar player. His own personal style was influenced by Django Reinhardt. He did session work with Ornette Colman. Invited Branford Marsalis to play with the Grateful Dead. Give it a listen and see what you think.

And a little Django for good measure

Last edited:

Thanks, as this Blues Sonata album was perfect for my downtempo Friday evening at home. (Beror ju på vad för slags jazzlåtar man tycker om men enligt min åsikt kan det här kallas för att ha utsökt smak. ;) )

May seem like a stretch at first but you have to understand Jerry Garcia was more than just a noodley hippy guitar player. His own personal style was influenced by Django Reinhardt. He did session work with Ornette Colman. Invited Branford Marsalis to play with the Grateful Dead. Give it a listen and see what you think.

And a little Django for good measure

That Jerry track...wow, you'd gotten 100 Likes on that from me if I could. The energy and adventure there demands one's surrender. Had it playing and loud while making dinner; was lovely to cut and dice things to, lol. Poor onions. :(

Thanks, as this Blues Sonata album was perfect for my downtempo Friday evening at home. (Beror ju på vad för slags jazzlåtar man tycker om men enligt min åsikt kan det här kallas för att ha utsökt smak. ;) )
You're welcome. Have a nice weekend my friend. ;)
(Visste inte att du talade svenska, så du är finlandssvensk eller?)

Back