You were impressed him?

I was slightly
But 80% of his performance was garbage
Gassing in 4 rounds
The only thing that was a highlight from the fight was his switch

I can see people giving him credit for lasting 10 rounds
But then look at the type of fighter he fought
And the fact that the fight was more of a business/entertainment
his cardio wasn't great, definitely not good enough for even a 10 round boxing fight. Part of that was Floyd gameplanning to snipe the body early and often. He wrecked the body early then turned It up.

Other than conditioning, Conor looked decent.

Floyd was 40 but he's still one of the best boxers of all time and he was still Inspiring to watch even at that age. Gotta take all that Into account, Credit where It's due..Conor performed well for what he had and who he was fighting.

Are we really still doing the Irish Edmund thing? When this is a guy who built a roster of guys who got to the UFC against all odds, some of whom have excelled, from a martial arts no man's land here in Ireland? Is he the world's best coach? Not likely, but he's clearly a very talented one and his results speak for themselves. This is a coach who coached Cathal fucking Pendred to a few wins in the UFC. That takes some coaching nous at the very least

The fight with Korean Super was his last hurrah. Cub is a shadow of himself.

Who cares about the European promotions? Gunni is still unconscious from being ponzi schemes, and Taiwan's striking is awful he wins with his wrestling and grappling
Cub is on a winstreak and probably one win away from a title shot.

Well I think people should care about European promotions when ranked fighters like Makovsky and Brandao leave the UFC then head over to Europe and get their assess kicked.

You mean eye pokes right?

Ortega gets beat up on the feet for like 2 and a half rounds, and secures wins based off his grappling alone, but he's doing pretty well in the same division.

Are we really still doing the Irish Edmund thing? When this is a guy who built a roster of guys who got to the UFC against all odds, some of whom have excelled, from a martial arts no man's land here in Ireland? Is he the world's best coach? Not likely, but he's clearly a very talented one and his results speak for themselves. This is a coach who coached Cathal fucking Pendred to a few wins in the UFC. That takes some coaching nous at the very least
Considering the population of Ireland too, I'd say it's pretty impressive. People don't call Ray Longo the Long Island Edmund or anything, so why is Kavanagh the Irish Edmund?

Better hands after exclusively training in a ring, with 3 minute rounds, with boxing gloves, against a bunch of sub-par boxers. How is that any different to what he was doing before???

One of his sparring partners for FLOYD FUCKING MAYWEATHER! Was Artem "under 500" Lobov.

Don't make me laugh.

Conor has done pretty damn well in the UFC with the "Irish Edmond".

George Foreman and Mike Tyson would disagree with that sentiment hater
Yeah... foreman came out with some stupid shit

Wonder if he is managed by wme

Or just trying to get a grandchild a fight with conor

Better hands after exclusively training in a ring, with 3 minute rounds, with boxing gloves, against a bunch of sub-par boxers. How is that any different to what he was doing before???

One of his sparring partners for FLOYD FUCKING MAYWEATHER! Was Artem "under 500" Lobov.

Don't make me laugh.
QFT

George Foreman and Mike Tyson would disagree with that sentiment hater
most actual boxing guys give him credit. The MMA exclusive fans without much experience or knowledge In boxing don't really know enough to comment on anything

Yeah... foreman came out with some stupid shit

Wonder if he is managed by wme

Or just trying to get a grandchild a fight with conor

Hes a filthy rich entrepreneur... dude ain't in anybody's pockets and has no jealousy or bias in his heart

he just spoke the unbiased truth

most actual boxing guys give him credit. The MMA exclusive fans without much experience or knowledge In boxing don't really know enough to comment on anything

Especially when we look at atg boxers that were once at that super mega fight level comparable to Floyd like Foreman, Tyson, Sugar Ray, etc. none of then had a mean thing to say about Conor

Especially when we look at atg boxers that were once at that super mega fight level comparable to Floyd like Foreman, Tyson, Sugar Ray, etc. none of then had a mean thing to say about Conor
Respect the grind *

Now i would agree normally

But with conor not even having a legit boxing trainer and still carrying on with the Irish Edmund as his coach

Does this deluded coach really think his hands will be better because he didn't train anything else?

Another "yes-men" scenario

Now I'm not bashing conor

But someone that trained in a legit boxing gym with a legit coach and had more amateur fights than conor has ever had

Conor didn't show much that shows he could be boxing full time and if he comes back to mma and just uses his boxing i see him being way too overconfident and get caught due to the fact he lost the massive size advantage that he had at 145

Counting massive stacks of money always increases hand speed............Stacks on Stacks

Because they are either dead or have dementia......

Haters: "normally I would agree but since it's Conor I can't ever admit that he does anything good."

Truth hurts, and deny all you want but having himself as headcoach for the Mayweather fight was beyond hubris

What truth? Conor is most likely a better boxer today than he was a year ago.

What truth? Conor is most likely a better boxer today than he was a year ago.
I agree

You learn everyday

But do you really think there will be a significant improvement?

Or would it have been better spending some $ and training with some legit coaches

Now i would agree normally

But with conor not even having a legit boxing trainer and still carrying on with the Irish Edmund as his coach

Does this deluded coach really think his hands will be better because he didn't train anything else?

Another "yes-men" scenario

Now I'm not bashing conor

But someone that trained in a legit boxing gym with a legit coach and had more amateur fights than conor has ever had

Conor didn't show much that shows he could be boxing full time and if he comes back to mma and just uses his boxing i see him being way too overconfident and get caught due to the fact he lost the massive size advantage that he had at 145

Moot point considering that:

a. Conor's hands should not be what he and his team are worried about.

b. Conor may well never fight again.

Back