The infamous Cain kettlebell gif.

Are you referring to the LEG EXTENSIONS he was doing? Which, are not bad for you fundamentally.

And no, the kettlebell form wasn't terrible.

There's alot of new school horseshit training techniques that focus on very little weight being used, but they really don't produce results. The guys who are beasts in the ring move serious poundage.
is that true? why?

No way that can be good for your back long term.

Not only that, but as if doing that idiotic exercise is going to make you perform that much better in the cage. There are some guys like BJ Penn I don’t know if they ever lifted weights a day in their life. But at their peak they sure could kick ass in the cage.

Never seen the video before just the gif. Tell me this “strength” coach new job is doing oil changes somewhere.

Joe Grasso is world class. Just read his bio to know his genius.

At the tender age of 8, Joe Grasso began his influential immersion into the world of fitness. Lifting up to 10 hours a day, it became apparent that Joe would excel physically in many aspects of life, not to mention positively impact the lives of others.

How so? I always love the 'bros' who have training tips, but don't really know what they're talking about.

A lot of it I’m sure it comes down to the preference of the fighter. I guarantee you there are tons of fighters that would look at an exercise like that and immediately tell their coach no way I am doing it. Plenty of guys that are elite don’t even lift weights. Or very little weights. Years ago I recall Jones saying how he never lifts. At all. He only got into that power lifting shit much later.

Cain should just disappear. Completely irrelevant.
If your gonna do stupid work outs like that, don't bitch when you're hurt.

Honestly the fact that people actually pay money to pick up heavy shit blows my mind.
I'll put you to work on my farm and they will be spent probably by noon.

Are you referring to the LEG EXTENSIONS he was doing? Which, are not bad for you fundamentally.

There's alot of new school horseshit training techniques that focus on very little weight being used, but they really don't produce results. The guys who are beasts in the ring move serious poundage.
Sorry, extensions. My understanding is that your ligaments are prone to injury and this is especially true if you're doing it with heavy weights.

2 pages and no Rogan gif?

tenor.gif

To be fair, Cain is maybe the most well conditioned HW we've ever seen compete in MMA. So he's obviously doing something right with his strength and conditioning training. Even if it has potentially hurt his longevity.

Too much weight . Very hard on the spine

i think theres a lot of Bs in Mma in regards to S&C . Crackpot coaches who dont know what to do with their clients so its hey man lets lift something too heavy for you as fast as you can and uh.. uh lets do it while standing on a ball!!<20>

If he was doing a more natural kettlebell swing (which as great assistance exercise to you non-lifters) a lot of benefits would carry over. But it looks like he's shrugging/upright rowing, which I wouldn't recommend. Immediately it looks like he needs to lower the weight.

No reason for him to be doing explosive work with that much weight, and "gutting out" a few more reps.

There have been great fighters who don't "move serious poundage". Muhammad Ali never "moved serious poundage"

And yes the leg extensions are stupid, there is so much pressure on the knees doing it rapidly, it's just stupid. One mistake and he's hurt. Oh oops look he's hurt again I wonder why?

His results speak for themselves. Yes, super intense training can make you a beast. It can also put you in bedrest for 3 years and counting or whatever he is now.

no wonder this guy gets injured all the time

Never seen the video before just the gif. Tell me this “strength” coach new job is doing oil changes somewhere.

Let me tell you something...... I don't know how recent that is but if that's recent with his disc problems (herniations,bulge ....)- that might just be one of THEE MOST dumbest things I've ever seen.
I always find myself rooting for Cain but this is THE EXACT reason why we haven't seen him fight and will be the reason when he calls it a day ( career wise)

My lower back aches just watching that mess.

I’m not an expert on kettle ball training. But, he isn’t controlling the weight at all. It basically free falls on the way down. He swings it on the way up and it using mostly momentum

Back