The individual mandate is a kind of slavery

Insurance isn't mandatory here. We have medicare, which is tax funded. They have undercut medicare funding though, and introduced a 2-tier system.
So it's increasingly attractive to get private insurance which will cover "the gap" between public health care and your chosen health provider's fee.

Wait, you don't have to have insurance to drive a car?

You most likely pay way more into car insurance than you'll ever have to pay out.
There are some horrible drivers that make up that gap.

It's the same with health insurance.

Smokers pay ridiculous taxes on cigarettes to fund medical aid for lung/heart disease sufferers who aren't all smokers.

This again covers 'the gap'.

LOL

This is the dumbest zhit I have ever heard.

"By making conditions zhitty for most of the populace we are actually giving them freedom because they have the freedom to fail in multiple ways"

No dipzhit, by making healthcare worse and more expensive for EVERYONE including rich people you are infringing upon their freedoms because money they would have the FREEDOM to use elsewhere they are spending on over-priced, under-delivered, zhitty health care.

Not that hard to figure out Einstein.

Why not make the roads super zhitty then say "We are giving them freedoms, they always have the freedom to build a better road"

LOL @ this retard logic.

I hate everything about your post from the misplaced 'z's' to the holier/smarter than thou bullshit.

Insurance=most likely paying in more than you get out or it wouldn't exist.

As long as they don't make health insurance mandatory.

That way it can be refused unless it's immediately life threatening.

Wait, you don't have to have insurance to drive a car?

You most likely pay way more into car insurance than you'll ever have to pay out.
There are some horrible drivers that make up that gap.

It's the same with health insurance.

Smokers pay ridiculous taxes on cigarettes to fund medical aid for lung/heart disease sufferers who aren't all smokers.

This again covers 'the gap'.

Talking about health insurance. Vehicle registration includes compulsory third party injury insurance.
The gap I was talking about is between what public healthcare mandates as a cost for a service, and what private healthcare will charge.
That's what private health insurance covers here.

Talking about health insurance. Car registration includes compulsory third party injury insurance.

So we need human PLPD at a low or free rate.
Anything above and beyond needs an insurance plan (not compulsory).

Only emergency life or limb saving procedures could be covered without insurance.

So we need human PLPD at a low or free rate.
Anything above and beyond needs an insurance plan (not compulsory).

Only emergency life or limb saving procedures could be covered without insurance.

I don't think you followed the conversation. I live in Australia. I was relating how our system works.

I don't think you followed the conversation. I live in Australia. I was relating how our system works.

I did follow it actually. Your system is publicly funded but got split into rich and poor (tiers) like everything else.

Your tax dollars fund both but rich tier still gets better or more care/procedures.

The private sector medical staff have a chart like a mechanic does.

Hours/procedures = dollars and sometimes they lie. Is that about right?

I did follow it actually. Your system is publicly funded but got split into rich and poor (tiers) like everything else.

Your tax dollars fund both but rich tier still gets better or more care/procedures.

The private sector medical staff have a chart like a mechanic does.

Hours/procedures = dollars and sometimes they lie. Is that about right?

That's the system, although I didn't say anything about lieing about billing. If you followed the conversation why did you reply as if I was arguing a point and talk about the GAP as something completely different?

I hate everything about your post from the misplaced 'z's' to the holier/smarter than thou bullshit.

smirking-face_1f60f.png

Insurance=most likely paying in more than you get out or it wouldn't exist.

DUH. Thats the whole point. To protect someone from catastrophic events.

As long as they don't make health insurance mandatory.

That way it can be refused unless it's immediately life threatening.

DERP How the fvk can someone wait until they're on their deathbed then pay health insurance? They would be paying the bill.

Enlighten me professor.

That's the system, although I didn't say anything about lieing about billing. If you followed the conversation why did you reply as if I was arguing a point and talk about the GAP as something completely different?

No idea what you mean about the GAP. They have cool clothes.

You didn't argue the point. It'll get more views with a blue boy.

Doctors can charge for a procedure or examination they never did because nobody will challenge it.

The money mostly comes from the government so who cares because they have so much.

It's a dishonest way to do business.

smirking-face_1f60f.png

DUH. Thats the whole point. To protect someone from catastrophic events.

DERP How the fvk can someone wait until they're on their deathbed then pay health insurance? They would be paying the bill.

Enlighten me professor.

This is gonna be a tough one. How would you pay for something before it happens?

Maybe by having to pay into it your whole working life?

Your reading comprehension is off the charts, just in the wrong way.

They don't pay on their deathbed. Treatment is refused unless it's life saving, you absolute Forrest Gump but dumber human being.

Nice emoji by the way. You find that in computer class at recess?

No idea what you mean about the GAP. They have cool clothes.

You didn't argue the point. It'll get more views with a blue boy.

Doctors can charge for a procedure or examination they never did because nobody will challenge it.

The money mostly comes from the government so who cares because they have so much.

It's a dishonest way to do business.

The gap I was referring to was between the scheduled medicare fee and the private healthcare fee. For some reason you completely misconstrued this as being the gap between premiums and payouts, despite "following the conversation".
Actually medicare fraud is challenged and prosecuted fairly often. Most frequently though it's in the form of fake medicare cards.
Doctors that "bulk bill" (ie don't require at least a partial payment which is then reimbursed) are heavily audited. In fact the auditing and compliance costs more than is recovered (not just from fraud, but including incorrect filings). Last year there were 190 cases of fraud referred to the criminal system (by both healthcare practioners and patients), from 148.8 million medicare transactions.
Mostly the reimbursement system and data analytics covers the problem, although upgrading the cards with chip security is well overdue.
The bigger problem with medicare bulk billing abuse is hypochondriacs.
A small copayment replacing bulk billing was considered as a way of preventing both, but deemed not worth it in the estimated effect on health outcomes (the decline in preventative healthcare).

Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."

— The American Constitution

Since it’s a of that amendment, we’re getting our freedom back. And that’s what America is supposed to be: a nation of free individual people.

Countries like Europe don’t have this concept but this is why we don’t have universal healthcare. To do so is take away the right of me to be an individual. It’s why America has the most rights and the best economy.

Best economy

Maybe you should look up how much in debt you are

I find that people say that until they're faced with the "might makes right" way of things and then they start pushing for social rules to quell that behavior.
I’d actually prefer less rules so that I can push back against that kind of behavior. Not all of us want someone to come running to our rescue and would prefer to do it themselves.

Yeah I guess thats why people are flocking to fvking Mississippi right?
Well, a lot of people, including Europeans themselves, have delusional beliefs about how good things are in Europe. They don't know how poor they are.

When I was a kid, the first time I saw the income, GDP per capita numbers, etc. for European countries, I was shocked. I still remember that. I had always assumed that the big European countries were just as first world as the United States. I didn't realize that they weren't fully developed yet.

I liken it to "Paris Sydrome":

Paris syndrome (French: Syndrome de Paris, Japanese: パリ症候群, Pari shōkōgun) is a transient mental disorder exhibited by some individuals when visiting or going on vacation to Paris, as a result of extreme shock derived from their discovery that Paris is not what they had expected it to be. The syndrome is characterized by a number of psychiatric symptoms such as acute delusional states, hallucinations, feelings of persecution (perceptions of being a victim of prejudice, aggression, or hostility from others), derealization, depersonalization, anxiety, and also psychosomatic manifestations such as dizziness, tachycardia, sweating, and others, such as vomiting.[1] Similar syndromes include Jerusalem syndrome and Stendhal syndrome. The condition is commonly viewed as a severe form of culture shock. It is particularly noted among Japanesetravelers.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_syndrome

I’d actually prefer less rules so that I can push back against that kind of behavior. Not all of us want someone to come running to our rescue and would prefer to do it themselves.

I guess if you prefer a world where you constantly have to fight to keep what you earned so that someone bigger/better armed doesn't take it then more power to you. I like to think I'd do well in such a world but then I remember that eventually I'm going to grow old and less capable of defending myself and my loved ones.

I agree, it would be much muh freedom loving and less costly to just let them die when they need critical care.

I guess if you prefer a world where you constantly have to fight to keep what you earned so that someone bigger/better armed doesn't take it then more power to you. I like to think I'd do well in such a world but then I remember that eventually I'm going to grow old and less capable of defending myself and my loved ones.

Why wouldn't he be able to outsource the fight? Do you also grow and hunt all the food eat?

If you want to live in Fury Road go to Syria where you can make your own rules with guns and bullets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back