The HW division kind of stinks again

stuff jones

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
That was fast. Wlad retired. Fury done. Parker looking like he's nothing special. Ortiz can't stay clean, if he even is good. The only interesting fight now is Joshua vs Wilder. Too bad.

You forgot about Kubrat Pulev. Never forget about Kubrat Pulev.

"There is a new, exciting era in the Heavyweights" lasted even shorter than "The Eastern Europeans are completely dominating the Heavyweights". Hope Joshua and Wilder fight, but something tells me it won't happen soon.

wlad leaving was obvious, as was fury going insane.

but it was still fine, until ortiz single handedly ruined it.

What? Didn't you hear? Andre Ward is moving up to HWT to fight Joshua, the div is STACKED!

Why would they mention it hesitantly in interviews if they weren't 100% absolutely serious about the fight?

The division has been legitimately rubbish since the early part of last decade. Not a single period of rejuvenation since.

The division has been legitimately rubbish since the early part of last decade. Not a single period of rejuvenation since.

There were signs of it like a year or two ago.

I didn't see it personally, which I know at this point, in this place will come off as revisionism. But anyway, I just think the continual stream of Euro's was over played, simply because the American heavies dried up.

I'm not sure if that's changing again any time soon, either. The ship has sailed.

I didn't see it personally, which I know at this point, in this place will come off as revisionism. But anyway, I just think the continual stream of Euro's was over played, simply because the American heavies dried up.

I'm not sure if that's changing again any time soon, either. The ship has sailed.

I think we'll see some decent American hw's in the future, but yeah, all in all we aren't gonna be churning out champs at a high rate anytime soon. Most would be hw's are playing football or basketball and that's taking all the best athletes away from boxing in the States. Easier work than fist fighting and the best are getting way too much money to transition to boxing. As a boxing fan, and an American, it's kind of disappointing but can't knock the decisions, I guess.

Imagine a guy like Lebron getting into boxing as a kid instead of basketball. Guy would be hell to deal with if he had a chin and heart to fight through adversity (which is obv a big if).

That Polish guy who. looks like a giant baby is coming along, maybe the other Fury gets a fire under his ass and doesn't stink up the place along with Parker. 50% of you think Wilder is garbage so any fight against even B level talent should be enticing to anti-Wilder guys and Joshua has his flaws.

Also if Joshua and Wilder fight and one of them becomes dominant, that isn't necessarily a bad thing...look how well Tyson did when he was crushing guys. Its not the greatest era but it's far from the worst right now because a lot of stuff is still up in air.

What? Didn't you hear? Andre Ward is moving up to HWT to fight Joshua, the div is STACKED!

Why would they mention it hesitantly in interviews if they weren't 100% absolutely serious about the fight?

Man I just gotta compliment you on that Dissection avatar. Never thought I'd see that on here lol. Badass man \m/

. . . . .

Anyway, to contribute to the status, how about a 4 way tournament between Lucas Browne, Luis Ortiz, Alexander Povetkin, and Shannon Briggs, with all drugs legal! No testing allowed! Maybe they can hold it in Japan. Shoot that'd be interesting hahaha!

Man I just gotta compliment you on that Dissection avatar. Never thought I'd see that on here lol. Badass man \m/

. . . . .

Anyway, to contribute to the status, how about a 4 way tournament between Lucas Browne, Luis Ortiz, Alexander Povetkin, and Shannon Briggs, with all drugs legal! No testing allowed! Maybe they can hold it in Japan. Shoot that'd be interesting hahaha!

Thanks, brother. I wear the avatar with pride. I used to cover a lot of their songs on drums, Ole Ohman was a huge influence of mine.

And screw tournament format, if we're doing Japan make it a 4 way boxing roid-all rumble, with a briefcase full of money on the line, and when Shannon Briggs loses they dump water on his head

The last heavyweight bout in which both fighters came in with a ton of momentum was Wlad vs Haye - over 6 years ago.

Whoever wins the cruiserweight WBSS needs to move up and liven things up a bit.

Last edited:
Its a shame. If we'd have had stuff like AJ/Fury, AJ/Wilder, Wilder/Fury etc with Ortiz, Parker and retirement run Wlad in the mix over the next 2 years or so it would have been the most interesting period in HW boxing for ages.

We need Trey Lippe more than ever now!

The eyes of a killer! The facial expression of Courtland Mead

200px-Trey_Lippe_Morrison.jpg

The last heavyweight bout in which both fighters came in with a ton of momentum was Wlad vs Haye - over 6 years ago.

Whoever wins the cruiserweight WBSS needs to move up and liven things up a bit.

Haye wasn’t big enough and neither would the current CW champs based on how big Wilder and Joshua are

Haye wasn’t big enough and neither would the current CW champs based on how big Wilder and Joshua are

Wilder came in at 207 ¼ lbs at age 23. He isn't a particularly big heavyweight, just tall. But Joshua is massive for sure.

Back