The Hitman's Bodyguard (2017)

G

Guestx

I watched this one last night and thought it was actually pretty entertaining.

Ryan Reynolds seems to have finally hit his stride, first with Deadpool and now with this film. He's pretty good in it and it's doing well at the box office. Sam Jackson is also pretty fucking funny. Salma Hayek is hot as hell. She's 51 and the girl's still got it.

The action is fun and pretty solid, but don't expect realism. This is basically a live-action cartoon.

Despite all the over-the-top shenanigans and jokey tone though, there's a surprisingly strong emotional core to the film. Reynold's and Jackson's relationship to each other, as well as each character's relationship to their love interests, is more touching than I expected it to be.

All in all, an enjoyable action-comedy.

7.5/10

Any seen it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Never even heard of it, mothafucka

Yes, saw it a few weeks ago and it was very entertaining.

Good chemistry between RR and SLJ.

Honestly we went to see it because not much else out that we hadn't seen, went in with a "meh" attitude and was pleasantly surprised.

And that girl from Daredevil is awesome, love her. Salma is awesome, as is Gary Oldman. Love the scene where Sam's character meets Salma's character

giphy.gif

Yes, saw it a few weeks ago and it was very entertaining.

Good chemistry between RR and SLJ.

Honestly we went to see it because not much else out that we hadn't seen, went in with a "meh" attitude and was pleasantly surprised.

And that girl from Daredevil is awesome, love her. Salma is awesome, as is Gary Oldman. Love the scene where Sam's character meets Salma's character

Yeah, pleasantly surprised, that's about how I felt as well. I thought it had the potential to be good, but I just didn't have a lot of faith that it actually would be.

And yes, Salma Hayek. That's who I meant. I said Penelope Cruz in the OP. She was great. Can you believe she's 51?

Also, can you believe this movie has a 38% on RT? Maybe Hollywood really is right and Rotten Tomatoes is a scourge upon the industry.

No thank you!

Looks like a bomb

I watched this one last night and thought it was actually pretty entertaining.

Ryan Reynolds seems to have finally hit his stride, first with Deadpool and now with this film. He's pretty good in it and it's doing well at the box office. Sam Jackson is also pretty fucking funny. Salma Hayek is hot as hell. She's 51 and the girl's still got it.

The action is fun and pretty solid, but don't expect realism. This is basically a live-action cartoon.

Despite all the over-the-top shenanigans and jokey tone though, there's a surprisingly strong emotional core to the film. Reynold's and Jackson's relationship to each other, as well as each character's relationship to their love interests, is more touching than I expected it to be.

All in all, an enjoyable action-comedy.

7.5/10

Any seen it?

It looks pretty worthless. No interested.

I was pretty bored while watching it. The intro was pretty good but it lost my interest about half way through.

Shit!! This movie was great.

Went to see it with the whole family and my brother in law's family as well. Good times.

Slap the Deadpool costume on Reynolds and you easily could have thought it was the DP sequel.

Back