The Highwaymen

Krallang

Pleb
Banned
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks this is one of the greatest ensemble acts of all time. I take it my Johnny cash avatar is a little bias but

Johnny Cash
Willie Nelson
Kris Kristofferson
Waylon Jennings

Yeah, each of these guys individually made some great music. I'll admit, I haven't heard a lot of The Highwaymen's stuff though. I used to listen to Art Bell and he would use the song Highwaymen for bumper music so listening to that now brings back some memories.

Another great ensemble band along these lines is the Traveling Wilburys

Bob Dylan
George Harrison
Jeff Lynne
Roy Orbison
Tom Petty

They are a constant car companion, "Born and Raised in Black and White" is one of my favorite country songs, and "The Highwayman" is one of my favorite to sing along to, trying to switch from Willie to Kris to Waylon to Cash and failing spectacularly at all of them. The drop into the chorus of Desperados Waiting for a Train does something special to my heart too. I'll be honest, Cash is the only one of the four I listen to religiously, but I love their combined effort.

The Highwayman is one of my favorite songs of all time. It's a camping staple, and a constant drinking companion. That's coming from a guy who's more into thrash and odd punk shit more than anything else. For a mellow song it's got balls for days.

Back