The Heavies Awards 2016 - Thread of the Year: Shoop Dat wilKO

2016 Thread of the Year

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Drake

Thread of the Year 2016!

Hello, everyone I am your new host for the final award, Teh HI!

342805.jpg

Sorry about @BC eve Harvey...that fruitcake had to bail on us for some sort of..."adult male film" audition...

steve-harvey-face-down.jpg

I hope he got the part...? <6>

Anyways let's get to what matters! The thread of 2016! There were PLENTY of great threads this year...& some may have been forgotten but these were the true standouts. I personally think that my Cloudia Goodayleha thread should have made the nominee cut but the other parties involved didn't agree with me... :mad: :p
But that's okay. & congrats to @KONE who just won Poster of the Year! What a race it was! Now let's get to it!

Your nominees!

478185.jpg

"And with that...I'm gone" by JagWar
- Ohhhhhhhh Jag.... The #1 P4P biggest welcher of all time. Funniest thing about it all really is that it was a self welch! As the title suggests, Jag was ready to go & never come back to the 'dog...right after his precious Conor got submitted by some tubby cholo from Stockton who happens to make gang signs with one hand & balloon animals with the other... Jag was gone for a couple days or so & ended up coming back & was viiiiiiillified for it. After taking boatloads of heat while he was temporarily gone, it only continued beyond what he could have ever expected once he was back. The thread traveled far & wide through out the heavies, wasteland & now resides in it's rightful home of the Archives... Jag was so bothered at times that he changed the OP, asked for the thread to be deleted, asked for a name change...anything he could think of to escape the shadows of his lies... In the end he embraced it & started to make numerous troll threads about it inevitably resulting in his demise. You're welcome for being set free, Jag... bork1}

eric-spicely.jpg

Eric Spicely's Sherdog Q&A
- Eric "Zebrinha" Spicely visited with us basement dwellers for a Q&A this year! He was a contestant on season 23 of The Ultimate Fighter & was fresh off possibly the upset of 2016 with his RD1 Submission victory over Thiago Santos. Eric gave everyone very interesting insight on MMA, wrestling & several other things. All along with that, he fit right in with all of us which made it that much more fun. @Tules even challenged him to a fight & he accepted... Eric Spicely...no fucks given.

WimaK1m.png

Shoop Dat Sherdogger . . . Belfast Q&A Edition by @EOW

- Ahhh...here we are... Let's just get right to it, Poster of the Year nominee @wilKO proved his greatness & display of true bravery days before UFC Fight Night in Belfast this year at the Q&A session where he revealed all. Once he approached the mic he stated he was wilKO from Sherdog & the rest was history.

o7kitg.jpg

Ultimate Sherdog Classics, Memes & Legends by @Grijswaarde

- Virtually the glossary of all past great threads from the previous years. From "I met BJ Penn at the airport" to "my friends say I look like Anthony Pettis"...it's all here for you to relive it's greatness. It's almost not fair that this thread is a nominee due to how much of a super thread it is.

mma_renanbarao_bjpenn_popo_josealdo_anahissa.jpg

Rip Jackson/Winkeljohn Gym (Graphic Findings) by @TUF1

- TUF1 discovered the un-discoverable...THE one & only BJ Penn curse. Everyone's mind's were blown by his research & accuracy. Every single one of BJ Penn's training partners EVER lost simultaneously after training with him...just incredible. You think it would have been easier to notice? But know...BJ was like a ninja here...sucking the wins away from all he knew. The OP of this thread most definitely has the record for single most likes on a post with 300+. A truly phenomenal thread.

For me one that you didn't include, I was so cat-fished by one heck of a Master Troll.. probably best one in sherdog history he freaking got media (online articles / speculation / shows) and podcasts (the fighter and the kid) people talking about him and the Brock situation.

Hell I think Brock put him on pay roll with the amount of talk and press and fake info and miss direction, I remember interviews asking this question and speculating and MMA shows it was the best troll to come out of sherdog he went main stream not just contain in our forum.

@D2allamerican58 with the topic:

"Brock popped positive for RAD med!"

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/b...ad-med-mod-edit-this-guy-is-trolling.3293585/

Last edited by a moderator:
JagWar and it's not even close.

@wilKO is an absolute fucking madman and legend though

I missed... all of these except the Wilko one
so I went with the only one I saw

who da fook are dose gise? (never seen or heard of those threads)

Imo... JagWar takes this easily.

Mercilessly hammered on by Sherdog. It was funny as fuck.

I think I gave JagWar shit every time he posted in any thread after his hilarious breakdown.

As for my vote & as a mod, Jag's thread annoyed the shit out of me, lol. So I couldn't pick it.

The BJ Curse is fucking gold. One of the best ever.

The funniest thing about the Jagoff thread. Was the fact he couldn't post in any fucking thread, without at least 20 people giving him shit.

It was the gift that kept on giving.

Here's why I have to go with the Jagwar thread: Not only was that a funny epic fail on his part, but I remember one of the mods kept bringing it back out of the Wasteland way after the fact, and it was going back and forth at least a couple times.

I found that really funny, wish I could give the mod credit who was doing that haha

Homeless,you forget the guy who trolled not just the forum,he got mentions and references outside as well.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/b...ad-med-mod-edit-this-guy-is-trolling.3293585/

Have to include this one.
Also Petey's thread on Sage/Gall.
From those I think BJ Penn/Jackson should take it.
Lol, I remember that thread but never read through it. That was fairly epic considering how it spread throughout the internet.

But like I said, many great threads this year! Was hard to narrow it down.

For me one that you didn't include, I was so cat-fished by one heck of a Master Troll.. probably best one in sherdog history he freaking got media (online articles / speculation / shows) and podcasts (the fighter and the kid) people talking about him and the Brock situation.

Hell I think Brock put him on pay roll with the amount of talk and press and fake info and miss direction, I remember interviews asking this question and speculating and MMA shows it was the best troll to come out of sherdog he went main stream not just contain in our forum.

@D2allamerican58 with the topic:

"Brock popped positive for RAD med!"

Here's why I have to go with the Jagwar thread: Not only was that a funny epic fail on his part, but I remember one of the mods kept bringing it back out of the Wasteland after the fact, and it was going back and forth for at least a couple times.

I found that really funny, wish I could give the mod credit who was doing that haha
I kept wastelanding it, haha.

Back