The hardest day of my life

I don't really know how to say this, but my dad passed away suddenly last night. I talked to him on the phone yesterday evening, and he mentioned that his stomach was hurting him - he assured me he was fine and not to worry. I woke up this morning to my brother at my front door with the news he had passed.

In the span of 7 days, my mom had major surgery, my dog and my dad died. I am breaking, and don't know what to do. This is just too much to handle at once, and I fear I am going to go insane.

Always tell the people that you love how you feel while you still have the chance. I would give anything and everything for one more chance to tell my dad I love him.
Sorry to hear that. Condolences to you and your family.

The best way to assess this TS, is everything has a purpose and everything has a destiny. I have a couple of losses in my family and those were also tough to deal with. Think of tomorrow and not of today.

This too shall pass.....keep strong, Death is inevitable for us all. My Dad is approaching that age where I know it’s gonna happen. Sucks like hell.

sorry to hear this. life is giving you no break right now. i hope you can be strong for yourself and those around you.

Sorry for your loss RIP,

Death leaves a heart ache no-one can heal,
Love leaves a memory no-one can steal

I don't really know how to say this, but my dad passed away suddenly last night. I talked to him on the phone yesterday evening, and he mentioned that his stomach was hurting him - he assured me he was fine and not to worry. I woke up this morning to my brother at my front door with the news he had passed.

In the span of 7 days, my mom had major surgery, my dog and my dad died. I am breaking, and don't know what to do. This is just too much to handle at once, and I fear I am going to go insane.

Always tell the people that you love how you feel while you still have the chance. I would give anything and everything for one more chance to tell my dad I love him.
I'm so sorry! Just reading that made me teary eyed and I can't even imagine what you are going through!

Praying for you!

@Brampton_Boy
Really sorry for your loss and all that you and your family are going through right now. Take some time to be with them and to be there for them. Take care of yourself and let yourself be taken care of. Thats all l have for you right now besides thoughts, prayers, and good vibes from a stranger far away.

So sorry bro. Don't expect too much of yourself for the next little bit. Try to celebrate the life.

Death is nothing at all.
It does not count.
I have only slipped away into the next room.
Nothing has happened.

Everything remains exactly as it was.
I am I, and you are you,
and the old life that we lived so fondly together is untouched, unchanged.
Whatever we were to each other, that we are still.

Call me by the old familiar name.
Speak of me in the easy way which you always used.
Put no difference into your tone.
Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow.

Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes that we enjoyed together.
Play, smile, think of me, pray for me.
Let my name be ever the household word that it always was.
Let it be spoken without an effort, without the ghost of a shadow upon it.

Life means all that it ever meant.
It is the same as it ever was.
There is absolute and unbroken continuity.
What is this death but a negligible accident?

Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight?
I am but waiting for you, for an interval,
somewhere very near,
just round the corner.

All is well.
Nothing is hurt; nothing is lost.
One brief moment and all will be as it was before.
How we shall laugh at the trouble of parting when we meet again!

Source: https://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/death-is-nothing-at-all-by-henry-scott-holland

Holy fuck...

I can't give any decent advice on this. But @NoGoodNamesLeft may have some polite words. He went through a recent trauma involving his GF in April.
well, i read this thread at work and thought about posting, but got shouted out so i guess ill put my 2 cents in.
annnnddd, i got nothing bro, just let people help if they offer it you will appreciate it later even if right now all u can do is grieve. born alone, die alone fam, sorry that you are going through this journey right now, i hope you and your old man were on good terms. the love a parent and a kid have is usually understood, but often not discussed enough. just sorry bro, hope u can get some food and rest. sorry i dont have any sage advice, each time some shit like this happens its always different for everyone, do what u need to do to keep urself sane/healthy. gl BB

He knows man

Back