The hardest day of my life

Brampton_Boy

Douchey Mc Douche
@red
Reaction score
I don't really know how to say this, but my dad passed away suddenly last night. I talked to him on the phone yesterday evening, and he mentioned that his stomach was hurting him - he assured me he was fine and not to worry. I woke up this morning to my brother at my front door with the news he had passed.

In the span of 7 days, my mom had major surgery, my dog and my dad died. I am breaking, and don't know what to do. This is just too much to handle at once, and I fear I am going to go insane.

Always tell the people that you love how you feel while you still have the chance. I would give anything and everything for one more chance to tell my dad I love him.

That's heavy shit, man. Sorry to hear about your pops.

Sorry to hear that.

Maybe be with family and not sherbros. Best of luck at this time.

Stay strong, I lost my dad when I was 25

Random phonecall one night from
His friend who said he wasn't responding to them, turned out he had had a heart attack in his sleep the night prior

All I can say from experience is, it gets easier, and the funeral WILL provide closure
Stay strong, sending some sherdog love

Speak to someone who does grief counseling, then spend a lot of time with your family and loved ones.

Grief counseling saved one of my ex's life after a pretty gruesome family tragedy.

You're one of my favorite posters on here, bro. Take care of yourself.

that's rough man, lost my dog almost 4 years ago and that alone had me in a pretty shitty space for a long time, still don't like to think about it (not a john wick kind of space...more like a 250 pound grown ass man bawling and screaming about it kinda place), can't imagine if that was compounded with losing a parent. LIke the guys said above though, you can do it, it WILL get better, think more about the time you DID have instead of what you don't now and be grateful. You're going to grieve, and it's ok and RIGHT to grieve, but if you feel yourself dwelling after a while, don't be above getting some help, whether that's a trip to the doc or a shrink to talk about it, or just having the right people around you to get you out of the house. no one is so strong they never need a hand.

Life is piling it on you. Might be time for some grief counseling.

Take your time with grieving. Do not rush your feelings.

My deepest condolences , brother.

I'm praying for you Sherbro. I'm so sorry about your dad's passing. Stay strong and let it out.

I don't really know how to say this, but my dad passed away suddenly last night. I talked to him on the phone yesterday evening, and he mentioned that his stomach was hurting him - he assured me he was fine and not to worry. I woke up this morning to my brother at my front door with the news he had passed.

In the span of 7 days, my mom had major surgery, my dog and my dad died. I am breaking, and don't know what to do. This is just too much to handle at once, and I fear I am going to go insane.

Always tell the people that you love how you feel while you still have the chance. I would give anything and everything for one more chance to tell my dad I love him.

Ah, shit. Nothing is worse than losing someone you love. I lost my Mum three years ago this August, and it still hurts. The pain doesn't ever go away, you just get better at handling it(you might find that hard to believe right now).

My deepest sympathies and condolences. I truly am sorry for your loss.

Sorry for your loss, dude.

My condolences, sherbro.

I'm sorry for your loss , brother.

im so sorry BB.

I'm terribly sorry for your loss. I know this will be a difficult time for you, but do your best to keep your sanity. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Stay strong brother, sometimes it seems that the world's crumbling down on your shoulders. All this shall pass.

Life is a struggle, keep your hands up white boy. Always remember:

When the deck is stacked against you, and odds aren’t in your favor,keep fighting.

Back