The Hamilton boycott called for by the President Elect is bigly. BIGLY!!!

Diamond Jim

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Hamilton's most controversial week also turned out to be its most profitable.

On Nov. 19, Vice President-elect Mike Penceattended a performance of Hamilton, which ended with actor Brandon Victor Dixon's plea for equality that provoked criticism from Donald Trump and calls for a boycott.

As the New York Times reports, audiences did the opposite of boycotting the hit Broadway production, which earned $3.3 million for eight shows last week, setting a new Broadway record for most money earned in a single week.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...oadway-sales-record-33-million-week/94594584/

Pretty surprising that a boycott called for by people who never had intentions of going did hurt business.

Lin-Manuel bless!!!

The irony that they exclude foreign actors and even foreigners that are now us citizens...

Also that he promotes rape. Liberals are cute with their hypocrisy.

Hamilton's most controversial week also turned out to be its most profitable.

On Nov. 19, Vice President-elect Mike Penceattended a performance of Hamilton, which ended with actor Brandon Victor Dixon's plea for equality that provoked criticism from Donald Trump and calls for a boycott.

As the New York Times reports, audiences did the opposite of boycotting the hit Broadway production, which earned $3.3 million for eight shows last week, setting a new Broadway record for most money earned in a single week.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...oadway-sales-record-33-million-week/94594584/

Pretty surprising that a boycott called for by people who never had intentions of going did hurt business.

Lin-Manuel bless!!!
Lin-Manuel is a douche, congrats

Trump will trigger people so badly these next 4 years, they're going to be completely exhausted. They'll be in a wheelchair with slurred speech by the time he's done.

Well obviously, I hadn't even heard of Hamilton until they jumped Pence. Since then they've had more advertisement than money can buy. This is the most famous the cast will ever be in their lifetimes.

Well obviously, I hadn't even heard of Hamilton until they jumped Pence. Since then they've had more advertisement than money can buy. This is the most famous the cast will ever be in their lifetimes.
Cultured people knew about it a long time ago (there were even discussions here where people bitched about it), and it has been sold out for a long time, and would have smashed records with or without Pence.

I mean he had the writer on Last Week Tonight last season singing and shit

granted I watch that show for laughs, but still I at least knew what Hamilton was, cmon son.

also, did trump truly think any of his followers would be the ones attending Hamilton in the first place?

bruh

I hope that they all get tazed by legit white supremacist's

WOW. It's almost like he won't be president now...

But...he will

And Lol at the TS celebrating because "his" racists get more money and further belittle and degrade a great peace of literature for their own racist gains

Cultured people knew about it a long time ago (there were even discussions here where people bitched about it), and it has been sold out for a long time, and would have smashed records with or without Pence.
Fair call.

We can both say though that the turnout wasn't out of protest

So the Hamilton cast trolled Pence, Trump reacted, and now they made more money. Good for them, straight out of the troll-right's playbook.

Pretty nice scam to drive more customers to your business. Trigger the Prez so he rage tweets ya then sit back and rake in the profits as the SJW disposable income comes rolling in.

Well who would have thought that seeing how NYC is a bastion of conservatism and Trump.

Back