The greatest frontman of a band ever ?

Coupla good songs - not a mega fan - however - Just heard someone talking about him on a SiriusXM show. They said he got to be such a big deal back in the day due to:
  1. Hard Touring
  2. Stage Presence
Apparently, you just put a mic in his hand and the next thing you know, the audience is ready to invade Europe.
I was at The Warped Tour in 97 when they played and can confirm that people were going fucking mental for them. I had no idea who they were at that point and didn’t much care for what I heard, but remembered them because the crowd was so pumped for them.

Scott Stapp and I'm not sure what the argument against that would be.

I woulda thought Jagger would've hands-down. He's the most iconic frontman of all time.

Sam Herring or Phil Anselmo maybe...

I'm not even really a fan but I gotta say Bono from U2 or maybe Keith Richards because of longevity.

IDK this is hard though. Kind of could make an argument for Cobain too.

Keith Richards? You do know who he is right?

What a shit poll!!! Imo it's either Axl or Jagger.

This man because he's pretty much Jesus.

scott-stapp-broke.jpg

Most people will simply say whoever the frontman of their favourite band is, they won't be objective.
I saw Oasis when they were touring the Be Here Now album and there is no way Gallagher is even an average frontman. Obviously Oasis fans voted.
No one in the band moved! They were just so stationary. Well, Liam did, he kept calling the crowd a bunch of C**** and would walk off stage!
In the end Noel sang most of the songs which was great as i prefer his voice.
These day Liam actually sings thru' his nose, he's given up using his mouth!

To me the greatest frontman was Bon Scott. AC/DC are not my favourite band btw, don't own even one of the lps.
Look at pictures of the guy on stage. Shirt off, wind blowing his hair back, he just looked the part didn't he?
c47f4bde1de8537d560da9d0b4c13d6e.jpg

I'm not even really a fan but I gotta say Bono from U2 or maybe Keith Richards because of longevity.

IDK this is hard though. Kind of could make an argument for Cobain too.
sy9KfN4A_400x400.jpeg

1. HR of The Bad Brains. Amazing, fucking amazing. Dude lands a backflip on stage. Amazing energy.

2. James Brown

3. Jello Biafra

4. David Yow

#spoilertag. My real #1....

Did I tell you I saw Bad Brains open up for the Beastie Boys in 1994 or 95? I can’t remember much about them, but I remember loving the entire concert.

My biased pick
GW7IO4LRFFBDBLEZ53ZFV6HY44.jpg

Freddy is probably the most iconic.

Roy Orbison if he counts as a frontman.

Does Tay Zonday count as a front man?

Freddie Mercury by a country mile.

Morrissey of course.

Kind of surprised at all the Jim Morrison love. I suppose to teenage girls he seemed pretty great. But really, total lame-o. Krieger and Manzarek carried that bum. Doors were/are overrated in general.

I choose Freddie Mercury's #1 pick: Robert Plant.

He was the ultimate inspiration for Freddie and laid down the blueprints for what an iconic rock frontman should be

Back