The greatest frontman of a band ever ?

"Best Frontman" to me is a mix of vocal talent, presence and showmanship...

Basically Freddie Mercury....

giphy.gif
After seeing the actual poll results i'm shocked each one of the Spice Girls didn't make the top 10.

Freddie
Mick
Plant
Morrison
Vedder
York
Dickinson

edit;

Roger Daltry
David Lee Roth

Guns & Roses was garbage after Appetite; and Axl sucked in concert.

And lol @ that Oasis can even getting nominated. Who got second place? Robbie Williams lmao
Axl put on one of the greatest shows 8ve ever seen in 05. Him and sebastian Bach doing My Michelle was mind-blowing.

He was off and on. When he was on, live, he was absolutely electrifying

Edit. It was 2011 or 12 that I saw them. My bad

Edit AGAIN! It was 2006 in tampa. Fuck, my memory is going....

Last edited:
Robert Plant from Led Zeppelin.
I'm going to see him live next month on the 21st. The Brady Theater, Tulsa, OK. He is 69 now. Some real Rock-and-Roll history.
get

f30588120116ed6582fafde8fa2919d9_L_JD.jpg

Not my actual nominee, but he embodies what a frontman should be. Represents the sound, genre, and vibe of the band. Energetic, draws the eye and gives you the experience you expect from the show.

Hetfield, Axl, Dickinson and, of course, Freddie Mercury are standouts amongst stuff I listen to. Hell, Joan Jett is up there. I can't pick one.

If Freddie Mercury isn’t the first person you think of, it’s over for you.

Maybe if Queen wasn't the lamest and most overrated band ever.
We are the champions and We will rock you are two of the worst songs OF ALL TIME.

Axl put on one of the greatest shows 8ve ever seen in 05. Him and sebastian Bach doing My Michelle was mind-blowing.

He was off and on. When he was on, live, he was absolutely electrifying

Edit. It was 2011 or 12 that I saw them. My bad
I saw GNR in '88....

200.gif

At this concert:

NOVEMBER 17, 1988 4:33PM ET

The Hard Truth About Guns N’ Roses

Finally, some bad boys who are good

Show was off the chain; but Axl's voice is best in the studio. And he hasn't held up and neither did his band. Can't give him a nom for this category.

Whoever the front man of Insane Clown Posse is.

I saw Billy Idol in a small club in Vancouver in like 2000 and he blew everyone I've seen including AC/DC out of the water.

Freddie Mercury is going to be very hard to beat, not sure I’d put Liam Gallagher higher than the top three of the Britpop era, Jarvis Cocker wins that one, and Damon is better than Liam imo.

Yeah I’m a metal fan but Freddie would be my pick. Also Ozzy, not the greatest singer but he’s fuckin Ozzy.

On the other side of the coin - I think I saw New Order in Milwaukee back in '91.

NewOrder-608x450.jpg

It was like watching people go through rape counseling basically.

tbf they had an awesome frontman but he killed himself

Fred Durst
Coupla good songs - not a mega fan - however - Just heard someone talking about him on a SiriusXM show. They said he got to be such a big deal back in the day due to:
  1. Hard Touring
  2. Stage Presence
Apparently, you just put a mic in his hand and the next thing you know, the audience is ready to invade Europe.

Last edited:
Back