The Great sherdog E3 thread

because Nintendo games are generally almost always quality games. AAA with a plus. It's been a long while since the last Metroid Prime so any fans would get excited on the fact that Nintendo is working on one.

Proves my point that only a fan boy can get excited about it

the pokemon rpg for the switch would seal the deal, i would get one

Proves my point that only a fan boy can get excited about it

meh.. neither MS nor Sony did anything to get non-fans excited though. If you aren't a fan of that company you probably won't get excited no matter what anyway most of the time.

E3 for the most part was just one big disappoitment. I really hope Anthem can live up to that sick trailer, also hoping Assassin's Creed and Skull and Bones are good, but I'll definitely wait until reviews to get remotely hyped for any of them.

Watching the conference now because unlike you guys I actually work. That rabbids mario game looks awesome. To bad I don't have a Switch.

Hearing about that game pushed me to buy a switch after it came out. Im hoping its like a modern super mario rpg. Havent seen the vid yet

E3 for the most part was just one big disappoitment. I really hope Anthem can live up to that sick trailer, also hoping Assassin's Creed and Skull and Bones are good, but I'll definitely wait until reviews to get remotely hyped for any of them.

It wasn't a total disappointment. For one thing, I'm thinking I definitely want this.

oh boy....

7875a6e80b9363dd04b800859c52a3cd.jpg

It wasn't a total disappointment. For one thing, I'm thinking I definitely want this.

Oh this was that post apocalyptic game thats coming out? I read that its part open world part linear and has a crafting system. It definitely looks interesting, I hope its a game that we can put a lot of hours in.

Hearing about that game pushed me to buy a switch after it came out. Im hoping its like a modern super mario rpg. Havent seen the vid yet

It looks to be quite a bit different than Mario RPG. Looks more like a cross between Mario and X-Com where the Rabbids are the enemy squad.

These guys aren't saying it but 100% this game is based on Waco and Ruby Ridge.

Oh this was that post apocalyptic game thats coming out? I read that its part open world part linear and has a crafting system. It definitely looks interesting, I hope its a game that we can put a lot of hours in.

Yeah and this isn't even a new franchise. Check out Metro 2033 and Metro Last Light for the previous games. They are great.

Nice. I was born in Waco. I remember going to a near cliff where you could see the whole operation going on. Didn't see the killing or any of that my dad just stopped on the road on the way home one day to take a look at what was going on.

Hmmm, tell me more. Give me like, 1 or 2 sentences that explain why you say that. I'm not saying you are wrong, I haven't looked at Farcry 5 yet but it seems like a pretty specific claim.

Yeah and this isn't even a new franchise. Check out Metro 2033 and Metro Last Light for the previous games. They are great.

I haven't played any of the Metro's but Metro Exodus is looking pretty awesome.

Hmmm, tell me more. Give me like, 1 or 2 sentences that explain why you say that. I'm not saying you are wrong, I haven't looked at Farcry 5 yet but it seems like a pretty specific claim.
Look up the Ruby Ridge standoff or Waco siege as I don't want to type all that out but the town in Fc5 is a small secluded town that has been taken over by an extreme cult that has a "our way or you're dead" mentality and people aren't in a real position to fight back it seems.

Look up the Ruby Ridge standoff or Waco siege as I don't want to type all that out but the town in Fc5 is a small secluded town that has been taken over by an extreme cult that has a "our way or you're dead" mentality and people aren't in a real position to fight back it seems.

Oh I know all about Waco and Ruby Ridge. I just meant how was it reflected in the game. As another example, look at the Bioshock series, and specifically Bioshock Infinite. The entire culture in those games was very cultish, religion oriented, and controlling.

Oh I know all about Waco and Ruby Ridge. I just meant how was it reflected in the game. As another example, look at the Bioshock series, and specifically Bioshock Infinite. The entire culture in those games was very cultish, religion oriented, and controlling.
That vid I posted the guy all but said "we looked to Waco and Ruby Ridge for inspiration"

He talks about how initially they weren't sure of how to bring Far Cry out of the exotic locales of past and to the US and how they could make a FC style story work in the US and then they went to Montana and figured it out.

I've driven through Ruby Ridge and it's seriously the only part of the country I have ever been to where I personally felt uncomfortable and I have driven through one of those polygamy towns in Utah where cars follow you to make sure you aren't going to be an outsider that helps the women escape the town.

What's the point of MS or Sony showing off a game that will not be exclusive or even timed exclusive to their platform as part of their presentations and at their events?

Hey, we will have this great game, just like our competition, buy our console!

Or is this part of a deal to make sure the game is not made an exclusive to the other console?

Back