The Great Debate: is a hot dog a sandwich? Or, I can eat a hotdog without chewing

I say no. It's a sausage.
Here's why it's not a sandwich: because in general, the bun comes as one unit. If you cut a hot dog up and place that in a hamburger bun, then that's a hot dog sandwich.

A taco isn't a sandwich for the same reason, except that if you put the ground up horsemeat into anything other than a shell, it ceases to be a taco.

I disagree.

Certain types of pita sandwiches and torta sandwiches are made by making an incision without completely bisecting the bread and then adding the sandwich fillings.

You can eat a lot of things without chewing but you shouldn't.

You can eat a marble without chewing.

I'd recommend you chew sausages whether they are on a bun or not.

I disagree.

Certain types of pita sandwiches and torta sandwiches are made by making an incision without completely bisecting the bread and then adding the sandwich fillings.
In which case, it is no longer a sandwich. It's a folded mess.
The Earl of Sandwich himself laid down the foundation of the mighty Sandwich Empire and it's way too fancy for those weird foreign shenanigans.

You can eat a lot of things without chewing but you shouldn't.

You can eat a marble without chewing.

I'd recommend you chew sausages whether they are on a bun or not.
Two observations, a recommendation, and blistering morning farts

Nah, man, a hot dog is a fucking hot dog. People thinking WAY too much about stuff like this. And people who say you shouldn't put ketchup on one:

<3>

No one tells ME what to put on MY hot dog!

Smiths/Kroger or Albertsons normally has them for a buck. But this is from the ad that came in the mail yesterday.

5NI4zre.jpg

All I see is Salchichas or Jamons for 99 cents.
These aren't regular hotdogs. The quality of these hot dogs make Oscar-Meyer weiners look like filet mignon.
This is classic advertising trickery.

All I see is Salchichas or Jamons for 99 cents.
These aren't regular hotdogs. The quality of these hot dogs make Oscar-Meyer weiners look like filet mignon.
This is classic advertising trickery.

Bar S is a name brand out here and sold everywhere. They taste good.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...xation-answers-one-lifes-great-questions.html

What is considered a sandwich

Sandwiches include cold and hot sandwiches of every kind that are prepared and ready to be eaten, whether made on bread, on bagels, on rolls, in pitas, in wraps, or otherwise, and regardless of the filling or number of layers. A sandwich can be as simple as a buttered bagel or roll, or as elaborate as a six-foot, toasted submarine sandwich.

Some examples of taxable sandwiches include:

• common sandwiches, such as:
- BLTs (bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwiches), club sandwiches, cold cut sandwiches, grilled cheese sandwiches, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, salad-type sandwiches (e.g., chicken, egg, ham, and tuna);

• bagel sandwiches (served buttered or with spreads, or otherwise as a sandwich), burritos, cheese-steak sandwiches, croissant sandwiches, fish fry sandwiches, flatbread sandwiches, breakfast sandwiches, gyros, hamburgers on buns, rolls, etc, heroes, hoagies, torpedoes, grinders, submarines, and other such sandwiches, hot dogs and sausages on buns, rolls, etc, melt sandwiches, open-faced sandwiches, panini sandwiches, Reuben sandwiches and wraps and pita sandwiches.

Back