The Great Debate: is a hot dog a sandwich? Or, I can eat a hotdog without chewing

OverCoronavirus Pressure

Mayberry = War Room, WR = OT. Shit.
Banned
Reaction score
I say no. It's a sausage.
Here's why it's not a sandwich: because in general, the bun comes as one unit. If you cut a hot dog up and place that in a hamburger bun, then that's a hot dog sandwich.

A taco isn't a sandwich for the same reason, except that if you put the ground up horsemeat into anything other than a shell, it ceases to be a taco.

People debate this?
Apparently.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/22/politics/ruth-bader-ginsburg-stephen-colbert-workout/index.html

Ruth Bader Ginsburg makes important decisions all the time in her position as a Supreme Court Justice.
And she has finally weighed in on an issue that's tearing America apart -- declaring that a hot dog is, in fact, classified as a sandwich.

I think she's wrong, btw. If a hot dog is a sandwich, then so are tacos.

I say no. It's a sausage.
Here's why it's not a sandwich: because in general, the bun comes as one unit. If you cut a hot dog up and place that in a hamburger bun, then that's a hot dog sandwich.

A taco isn't a sandwich for the same reason, except that if you put the ground up horsemeat into anything other than a shell, it ceases to be a taco.

Tacos are not sandwiches because they are not made with bread.
Per your theory about the bun being one unit - a Philly cheese steak isn't a sandwich either.

philly-cheese-steak.png

I sandwich my hot dog between two tits all the time, so I guess yes, it is a sandwich.

An open faced sandwich is a sandwich on one slice of bread. If the bread is folded, it is still a sandwich. A hot dog is a sandwich made with folded bread.

Only highly intellectual people who are extraordinarily wealthy and sexually dominant who like things inside of other things.
true that
there is a reason why they are called "pimp steaks" and not "beta manlet incel food"

i'm not understanding the 'comes as one unit' stipulation....

so doner kebaps/gyros aren't sandwiches then either?

Back