The Godfather vs. The Godfather: Part II

Which is the better movie?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I pick the The Godfather (9/10). Way better replay value. Brando was phenomenal.

And the scenes with De Niro in The Godfather: Part II (7/10) were boring.

Last edited:
I liked the first Godfather better, but two was still great.

There are very few sequels which surpass the original.

This is one of those occasions.

There are very few sequels which surpass the original.

This is one of those occasions.

I agree 100%. The Godfather was a masterpiece, but I believe Godfather 2 could possibly be considered the best movie of all time.

Godfather Part II is probably my favorite movie of the all time.

If anyone dares to vote part III:

doncorleone.gif

I think Part I is probably the better movie, but I enjoyed Part II more. I always loved the young Vito storyline. Both are masterpieces.

Both were awesome but 1 was slightly better

1 has an operatic quality that just makes the whole thing so goddamn epic.

2 is a bit more nitty-gritty which is just slightly less entertaining, but only by comparison.

Really, I think of them as one movie. But if I have to pick I go 1.

Love both but voted for one because it has Brando and Caan. I fucking love Caan, if anyone hasn't seen Thief(1981) get on it fucking amazing film and Caan's best performance imo

I guess I'll be the first to post in this thread to post this. :)

Godfather fans hate this clip.

suck it dorks

I wish I could see the results without voting. Haven't seen them so I can't vote but I'm curious as to which one wins.

I picked the first one.

It's just a bit tighter and more focused, IMO. The second film is a touch too sprawling for my tastes. I think that's why some like it, but I find it loses me in moments, where the first one grips me and never lets go.

Plus, the first has prime Marlon Brando.

If you think the parts of DeNiro were boring I dont know what to tell you man, but you definitely dont have good taste about movies and you probably like the Jackass movies... The scene were the young Vito is leaving on the train full of hope and love with his children right next to the scene of Michael killing his own brother is pure fucking movie poetry

If you think the parts of DeNiro were boring I dont know what to tell you man, but you definitely dont have good taste about movies and you probably like the Jackass movies... The scene were the young Vito is leaving on the train full of hope and love with his children right next to the scene of Michael killing his own brother is pure fucking movie poetry

I actually like De Niro movies Taxi Driver, The Deer Hunter, Raging Bull, The Untouchables and Cape Fear to name a few. I also don't mind watching Jackass movies. My taste is all over the place. I don't have a particular genre that I like the most.

Back