THE GOAT can NEVER be someone who gets destroyed in their prime or knocked out!

oh so if a good kickboxer gets finished it's a fluke, but not MMA.

okay.

So if there was never a fighter who didn't get beat in their prime there would be no GOAT?

I don't think you really thought this through.

This is MMA. Everyone loses. Dumb thread.

Until Jon gets fucked up and knocked out, or taps to strikes, the next GOAT contender has to match his dominance and winning.

I mostly feel Gustaffson won that fight, I understand scoring it for Jones... but Gustaffson beat the living piss out of him and was in far better shape at the end of the fight.

That counts for something, similar to Hendricks GSP... ok ok, GSP eeked out some rounds to win a decision, but really he got his ass kicked.

Because MMA has many ways to win. Kickboxin someone always gets finished. The GOAT mma guy would take someone down.

But you make a good point perhaps the MMA goat could have 1 early fluke loss but multiple is just nonsensical.
But decisions happen a lot in kickboxing though. In Muay Thai fights, you'll often see the winner of the fight take a decision through almost purely leg kicks because punches score the lowest in that judging style. Hell, leg kicks can score more than head kicks in Muay Thai!

In MMA, there are just so many ways to win. You can be a striker with TDD, you can wrestlefuck people on the ground or against the cage, you can submit guys, or you can obliterate people with ground and pound. The GOAT can still have bad style matchups, and guys can win because they have favorable matchups. It's just part of the sport.

So nobody can be the GOAT unless they never lose and KO everyone forever. K.

Anderson has so many things going against him.

2X PED cheat

Losses to (finished by cans) one who had a 4-7 record

Almost double digit losses

Weak competition compared to the other candidates

Ducked Shogun and Jones while calling out WW’s and FW’s.

All in all just a fraud

111schmeling.jpg

prime means nothing, if the fighter doesn't have a GOAT worthy career he is not in question. Fighters being in their "prime" is the equivalent of a sea-level cain argument.

Did I say Fedor is the GOAT? No i did not so what the hell you bringing him up for. Dude never fought in UFC and avoids it and winners write history. Nobody in 20 years will think he is the goat except old time pride fans. He was good though

He beat 5 UFC HW champs.

Shit thread.
Stay in school, kids.
Don’t bong the pot.
you can bong the pot stay in school and still be more intelligent then this guy

Bong the pot
Dab the shatter
roll the spliff

just don't make retarded threads on SD

How about running away from the sport in your prime?

anderson was 38 years old when he got slept by weidman not exactly prime age

<6>

You're an idiot.
How am I? Fedor is 41, Werdum is 40 Hendo is 47. Fights in Pride have been proven to be fake or fixed, there is also no drug testing whatsoever with fighters being ENCOURAGED to take PED's.
Fedor's best win by far; Arlovski is ranked 13# in the Heavyweight division.
Fact's don't care about your feelings.

Last edited:
What a stupid thread.

GOAT is about body of work. So if a guy destroys everyone but finished 50-1, and his only loss was a KO, he is automatically not the GOAT?

Back