THE GIFTED on Fox (Cancelled After Season 2)

I like that they use their powers a lot (looking at you, Inhumans) but there's a couple things holding the show back. The mom needs to go. Since day one she just walked in to the MU and acted like she owned the place. Acts like an authority on mutants and everyone needs her permission for anything.

I have to disagree quite a bit. Thunderbird seems to be a good leader, but he can't do everything himself, and he has to go out into the field at times. They need others to help hold down the fort. Most of them there are refugees without family who have been persecuted/hunted most of their lives while she's an overprotective mother who has now seen both sides so it's fitting. She would have a more grounded approach to handling things than mutants who have been treated like shit and hunted most of their lives. There's not a whole lot of organization at that place, so someone needs to step up, so why not the overprotective mother? Plus, Polaris' idea of teaching is hurling dangerous objects at mutants.

Second, the anger level. Blink is just pissed constantly. Marco, too, to a lesser degree, and then there's Andy with his roid rage. I could see them getting mad, but don't make it so you can't have a simple conversation.

The hell? Why wouldn't they be angry? Blink was alone in a world that despises mutants, was detained until she escaped, then came to the MU only to get used and manipulated by them. She should have trust issues. Not to mention she just found her old group house and saw bullet holes + blood stains all over the floor.

Marcos was disowned by his own family, had to live on the streets until he started working for the cartel doing things he wasn't proud of, then fell in love with a mutant and joined the MU only for his pregnant girlfriend to get captured. She is later freed, but he had to use the cartel for help, so he now has to whore himself out to them.

Andy went from being constantly bullied at school to his entire family being hunted by a shady gov't agency.

They do have simple conversations, but you seem to think people who have been treated like shit and are being hunted should walk around happy all the time?

Every time dad Strucker gets angry, or is in an argument, i keep expecting his True Blood vampire fangs to pop out.

Update: November 18, 2017

SCREAM QUEENS' Skyler Samuels Cast in a Key Recurring Role in THE GIFTED

p35dJWC.jpg

Actress Skyler Samuels is going from scream queen to mutant. Samuels has been cast in a “key recurring role’ on The Gifted, according to Deadline. The report describes Samuels’ character as “a refugee mutant with telepathic abilities and a mysterious past.”

Given The Gifted’s use of the Hounds and how the show seems to, overall, be on the path to the dystopian future of “Days of Future Past,” one may think that Samuels could be playing Rachel Summers. However, the synopsis for the show’s next episode, “threat of eXtinction,” has her listed as a character named “Esme.”

The name Esme combined with the telepathic mutant abilities seems to suggest that Samuels is playing Esme Cuckoo, one of the telepathic “children” of Emma Frost, one of the most powerful mutant telepaths in the Marvel Universe.

When Esme was first introduced during Grant Morrison’s New X-Men run in the early 2000s, she was one of five identical, telepathic mutants referred to as the Stepford Cuckoos. The Cuckoos shared a telepathic hive mind and were closely watched and tutored by Emma Frost.

Any part of this comic book history could serve as Esme’s “mysterious past” on The Gifted. Was she a former student at Xavier’s? Was she forced to leave because she joined the Brotherhood? Is she actually just a clone who was only recently released into the world? Either way, Esme’s connection to Emma Frost provides one more tie between the X-Men and the Mutant Underground.

'Scream Queen' Star Skyler Samuels Cast In Recurring Role in Fox's 'The Gifted'

This show just keeps getting better. They keep adding talent and tonight added a major reveal in the plot which should make things very interesting. Looking forward to it but I think it's two weeks until the next one.

This last episode wasn't very well thought out. Why did they need to go inside the power station to knock out the power when they could just attack the transmission system? Most power systems are able to direct power from different sources so disconnecting it at the or near the destination is better than trying to stop it at the source.

It was just a way to get the brother and sister captured and not well thought out. Also, once they figured out that the sick guard's code had been used at the plant, they would have disabled it so they couldn't have made it through that last door where the code was entered to open it.

Noticed they mentioned the hellfire club last night.

Looking forward to seeing next weeks episode. I’m also glad that Andy didn’t beatbox this episode.

I am pleasantly surprised with this show, sure it has some holes, but it's a solid portrayal of the X-universe without the X-Men in it.

Every time dad Strucker gets angry, or is in an argument, i keep expecting his True Blood vampire fangs to pop out.

Bill Compton with Warlow's blood in his veins and That Look in his eyes would murk Sentinal Services on his own:)

Noticed they mentioned the hellfire club last night.

Looking forward to seeing next weeks episode. I’m also glad that Andy didn’t beatbox this episode.

It's almost a pity Marvel has the rights to Hydra; I'd like to see them come in on the side of the Mutants because of Strucker's family history and go a few rounds with Sentinal Services.

Damn, I didn't know Dreamer had a nice rack like that

TG-S1_109-37-EM_0038_hires1.jpg

Pretty damn good show. There's not much I dislike about it. I mean maybe, I'd like to see a mutant badass. None of them are quite that big of heavy hitters with their powers (except for the kids of course), nor are any of them that super experienced in combat. Sentinel services gets them shaking in their boots quite a bit ha. But it's ok, someone will come along one day and lay some smackdown.

Yeah, this show is surprisingly consistently good.
There really isn't much at all that i dislike about it.
Solid characters, acting, and story.

They also do a really good job about not beating shit into the ground.
I feel like the Blink/Warpath/Dream girl thing would have lasted a whole season on another show. And I'm glad the relationship between the girl and the image creating guy never happened. Also didn't get a full season of Warpath trying to find Pulse and feeling sorry for them. They handle storylines and move on to the next.

I also just realized that the Warpath/Pulse story arc is just like the Wolverine/Morph story in the X-men animated series where Morph gets left behind and everyone thinks he died--but he was actually captured and forced to work for Trask

Damn, I didn't know Dreamer had a nice rack like that

TG-S1_109-37-EM_0038_hires1.jpg

Yeah, that came as a pleasent surprise to me as well:)

Disappointed in Andy. In his position, I wouldn't have hesitated to slaughter everyone in the building to escape.

Kid needs to toughen up like his sister and develop that Fenris killer instinct.

Disappointed in Andy. In his position, I wouldn't have hesitated to slaughter everyone in the building to escape.

Kid needs to toughen up like his sister and develop that Fenris killer instinct.
Andy holding back was a good thing for me. The show has been teasing that Andy is the reckless, more likely to go power-crazy between the two siblings. Also Andy's angry emo schtick is sometimes annoying. So it was a nice twist when they reveal that it was Andy that has to stop Lauren from killing everybody.

Andy holding back was a good thing for me. The show has been teasing that Andy is the reckless, more likely to go power-crazy between the two siblings. Also Andy's angry emo schtick is sometimes annoying. So it was a nice twist when they reveal that it was Andy that has to stop Lauren from killing everybody.

Meh. It was still PIS to get the kids captured and set up a dramatic rescue attempt. I mean, can you imagine Magneto pulling his punches because he was afraid of collateral damage? Mags would have killed everyone, saved Tito for last and told him to burn in Hell with his dead brat:rolleyes:

I mean, can you imagine Magneto pulling his punches because he was afraid of collateral damage? Mags would have killed everyone, saved Tito for last and told him to burn in Hell with his dead brat:rolleyes:
But the show is not that. This is at its core a family drama about mutants learning about their powers and morals, how to survive, etc. This is not a dark, war-freak show where the protagonists slaughter people wantonly.

Check out Starz's Magic City to see Dreamer (Elena Satine) in numerous nude/sex scenes. You're welcome.

7491b880b75addacaa747207667cf7c2.jpg

827e77b7d94b91c12584efda16f6c289--magic-city-felice.jpg

But the show is not that. This is at its core a family drama about mutants learning about their powers and morals, how to survive, etc. This is not a dark, war-freak show where the protagonists slaughter people wantonly.

I get that. But survival in this case means kill or be killed. There's a reason the Big Bad is called Sentinal Services; they intend to carry out the Final Solution to the Mutant Problem. Holding back will get these kids killed. Or tortured and experminted on until they are nothing more than drug addicted living weapons that can be aimed at their former friends.

Back