The Gif: Rousey/Mcmann stoppage

When a fighter goes down that fast, clutching their gut, with the other hand flat on the mat...kinda hard not to jump in there fast.

Travis Browne would have been stopped 20 times against Overeem by these standards. This was awful, gave her no chance at all and treated her with no respect as a warrior.

herb dean the best ref in the world. he's on the same level as mazagatti atm.

Travis Browne would have been stopped 20 times against Overeem by these standards. This was awful, gave her no chance at all and treated her with no respect as a warrior.

And Shogun vs Hendo would have ended in round 1, with Shogun being the winner.

You must intelligently defend yourself at all times. Maybe a hair too soon, but that's why we have rematches.

Worst stoppage ever, its not like Ronda is Shane Carwin who will kill you with two punches if youre out already. Herb got paid to make sure Ronda wins.

pettisko.gif

not intelligently defending.

that being said, i think a lot of the times refs will call women's fights sooner because it's uncomfortable to watch

It was early, but you can't blame him.

Sara went down so fast and it wasn't like Ronda was gonna let up on the "punches".

Right..."punches".

Terrible. This is adults fighting not toddlers in karate class. Give a fighter a chance to eat a big shot, be hurt, and fight through it. He gave her no chance to do that at all.

Herb needs to take time off.

All 3 angles.

http://mkerala.com/u/di/7F7J/r1.gif[/IMG.]
[IMG]http://mkerala.com/u/di/30SM/r2.gif[/IMG.]
[IMG]http://mkerala.com/u/di/HCR3/r3.gif[/IMG.][/QUOTE]

Good find. I'll add this to the OP

Devastating ground and pound to her pony tail.

That hair is probably all tangled in some knots now and stuff. Nasty shit.

after seeing the gif i can now say that it was worst then i thought she was getting up when herb was coming in.

It was a knockdown. You don't stop fights on knockdowns. She recovered almost instantly.

Herb needs some time off or be kept out of main events for awhile. He has ruined numerous shows now with his early stoppages while letting fights go on too long on other fights. If anything, main events should be given a bit more leeway since more is on the line.
Yeah if this was a knock out, that'd be something else entirely. You face plant from a knock out, stop that shit immediately.

But this is purely a knock down.

When a fighter goes down that fast, clutching their gut, with the other hand flat on the mat...kinda hard not to jump in there fast.

When else do you see that happen?

I see cerrone in the foetal position practically begging for a stoppage. Mcmann had a hand on the mat trying to work her way back up to her feet.

Lmao.

Ronda drops someone and hits her in the head multiple Times and its what the fuck. Barao taps fabers gloves and its the complete opposite.

Fickle bunch of asses here

looked like she was tapping ronda's leg at the very end as she was getting up there

All 3 angles.

r1.gif

r2.gif

r3.gif

If we look at these gifts tomorrow or a year from now, we will think the stoppage is legit and all the bs surrounding it was just drunken rage fueled by Joe Rogan hype fodder. Shit to keep people talking.

Back