the gap in striking between top MMA and top kickboxing is so overrated

P

Pwent

saki got hurt and tired gassing against an unranked UFC fighter, he had a harder time with him than hulk cutelaba did lmao

no wonder rampage, mousasi and overeem did so well crossing over

reminds me of how spong couldnt finish angel deanda and was getting hit by him in an all striking MMA fight. same angel de anda that got KTFO by james irvin

id put money on rumble vs a top hwt kickboxer

It's totally different when you add in the grappling element, Saki said that himself in his post fight speech.

It's totally different when you add in the grappling element, Saki said that himself in his post fight speech.

then how did mousasi, rampage and overeem go to k1 and beat top fighters?

i dont doubt that its different, but the skill difference appears to be marginal at best

sakis opponent lost his previous fight via 22 second KO, and then he goes to land knees and hurt saki lol

Striking in MMA is a different beast altogether.

I'm not disagreeing with your point, I do believe the gap is overstated. I'm just saying it takes a different type of conditioning to transition from Kickboxing to MMA. I was more defending Saki than anything. I thought he looked good for his UFC debut.

i dont doubt that its different, but the skill difference appears to be marginal at best
I know that Reem has been training in kickboxing since he was very young. As for Rampage and Moose, I actually had no idea they had K-1 fights, how successful were they?

I love how Rogan was all talking up Joe Schilling as being the greatest striker on the planet than he gets KO'd by an MMA bum in MMA AND KICKBOXING!!!! <45>

Last edited:
K1 Rampage was the shit. Screw technique. Throw bombs.

He definately showed his ring rust. He looked good, when he's on man his speed and power are very exciting to watch. Hope he fights more frequently.

And the man hadn't fought in 2 years. The balls on him to come back to a totally different sport, with totally different rules after a 2 year hiatus. He def was starting to gas but like he said in his post fight interview, he needed to experience that feeling. Now he has a better idea of the type of work he needs to do and the kind of pace he has to keep in the future to avoid gassing early. Can't wait to see how far he can go. His hands are super heavy. He was rocking dude through his guard. Gokhan is a bad mufuka!

saki got hurt and tired gassing against an unranked UFC fighter, he had a harder time with him than hulk cutelaba did lmao

no wonder rampage, mousasi and overeem did so well crossing over

reminds me of how spong couldnt finish angel deanda and was getting hit by him in an all striking MMA fight. same angel de anda that got KTFO by james irvin

id put money on rumble vs a top hwt kickboxer
Angel trains at my hometown gym. Really cool how good his striking is for a short, fat, weak lhw

Boxing is the ultimate striking art. Every other form of striking is suspect.

More money in boxing and MMA, hence they have bigger talent pools.

saki couldn't handle the clinch..
Saki made Conor look like a Kenyan Marathon runner his gas was so bad.

If that fight continued, I think Silva actually beats him. Silva wasn't hurt, was already knocked down multiple times and Saki was 2 minutes at most from being done. He couldn't even lift his arms up.

And the man hadn't fought in 2 years. The balls on him to come back to a totally different sport, with totally different rules after a 2 year hiatus. He def was starting to gas but like he said in his post fight interview, he needed to experience that feeling. Now he has a better idea of the type of work he needs to do and the kind of pace he has to keep in the future to avoid gassing early. Can't wait to see how far he can go. His hands are super heavy. He was rocking dude through his guard. Gokhan is a bad mufuka!
It wasn't totally different. It was basically a muauy Thai match

Well Overeems first kickboxing fight was before his first MMA fight so that one's not hard to work out and Mousasi went from boxing to kickboxing to MMA so that's pretty obvious too.
Rampage, just put it down to being explosive and athletic.

Well Saki was only getting outstruck in the clinch because kickboxing doesn't allow clinching. Muay Thai > Kickboxing confirmed

I think you're overlooking an exceptional chin on Da Silva that prolonged a lopsided striking exhibition

Back