the future of the 160lb divison, and why Canelo/GGG 2 won't come soon

The MW championship has been won and lost in the ring since Hopkins.

Fair enough, hopefully he'll go on to challenge the Danny Jacobs and Jermal Charlo's of the world and not the low hanging fruit like Saunders. I would also like to him fight Lemieux & Eubanks as well if he is going to stay in middle weight div....but I suppose fight fans can only dream.

Time will tell.

I think we'll definitely get a fight with David. Canelo took Golovkin's best shot and stayed there, and Golovkin is a much more disciplined boxer than Lemieux (which isn't saying much I guess) so his ability to land that shot needs to be taken into account. A fight with Lemieux would look a lot like his fight against Kirkland, it'll probably just last longer because David's more durable. If a fight with Eubank doesn't happen, I'd have to imagine it's because Jr. priced himself out. He's like BJS in that he wants to appear like a player in the division but doesn't seem interested in actually doing it.

Jacobs is the only guy that I think they'll try to swerve. I said long before the Golovkin fight that Danny should win and I still feel the same. I predict GB is going to pick Gennady again, and win or lose they're going to do a fight with someone like Lemieux, either as a "getting back on the horse" fight or "taking a breather after two tough fights" bout. By that time Danny's body might not be able to make 160 regardless of the payday, or if he can he'll be a fucking skeleton.

I'd love to see him fight Danny immediately, but I think it's a pretty tall order to tell someone to fight the two best in the division three times in a row. Got to respect Golovkin for doing it twice.

GGG isn't getting younger. If he loses before the Canelo rematch then it certainly won't mean (and make) as much.

The narrative for Canelo - Cotto 2 is good but Cotto clearly lost their first fight. Not as appealing as GGG - Canelo 2 with all these belts on the line.

The chance of him losing to a retiring Cotto, who he's beat before, are extremely slim. A freak win by BJS is just as likely.

Maybe do some research bro.

Maybe start with the title reign of Sergio Martinez.

The Ring Magazine Belt is not a real belt. It's something Ring Magazine keeps up to stay relevant. The idea of a lineal champion is also irrelevant and and an artifical marketing ploy, as the championship is always disputed. That's why they're fighting in the first place.

WBC FTW.

Can't admit when you're wrong huh? Is your first name Donald by any chance?

- Derevyanchenko is Golovkin's IBF mandatory so that will have to take place in the next 7 months or so. Maybe next. Wouldn't be surprised if he ended up being a tougher fight for GGG than Canelo.

- Cotto is with Roc Nation not Golden Boy.

- BJS is all talk i doubt he fights either but if he does he'll go for the Canelo money and probably views it as a more winnable fight.

If GGG can get the BJS fight more power to him. I hope he decapitates that piece of shit. He wouldn't fight Danny if his life depended on it

If GGG can get the BJS fight more power to him. I hope he decapitates that piece of shit. He wouldn't fight Danny if his life depended on it

I think his life does depend on it.

If BJS fought Jacobs at this point after avoiding the shit out of him I think Jacbos legit hurts him.

Bad.

I think his life does depend on it.

If BJS fought Jacobs at this point after avoiding the shit out of him I think Jacbos legit hurts him.

Bad.

Fight wouldn't last long enough for it to happen. Would look identical to the Kid Chocolate one.

Fair enough, hopefully he'll go on to challenge the Danny Jacobs and Jermal Charlo's of the world and not the low hanging fruit like Saunders. I would also like to him fight Lemieux & Eubanks as well if he is going to stay in middle weight div....but I suppose fight fans can only dream.

Time will tell.

Charlo fight will happen with Danny. Lemieux turned down a pretty sizable deal from us. Eubanks issue is money and he won't fight over here unless we essentially give him way more than he's worth.

Honestly, we want the GGG rematch though. If Danny has to go up to fight Stevenson though than it won't happen. Not letting him end up like RJJ

Ideally the schedule is GGG, Charlo, Canelo and Stevenson. Then it will be a send off fight and Danny will be done and working for Showtime next to Ward. He's not going to be a guy who hangs around. We don't want shitty fights.

I have something big on the horizon for E but I can't post it quite yet

Ideally the schedule is GGG, Charlo, Canelo and Stevenson. Then it will be a send off fight and Danny will be done and working for Showtime next to Ward. He's not going to be a guy who hangs around. We don't want shitty fights.

I have something big on the horizon for E but I can't post it quite yet

That is the way to go.

Big fights, big money, retire early and live a good healthy life outside of the ring. Or a good super fat life like Maidana. Dude looks happy as hell and sounds like he never even took a punch.

- Derevyanchenko is Golovkin's IBF mandatory so that will have to take place in the next 7 months or so. Maybe next. Wouldn't be surprised if he ended up being a tougher fight for GGG than Canelo.

- Cotto is with Roc Nation not Golden Boy.

- BJS is all talk i doubt he fights either but if he does he'll go for the Canelo money and probably views it as a more winnable fight.

Cotto is with Golden Boy.

https://www.badlefthook.com/2017/6/1/15724002/cotto-inks-multi-fight-deal-with-golden-boy
http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/19410890/miguel-cotto-promoter-roc-nation-sports-parted-ways

Charlo fight will happen with Danny. Lemieux turned down a pretty sizable deal from us. Eubanks issue is money and he won't fight over here unless we essentially give him way more than he's worth.

Honestly, we want the GGG rematch though. If Danny has to go up to fight Stevenson though than it won't happen. Not letting him end up like RJJ
Now that I'm several days removed from the fight and not in such of troll-ish frame of mind. I just want to say thank you for you're measured responses.

Listen brother I like Canelo as a boxer and I have no reason to dislike him in any fashion in or out of the ring. I do feel frustrated at times as a fan, to how I *feel* (for what it's worth, which is likely nothing) about how Oscar handles him. Which is a shame because Oscar the boxer had big balls, the manger not so much.

I can tell Canelo wants to prove himself, how much of that he is allowed to due to management I have no clue.

If he legit fights good guys like you say, then win or lose, I will consider him a great. I have way more respect for a guys resume then his win - loses. Resume shows grit, character and desire and that to me, makes a boxer great. Your boy has skills, so he doesn't have to worry about getting bashed for that. He's young so well see. Appreciate the word. Look forward to seeing more from Canelo as always down the road.

I think we'll definitely get a fight with David. Canelo took Golovkin's best shot and stayed there, and Golovkin is a much more disciplined boxer than Lemieux (which isn't saying much I guess) so his ability to land that shot needs to be taken into account. A fight with Lemieux would look a lot like his fight against Kirkland, it'll probably just last longer because David's more durable. If a fight with Eubank doesn't happen, I'd have to imagine it's because Jr. priced himself out. He's like BJS in that he wants to appear like a player in the division but doesn't seem interested in actually doing it.

Jacobs is the only guy that I think they'll try to swerve. I said long before the Golovkin fight that Danny should win and I still feel the same. I predict GB is going to pick Gennady again, and win or lose they're going to do a fight with someone like Lemieux, either as a "getting back on the horse" fight or "taking a breather after two tough fights" bout. By that time Danny's body might not be able to make 160 regardless of the payday, or if he can he'll be a fucking skeleton.

I'd love to see him fight Danny immediately, but I think it's a pretty tall order to tell someone to fight the two best in the division three times in a row. Got to respect Golovkin for doing it twice.

Jacobs, Canelo then Jacobs 2, Canelo 2 would be flat-out insane.

Also, at this point given how GGG - Jacobs 1 went it seems that Danny is a bad risk / reward ratio if Golovkin wants to secure the fattest Canelo 2 purse he can get. That would be a ballsy move, but my money would be on Jacobs.

Back