The future legitamacy of the UFC and MMA in general

A friend and I were thinking the UFC should have UFC Ninja Warrior. These guys are already elite athletes and would do really good. It would be an interesting way to gain popularity again. Or maybe it was just a stoner idea/conversation lol.
giphy.gif

I used to watch Ninja Warrior, loved it, not sure if it's still running. But they had different MMA guys on the show before and normally they just fail. I think Genki Sudo was on it or an equivalent show, Felice Herrig was, quite a few others and none really excelled despite being great athletes. They'd probably need to make the courses way easier or get their guys to quit MMA for a year and focus specifically on Ninja Warrior training instead lol

I used to watch Ninja Warrior, loved it, not sure if it's still running. But they had different MMA guys on the show before and normally they just fail. I think Genki Sudo was on it or an equivalent show, Felice Herrig was, quite a few others and none really excelled despite being great athletes. They'd probably need to make the courses way easier or get their guys to quit MMA for a year and focus specifically on Ninja Warrior training instead lol
I think we are on to something here bro lol.

I would say in most sports world wide. Soccer being the biggest does find some run with other associations/orgs. But that is about the only stand out I can think of that gets any traction that is relevant. Even with Soccer the European leagues dominate revenue compared to say the MLS in America. I don't follow soccer much or know a hell of a lot about it. But in America the MLS(biggest league here) is literally non existence in main stream media. World cup or Team USA events gets some traction but very little in the big picture, but at least if your not a fan you know its going on, more so the World Cup.

P.S.: I'll be honest on the soccer I'm confused as hell with what is what with the various leagues around the world or what the mean to each region.
Soccer has its own national leagues which that country's football commission oversees. I don't think it's really the same thing as being different promoters in a way that's comparable to either MMA or boxing etc. Most mainstream international sports like golf or tennis or soccer etc don't get organised in a way that's like anything related to boxing and MMA or Pro Wrestling etc I reckon. Amateur combat sports that get shown at the Olympics like taekwondo or judo etc probably do though as there isn't the money involved in them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back