The Food Ranger: a pleasant man from Canadia eating his way through Asia

Kneepocalypse

This is your god now.
@Silver
Reaction score
His name is Trevor James and he is travels mostly through China but also other countries like Thailand and India eating almost exclusively street food. He must have an iron stomach because he eats some of the gnarliest things, piping stews filled with peppers and various organ meats. A lot of the stuff he eats I would never, but a lot of the stuff he eats also looks fucking delicious.

He's a very pleasant person and it's impressive to see a random Canadian be so fluent in Chinese and to be so passionate about cultures that are so foreign to his own. His videos provide a glimpse into deep corners of the world like the rural Uyghur parts of China where Chinese and middle eastern cuisine crash together in a gloriously scary amd vibrant fusion.

Im supposed to take food advice from a canuck? They put gravy on fries for fuck sake

My housemates love watching his vids. He's annoying af, looks like a crackhead & does this every time he puts food in his mouth:

Ah, didnt recognize the name but I instantly know who with the eye thing. Bug eyed mf.

My housemates love watching his vids. He's annoying af, looks like a crackhead & does this every time he puts food in his mouth:

lol I remember that Guinness World Record tv show - entertaining AF

I'm only interested in one kind of Asian street meat.

haha ya, he does it with eyes and mouth actually. But despite the over expressions, he gives legit recommendation for backpacking.

His name is Trevor James and he is travels mostly through China but also other countries like Thailand and India eating almost exclusively street food. He must have an iron stomach because he eats some of the gnarliest things, piping stews filled with peppers and various organ meats. A lot of the stuff he eats I would never, but a lot of the stuff he eats also looks fucking delicious.

He's a very pleasant person and it's impressive to see a random Canadian be so fluent in Chinese and to be so passionate about cultures that are so foreign to his own. His videos provide a glimpse into deep corners of the world like the rural Uyghur parts of China where Chinese and middle eastern cuisine crash together in a gloriously scary amd vibrant fusion.

Yes, his videos are interesting. He once mentioned in a video that he never cooks, so he's bad health waiting to happen. Street food may be delicious, convenient, and fun to explore, but so much of it is made with toxic cheap re-used oils, the worst possible thing you can put in your body. I hope he learns how to cook...eating home-made is the only way to guarantee health, and it's cheaper too of course.

I was like that in my 20's....learning languages, breaking down cultural barriers, facilitating world peace....hopefully he get's his fill of it and get's back to Canada before he realizes it's all bullshit and loses his mind.

Im supposed to take food advice from a canuck? They put gravy on fries for fuck sake

hey, fuck you hippie! Gravey of fries > .... so take your hippie shit somewhere else.

His vids on the Silk Road are really good.

He's from Vancouver, which is basically Honk Kong, so not that impressed:/

His vids on the Silk Road are really good.
Yeah man, he really went deep into territories that I was very unaware of. The chinese people in the western parts of china are so different from what is generally considered "chinese." The food looks simultaneously horrifying and delicious.

Back