The flukiest no-skill KO in UFC history

Serra vs. GSP 1

All props to Matt Serra for pulling that win out of his arsehole but c'mon...that dude was a shadow of the fighter GSP is/was.

Shame on you and everyone who liked this. Outside of the fluke Shonie Carter KO, Serra has never been KO’d and always had solid boxing fundamentals. His grappling is legit even by today’s standards. He knocked GSP the fuck out and intended to do it. You all just just hate a brash, outspoken northerner. Deal with it. A New York boy starched the GOAT. And then his protege starched another GOAT. Im from NJ and I typically can’t stand New Yorkers, but on a national stage, we stick together.

Flukes are unexpected. Something that is extremely unlikely to happen.
All flukes are unexpected events but not all unexpected events are flukes. Randy Couture getting inside on Tim Sylvia and scoring a knockdown from a punch was hugely unexpected but hardly a fluke.

mousasi vs hall. first thing that came to my mind. hall went for the body but mousasi dived into it. mousasi was comfortably winning the fight up to that point and he finished him in the first round of the rematch

9zw1Og.gif
It's not crazy to think that he knew Gegard would shoot for a takedown. That was Gegard's whole strategy.

Plus Hall had his eyes on target.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Serra vs. GSP 1

All props to Matt Serra for pulling that win out of his arsehole but c'mon...that dude was a shadow of the fighter GSP is/was.
Serra was whooping that ass dropping "the goat" when he wanted too.

So basically, there is no way for a severe underdog to win except by fluke?
There's an unfortunate lack of reasoning ability around here. I don't think Serra's win was a fluke, but I think the rematch shows there were a lot of extenuating circumstances surrounding that fight and I will just leave it at that.

Not in ufc but datsik knocking out arlovski was fucking ridiculous.
Apparently Arlovski's had a TON of flukes in his career. Is a glass jaw and suspect defense considered to be a fluke now?

fluke? matt was lighting up GSP which led to a finish. have you even watched the fight?
This. He set that right hand up. Threw several right straights to the body. When gsp started to anticipate the right to the body he went high.

Kongo vs Barry is the only fight where I can think a bit of luck may have been involved. Maybe Leben vs Martin too.

Newton was the champ at that point. Watched that live, newton was the Canadian hero before gsp. my house was going nuts when he locked up the triangle, we were so mad they gave it to hughes. Hughes dominated the rematch tho. But yea he had no idea he won the fight till someone told him.
This for sure tho
My mistake, forgot that.

I’ve always felt bad for Newton.

matt hughes falling asleep, waking up to a KO of carlos newton

Did JDS snap his leg in half?? Do you even know what a fluke is?? Is English your second language? Did you pass middle school?

Did silva snapped his leg by himself ?? Silva snapped his leg because weidman checked the kick you retard hahahaha.

Silva didn't go unconscious by himself. He got punched in the face then got knocked out. There is nothing fluke about it.

Last edited:
Probably because GSP said so himself.
Yeah I read into it a bit. Interesting stuff.

"As I’m walking to the Octagon, if you see that fight, I’m walking and I’m like ‘(expletive) I’m really not ready for this’."

Travis lutter vs Marvin Eastman? The punch looked like it tipped Eastman's nose.

Did silva snapped his leg by himself ?? Silva snapped his leg because weidman checked the kick you retard hahahaha.

Silva didn't go unconscious by himself. He got punched in the face then got knocked out. There is nothing fluke about it.
That’s what you call a freak accident you moron. How many times has Silva thrown a leg kick like that? Like a million times? How many times has his leg snapped in half like that? ZERO fucking times, you stupidass. You’re telling me that out of all the years he’s been training Muay Thai or kickboxing, and the thousands of kicks he’s thrown per year for 20 plus years, he hasn’t once snapped his leg in half outside of that Weidman fight. But you act like it happens all the time in MMA and it wasn’t a fluke, you are a complete dumbass for not knowing what a fluke is. If it wasn’t a fluke, that leg would’ve snapped many years ago whether it’s inside a professional fight or outside in training camp/practice. How dumb are you?? Seriously.

Back