THE FLASH TV Series 4.0 (Season 4 Discussion)

I will be really disappointed if it turns out to be fucking Ronnie lol. I think it`s either the Harry Potter dude or Eddie Thawne

I feel like it has to be Ronnie after that last scene. Nothing else would really make sense.

I took Wally being catatonic as a result of severing parts of his spine and making him quasi brain dead.

Could be an evil Barry. Could be Ronnie. Could be an alternate Earth/time Wally. Could be HR. Plenty of options.

State of Emo future Barry though, jeez! Loved the proper scarlet suit, but that hair was like Spiderman 3.

Got around to watching the new ep. Meh. The new suit was cool, the rest sorta sucked.

I liked how tense the reveal was. It is always fun to be completely invested into a show.

What did you all think?

Loved the reveal. Got me really interested to see how he became Savitar.

Thought it was Barry for awhile.

It's a good reveal. I should have been paying more attention to the clues but I got caught up in red herrings

When Barry asked him who he is, he said he's "The future, Flash." But he might have actually meant that he's the Future Flash.

His comment about being Barry's greatest foe would also make sense if that ends up being the case. Barry being his own biggest enemy.

I should have stuck with my original instincts. Wally's catatonia threw me. Really enjoyed the reveal though, and the look of evil Barry.

Just read the spoiler online since I don't think I care anymore, but...

Was Barry his own mentor this season or what? Traditions are traditions

Man, that was super-predictable. Why did they drag that out for so long? There was basically only 2 possibilities, but Barry made the most sense all along. The only interesting thing was his fucked up face.

Do they seriously have to try to build 'suspense' by making us try to guess who the Big Bad is behind the mask every season? If the Big Bad for next season ends up being Joe, Iris, Wally, Cisco, or someone from the past like Eddie, then they should just end the show.

Admittedly, future Barry never really crossed my mind so kudos to them for that.

This scene was really cool:

sVWpGkK.gif

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. God, this season has sucked so hard.

Anyways, at least there was one cool part. Remember the building they showed for the framing shot of the university? No? It looked like this:
thall-people_0.jpg

That's Thompson Hall at the Durham, NH campus of the University of New Hampshire. I know this because I walked past that building almost every day for years. To say I was shocked to see that footage would be an understatement. No idea where they got it, they obviously didn't just go there to film five seconds of show.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. God, this season has sucked so hard.

Anyways, at least there was one cool part. Remember the building they showed for the framing shot of the university? No? It looked like this:
thall-people_0.jpg

That's Thompson Hall at the Durham, NH campus of the University of New Hampshire. I know this because I walked past that building almost every day for years. To say I was shocked to see that footage would be an understatement. No idea where they got it, they obviously didn't just go there to film five seconds of show.

I am surprised you are sober enough to remember what that building looks like.

A few other notes.

- Cecile is going to end up dieing instead of Iris. It's pretty obvious they've just been building up her relationship with Joe so there will be an emotional impact from a death without having to off a main character.

- Savitar obviously needs Killer Frost for his plan. My theory is that in order for him to become a "god" it requires him to run really, really fast. More so than his suit can accommodate for. He needs Frost to 'cool him down,' so he doesn't overheat. Or something to that effect.

- Evil Barry's face is all jacked from running too fast. Either from before he made his Savitar suit or from trying to execute his plan without Frost.

- I'm not sure why he needs Killer Frost to kill that physicist instead of just doing it himself though? Maybe he needs her to actually kill someone to truly become Killer Frost in order for his plan to work?

Future Barry as Savitar was meh. The whole Who-is-Mysterious-Evil-Speedster plotline has been played out.

Now that they've built a practical suit for Savitar instead of the all CGI version, we always laugh at his short T-Rex arms.

18268176_333388863747203_7974862047524321717_n.jpg

This scene was really cool:

sVWpGkK.gif
I also found this to be very cool. This is how Iceman's ice sliding should have looked like. The Killer Frost ice sliding with Barry running around did not look good though.

I also found this to be very cool. This is how Iceman's ice sliding should have looked like. The Killer Frost ice sliding with Barry running around did not look good though.
I think they got far too ambitious with that sequence. There were certain parts of it where the CGI was really bad. I think they could have scaled it back and still had a cool scene and gotten a better quality final render. Oh well, I can't fault them for really wanting to go all out and push the boundaries of their budget.

I think they got far too ambitious with that sequence. There were certain parts of it where the CGI was really bad. I think they could have scaled it back and still had a cool scene and gotten a better quality final render. Oh well, I can't fault them for really wanting to go all out and push the boundaries of their budget.

For the most part, I would say they've done pretty well with what I imagine is a pretty low SFX budget. It has looked pretty ropey in places but, not nearly as bad as it could be.

Latest one was not the best episode, although amnesia Barry was adorable at least.

But, looks like we get King Shark back next week! Woo!

Now all I need is for Patty Spivot to come back. She was cool.

I didn't pay full attention to the entire episode, so why did Savitar also get selective amnesia? Couldn't Killer Frost have cured it for him at some point?

Back