THE FLASH TV Series 4.0 (Season 4 Discussion)

everytime Barry and Kara together, fireworks happen.

they have such a good chemistry.

and i love now that there are clear contrast between each DC shows, while Flash and SG are in a musical world, Arrow grew more darker each episodes.

Anyone have any predictions as to who will be Savitar?

It seems like they implying it is a current character.

Really I would not be surprised if it's wells again tho that be stupid.

I don't have a well thought out theory but I recently had a notion that it would turn out to be Barry. Savitar blames Barry for trapping him in the Speedforce was why I thought it. Of course it could be Jay also I guess.

I really enjoyed the musical crossover. Kara is stunning as always and while the music wasn't very good, the cracks about how everything just works out in musical land was great.

I vote Barry. The story is way too similar to the "Future Flash" story arc.

I don't have a well thought out theory but I recently had a notion that it would turn out to be Barry. Savitar blames Barry for trapping him in the Speedforce was why I thought it. Of course it could be Jay also I guess.

Yeah, I could see that. When Barry asked him who he is, he said he's "The future, Flash." But he might have actually meant that he's the Future Flash.

His comment about being Barry's greatest foe would also make sense if that ends up being the case. Barry being his own biggest enemy.

And as someone else pointed out, what's with all the reluctance to "cross the line," and have Barry kill? He killed Atom Smasher and Sand Demon back in season 2. He's already crossed that line.

Last edited:
I don't know why everyone has issues with CW. Their shows are better than the netflix ones in my opinion. Daredevil was the only good one.

There is the theory it is HR...

The last time they vibed with Savitar he called Wally "Wallace." He is the only one who calls him that.

flash-supergirl-musical-crossover-poster.jpg

The musical crossover episode was the best Flash episode this season for me. It's a great reprieve from the doom and gloom the show has been on for a while. So fun to see the actors brush up on their singing prowess and to have a mini Glee reunion. Melissa Benoist's singing is as excellent as ever.

I knew Jeremy Jordan, Darren Criss, John Barrowman, Victor Garber and Jesse L. Martin have musical background (Broadway, theater, musicals, etc) and it was cool seeing how good they were. Carlos Valdes was the only one I was surprised to learn that he also had a singing background.

Grant Gustin doesn't really have an outstanding voice (his duet performance with Melissa was so-so) but he makes up for it with his dancing. But he redeemed himself with "Running Home to You" at the end.

I don't know why everyone has issues with CW. Their shows are better than the netflix ones in my opinion. Daredevil was the only good one.

Daredevil season 2 > Jessica Jones > Daredevil > Luke Cage. I didn't think much of Luke Cage. I've heard mixed reviews about Iron Fist. I am really begining to enjoy the shared DC television world.

I'm thinking it's Wally.

That would also make sense seeing as how he said he created himself, i.e. giving himself speed. He also sounded resentful toward Barry when he said that he didn't deserve the love of Joe and Iris. Also that Barry was selfish and cruel and that all of Team Flash was responsible for making him the way that he is.

Maybe Barry causes Wally to lose his speed for some reason? Team Flash figures out how to use The Philosopher's Stone to de-power him in order to beat Savitar in the present? Creating another causal loop just like they likes 'em.

Last edited:
I'm thinking it's Wally.

I felt that way to at first, especially when he went into the Speed Force. The hardest part is justifying who would kill Iris.

Zoom kills her in the comics.. no way they would surprise us like that, right?

flash-supergirl-musical-crossover-poster.jpg

The musical crossover episode was the best Flash episode this season for me. It's a great reprieve from the doom and gloom the show has been on for a while. So fun to see the actors brush up on their singing prowess and to have a mini Glee reunion. Melissa Benoist's singing is as excellent as ever.

I knew Jeremy Jordan, Darren Criss, John Barrowman, Victor Garber and Jesse L. Martin have musical background (Broadway, theater, musicals, etc) and it was cool seeing how good they were. Carlos Valdes was the only one I was surprised to learn that he also had a singing background.

Grant Gustin doesn't really have an outstanding voice (his duet performance with Melissa was so-so) but he makes up for it with his dancing. But he redeemed himself with "Running Home to You" at the end.

as a singer gustin has a good voice, but gets by more on charm and charisma moreso than pure vocals.

jeremy jordan has an excellent voice in power versatility and range.

jesse l martin is another one w/a good voice, not as dynamic as jordans; but clearly above avg.

Barrowman may not be in his prime; but i get the impression his charisma presence and charm are big factors for his vocals similar to gustin.

i say this as a singer myself...

as a singer gustin has a good voice, but gets by more on charm and charisma moreso than pure vocals.

jeremy jordan has an excellent voice in power versatility and range.

jesse l martin is another one w/a good voice, not as dynamic as jordans; but clearly above avg.

Barrowman may not be in his prime; but i get the impression his charisma presence and charm are big factors for his vocals similar to gustin.

i say this as a singer myself...
The family and I were really impressed with Jeremy Jordan's vocals.

Surprised they didn't utilize Wally West in the musical since he also has a singing background. He has a pretty good falsetto voice also.

The family and I were really impressed with Jeremy Jordan's vocals.

Surprised they didn't utilize Wally West in the musical since he also has a singing background. He has a pretty good falsetto voice also.

didnt know that...wonder if this musical thing is gonna be an annual thing like the normal crossovers

didnt know that...wonder if this musical thing is gonna be an annual thing like the normal crossovers
For me, this musical special was way, way better than the Invasion crossover that they did.

For me, this musical special was way, way better than the Invasion crossover that they did.

i liked the flash portion only thing i wished was they showed more of wally/ollie vs the legends and team arrow.

i think sg/flash just work better...fit better than the other shows...arrow is so dark.. legends is so left field.. flash/sg occupy very similar spaces imo and as a result have the freedom to do these things

i didnt even think that was their really voices and i enjoyed it, reading that it was really them makes it even better

Back