The First Wrestling Cards You Attended

Can't remember what year exactly, and I am probably off on the matches, but

AWA
Nick Bockwinkle (c) vs Da Crusher in a cage (this may not have been my first card, but I do remember seeing this main event).

Might be a different card, but also saw Billy Robinson vs Masked Superstar (or maybe one of the Destroyers) in a coalminers glove match.

All at McNichols Arena in Denver.

Let the old jokes begin...

Undertaker vs Yokozuna was main, can't remember co main, Lawler vs Macho Man I think

My first show was a WWF house show in 1991 in Las Vegas at the Thomas and Mack Center. I was 8. Don't remember much about the show except for Ultimate Warrior vs. The Undertaker. I also remember Ricky Steamboat, Earthquake, and Jimmy Snuka wrestling, but I don't remember who they wrestled.

First event I ever went to was a small armory show that had a bunch of old timers. I was like 12 or so. Main event was Marty Jannety vs. Greg Valentine.

First WWE show I went to was WM 26.

WWE Championship Match

-Batista (c) vs. John Cena

World Heavyweight Championship Match

-Chris Jericho (c) vs. Edge

Streak vs Career No Count Out, No DQ Match

-The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels

Money In The Bank Ladder Match

-Participants: MVP, Christian, Evan Bourne, Kane, Dolph Ziggler, Shelton Benjamin, Jack Swagger, Matt Hardy and Drew McIntyre

Singles Match

-Bret Hart vs. Vince McMahon

Singles Match

-Triple H vs. Sheamus

Unified Tag Team Championship Match

-Big Show and The Miz (c’s) vs. John Morrison and R-Truth

Triple Threat Match

-Randy Orton vs. Ted DiBiase vs. Cody Rhodes

Singles Match: If Mysterio loses, he must join the Straight Edge Society

-Rey Mysterio vs CM Punk

Main event was Michaels vs. Taker. Such a tremendous match.

UK. Sheffield. Was about 8 or 9. Taker vs Ken Shamrock is all I remember. Pretty sure Taker beat him in an ankle lock or Ken had Taker in the ankle lock and the ministry ran in to stop the match. No idea about the rest of the card.

My first was as an adult. I was well and truly lapsed - maybe for 13 years. A couple of friends brought me to a WWE house show. Cena beat Ryback in a table match. Ugh.

Everything I've seen since has been infinitely better... Though I did get to see Aksana that night.

My first was as an adult. I was well and truly lapsed - maybe for 13 years. A couple of friends brought me to a WWE house show. Cena beat Ryback in a table match. Ugh.

Everything I've seen since has been infinitely better... Though I did get to see Aksana that night.
melina's ass was one of the few things I remember from my first show too.
Aksana-curves-001.gif

The first wrestling cards I attended were in the mid-70s in Augusta, GA at the Bell Auditorium. I can't recall any specific matches, but I saw the likes of Andre the Giant, Ole Anderson, Tommy Rich, Harley Race, Killer Khan, Pak Song, Mr. Wrestling II, Ernie Ladd, Thunderbolt Patterson, Stan Hanson, Rick Martel, Abdullah the Butcher, The Superstar, Super Destroyer, The Spoiler, Iron Mike Sharpe, and many others I can't remember off the top of my head. My dad took me to it many, many times. They had the matches every Monday night as a part of the Georgia Championship Wrestling NWA promotion. It was always a lot of fun. Especially being 7-9 years old and not knowing that it was all scripted.

Edit to say that the one I regret missing out on the most during the time that my dad took me to those Monday night events was the one when Harley Race lost the NWA World Title to Tommy Rich. It was a very short lived title reign for Rich. I think it was back in the hands of Harley by the following weekend. I sure do wish I had been there to see it. I've watched it on YouTube and it looked to be a very well done match. No surprise there as Harley Race was easily one of the best in-ring performers of that era and young Tommy Rich was pretty good in his own right.

Tommy Rich and Mr. Wrestling II were easily the biggest faces in the Georgia Championship Wrestling promotion during that era and as a kid growing up then, they were my favorites for sure.

Last edited:
First card for me was a NWA house show at the Norfolk Scope. I remember most of the card too...

Steiners vs Doom
Sid Vicious vs Lex Luger
Sting vs Flair
Arn Anderson vs Brad Armstrong
Freebirds vs Pillman/Z Man
Southern Boys vs State Patrol

First PPV was the first WCW World War 3 at the Scope too

First show I saw was in December of 1991 a few weeks before Christmas at the Arco Arena.

- Before going to this event, my two favorite wrestlers were Hulk Hogan and Ultimate Warrior. Watching it live, I somehow found myself enjoying Bret Hart in his match against The Mountie. Hart was the IC champ and this was when I started to notice the difference in "skill" in wrestling.

- Recall seeing The British Bulldog wrestler Barbarian and just thinking "Wow, these guys are HUGE!"

- Also, loved seeing Macho Man live, thought he had the best entrance and music and he beat Jake the snake

Back