The first episode of The Walking Dead is still the best

Drain Bamage

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Damn it never lived up to that first episode did it guys?

Probably because it was directed by Frank Darabont

I agree, show went on a steady decline since then. I think I gave up during Season 3 or 4. Not sure how I even made it that long.

The whole first 2 seasons were amazing to me! Don't get me wrong, I still like the show. But I tend to queue up a few episodes and then binge watch it. Just in case I get stuck with a stupid hour of watching Tara run around a hidden camp in the forrest. I want to be able to queue up another episode and get something good!
I'll continue to watch it but I'm not crazy over it like I used to be. My other favorite episode was when they finally introduced Negan and he gave his first speech. I liked seeing Rick get knocked down a few notches. He was getting VERY arrogant and acting like a dick.

Even the first episode was pretty bad. Little kid slowly walks toward the main dude and the show plays it up like a legit mystery whether she is a zombie.

Stopped watching after the governer died. The writing sucks and some of the acting is bad.

I agree, show went on a steady decline since then. I think I gave up during Season 3 or 4. Not sure how I even made it that long.

I have no fucking clue where this shit comes from...

The show has gotten better.

Yes, the 1st episode has some heart strings tugged, but my god, when rick and daryl finally rejoin at the hilltop? How about the face to face interactions between rick and negan (all of them)?

To me, the worst was the first half of season 2. I think the budget was so low they just stretched things out. You could literally describe everything that happened in 5 sentences and nobody would miss anything.

Apart from one stupid episode with the Latino gangsters caring for old folks, the first season of TWD is legit top tier.

Second season was okay too. A bit slow, but the writing was still pretty tight. As soon as Darabont's involvement ceased, the show became terrible.

I do find TWD's ability to deliver a truly great episode every now and then, kind of baffling though, considering it's the same team responsible for so much shit. The whole two part Negan introduction was some of the best stuff the show has ever done, and up there with the best episodes of any show on TV.

zombies eventually turned into some Hipster Comic Con garbage.

Back