Media The Fedor Effect

dns2344

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
There have been discussions in the past regarding Fedor’s ability/inability to draw viewership.

It doesn’t seem to be debatable with his current run. Do these numbers, along with the current status of the UFC HW division, give Dana any renewed motivation to sign Fedor?

US Ratings:
Viewership for Emelianenko’s Heavyweight World Grand Prix fights

• 1.5 million – Bellator 198
  • 1.1 million – Bellator 208 (head-to-head with Terence Crawford vs. Jose Benavidez, major college football contests)
Digital

• The Fedor-related Bellator Countdown shows have delivered over 7.1 million views on various platforms
Social Media

• Bellator just secured its 1 millionth follower on Instagram – the morning after Fedor’s recent fight.
Attendance

• Fedor has also helped draw for events in Chicago and New York – and the early returns for Los Angeles are very encouraging.
  • In fact, in Chicago attendance was up +51% and the gate was up +114%
Russian TV Ratings

Fedor – on Match TV Russia
Sunday, October 14
2.6 million people watched at least 1 minute of Fedor’s fight

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianm...melianenko-effect-dana-white-mma-trades-more/

I don't think Dana has much interest as Fedor doesn't have much time left in him, not to fight at the level he's been renowned for.

I think we may see a crossover match at some point but that's about it.

Personally, I would like to see Fedor retire on a dignified high, but then I'd like to see that from all fighters.

Didnt read

Dana and UFC are still on Conors balls effect

There has been many legends of MMA but Fedor is the biggest. It’s crazy to think he is still out there fighting (and winning) after all these years. The Pelé/Babe Ruth of MMA.

I wouldn't be surprised if the UFC was hesitant to sign Fedor at this point, given his age. They would probably have to pay a substantial amount to get his contract and he could retire at any moment.

is Fedor even interested in fighting in the UFC?
that said black Fedor vs regular Fedor would be amazing to watch

I wouldn't be surprised if the UFC was hesitant to sign Fedor at this point, given his age. They would probably have to pay a substantial amount to get his contract and he could retire at any moment.
I’m not sure what his current contract status is. His first contract prior to the Mitrione fight was 2 fights with an optional third. He’s now fought Mitrione, Mir, Chael so Bader May be a 1 fight deal.

There has been many legends of MMA but Fedor is the biggest. It’s crazy to think he is still out there fighting (and winning) after all these years. The Pelé/Babe Ruth of MMA.
And we are lucky to be able to still see him compete.

After Silva vs Diaz, the only fight I actively wanted to watch was Fedor vs Chael.
Couldn't find a stream or the fight itself though, I settled for gifs. I still haven't watched the full fight.:oops:

Edit: That being said, I don't care what Dana thinks, I wouldn't want Fedor in the UFC.

George Foreman of MMA? LOL Just kidding around I'm not a big Fedor fan but I think it's great Bellator is using his popularity to grow the company. I think its great for there to be 2 top notch coexisting MMA promotions in North America. I don't think it has to even be looked upon as competition, there's plenty of fighters and fans to go around.

23rpoxw.jpg

I was actually off the forum for like a month and was wondering how Bellator 208 did. Thanks TS.

Back