The Fatherland once again leads the charge for a Unified Europe. EU approval up again.

snakedafunky

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
More than ever, European citizens see their country’s membership to the EU as a good thing. Not since the time between the fall of the Berlin wall in 1989 and the adoption of the Maastricht Treaty in 1992 has this indicator reached such a high level: 62% of Europeans believe that their country’s EU membership is a good thing. A majority of respondents in all 28 Member States also considers that their country has benefitted from its EU membership.
http://www.europarl.europa.eu/at-yo...meter/parlemeter-2018-taking-up-the-challenge

Looks like approval numbers for the EU are up across the board. With Germany having some of the highest numbers Italy and the Czech Republic some of the lowest. A positive note would probably be that more people see themselves better represented within the framework of the EU. And that public awareness is also on the rise.

While you have the refugee/migrants crisis as the biggest issue. Which leads to still a considerable amount of people think the EU currently is moving in the wrong direction.

Not surprising considering how many of them are a net drain on EU funds.

With 51% of citizens declaring to be interested in the elections, citizens’ campaign priorities have evolved over the past six-month period. Immigration now tops the agenda (50%) followed by economy (47%) and youth unemployment (47%), whilst combatting terrorism moves down to fourth place with 44%.

That's an interesting excerpt, let's see how happy they are when mass north african/middle eastern migration continues unabated and the obvious, negative side effects continue. Seems a lot of these countries are happy when Germany foots the bill and takes the bulk of the migrants, but as soon as they are asked to cough up some money themselves, or forced to accept migrant quotas, they kick up a fuss.

Wasn't it another poll that showed that half of Europeans brand EU as irrelevant. 67% of the citizens questioned said they don't believe life would be worse without the bloc.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1031269/EU-citizens-poll-Brexit-Juncker-Tusk-anti-EU-protest

Yeah, that is something they have pointed out as having improved.
Apparently more people are aware of the EU politics and voting in the election next year.

I also don't want to criticize that source but is the express one of those pro Brexit newspaper?

Yeah, that is something they have pointed out as having improved.
Apparently more people are aware of the EU politics and voting in the election next year.

I also don't want to criticize that source but is the express one of those pro Brexit newspaper?
The poll was conducted by:

https://www.friendsofeurope.org/index.php/about-us/about-us

I don't know if Express is a pro-Brexit newspaper but other news outlets also published the results from the poll:
Close to two out of three Europeans aren’t convinced life would be any worse without the European Union, according to a new survey published Thursday.
https://www.politico.eu/article/life-not-worse-without-eu-friends-of-europe-survey-finds/

Not surprising considering how many of them are a net drain on EU funds.

That's an interesting excerpt, let's see how happy they are when mass north african/middle eastern migration continues unabated and the obvious, negative side effects continue. Seems a lot of these countries are happy when Germany foots the bill and takes the bulk of the migrants, but as soon as they are asked to cough up some money themselves, or forced to accept migrant quotas, they kick up a fuss.

What I think is encouraging for the EU is the high approval number among young people.
Personally, my biggest worry about the EU would be the debt crisis. While the migrant crisis is bad. I think the EU has seen the downside of it and is trying to fix it.
Also, that is done somehow slowly. At the end of the day that is just a matter of adjusting policies.

With the debt crisis from Italy and some other southern Europeans. It is a more complicated issue to solve.
Because even if you adjust the policies here. You might still be wrong and they need a bailout. Which could always blow the whole EU up.
I guess one good thing is that Germanys and some other Northern Europen economies are so strong at the moment. They could probably finance a bailout.

But overall I have to say if they can solve the migrant issues and help implement fiscally responsible policies in countries like Italy. The EU is on the right track. But it has to be a slow track.

Remember when the "Fatherland" tried to "unify" Europe before?
When will we learn?

Last edited:
The Fatherland, 2030...

oktoberfest-2030-33271139.png

Remember when the "Fatherland" tried to "unify" Germany before?
When will we learn?

Well to be fair. We are 2:1 when it comes to German unification.
Worked good in 1871. Not optimal in 1938. And very well in 1990.
So far we are still in the lead.

Alles fur Deutschland , the Boche are just being more subtle about it this time .

Why do less than 50% of the people vote in EU elections?

Doesn't seem like they can even boast a democratic legitimacy. In some EU countries the voting % is as low as 10 to 20%.

The only countries where people give a shit, seem to be Belgium and Luxembourg. Which aren't really countries at all, in fairness.

Back