THE EXPANSE (Season 6 Official Trailer; Premieres Dec. 10, 2021)

I still have a question regarding the plot, if anybody can answer

Who actually attacked the Canterbury and Donnager? The OPA or that biological glob controlling the OPA crew?

That last episode was fantastic. I'm really digging this show I hope we get another season out of it.

Yeah, saw the latest episode.
I was expecting,

Julie Mao to be a prominent character

Did not expect that at all. Wonder if this is going the halo route. A new powerful enemy forcing all the warring earth factions to unite.

Yeah not what I expected either!

I was expecting Julia Mao was going to lead to a main character as well! Although I'm glad Holden and Miller have met up now.
A guy at works just lent me the first book so I'm going to see how it compares.

Watched the first episode a couple of days ago, thought it was pretty good.

I still have a question regarding the plot, if anybody can answer

Who actually attacked the Canterbury and Donnager? The OPA or that biological glob controlling the OPA crew?

It hasnt been revealed yet. I think I know since I read the books but you should wait to find out.

BTW,
Next episode is the last one. 2 hours finale.

Really enjoyed this series. The episodes can be slow at times, but that is often the case with slow-burning shows. You usually can appreciate them once more of the story is revealed and you start to see the picture the puzzle pieces are making.

Show looks great. Some of the best production values of any show out there currently, save maybe GOT.

I'm trying to like it but its to half ass'd and way to simple idiot scifc till now.

Maybe my fault i re watched babylon 5 and expected actual acting and god intelligent story from this.

Just saw last two episodes, god damn i'm gonna murder someone if this doesn't get at least a couple of seasons.

Holden with his insufferable 'goodnes' finally got what was coming to him, a wake up call so to speak

Yeah like ppl already stated, first few episodes are kinda shit imo but it takes off at 5-6th episode. I was going to stop watching it but now im glad i gave it another shot.
I still cringe at the old earth lady tho, cant stand her and her smokervoice.

Just want he'd the first 7 or so episodes this past week. This show is pretty awesome. I've been waiting forever for a new, quality sci fi show to come out.

Watched 2 episodes and didn't know what the fuck is going on.

They might of spent all that cash making the show look pretty and getting pretty good actors, but the writing and story telling is all not constructed well...and that's the most important part.

I tapped out already, I'm sure it gets really good but I just can't deal with it at the moment. I might come around after a few months it's ended and give it another go; I still have hopes for it

Storytelling is on point actually, it keeps the mystery up for a while and builds tension, even though finale was very satisfying it's just a glimpse of things to come. So you are not supposed to understand what's going on anyway, not right away.

I wouldn't call it a slow burner though, shit hits the fan at a steady pace. Just might be not your kind of show.

All you guys tapping out are fucking up, this show just gets better and better as I goes on. The last two episodes were :eek:

I think some of the critique is valid, but I fucking loved it none the less. I want more shows to do this kind of thing.

I'm trying to like it but its to half ass'd and way to simple idiot scifc till now.

Maybe my fault i re watched babylon 5 and expected actual acting and god intelligent story from this.
B5 was mostly derp episodes and worse acting than this for the entire first season. Also about 14 000 000 percent more silly. It improved to 50% derp and 50% awesome when it came to plot, and got some real good chemistry on the acting side, but definitely stayed silly. The Expanse is more full-assed and complicated SF than nearly anything I've seen, which is why I love it despite a lack of chemistry and somewhat muddled storytelling.

Enjoyed last nights episode for it finally answered some core questions while advancing the plot. Wondering why mass genocide is the plan though.

Watched 2 episodes and didn't know what the fuck is going on.

They might of spent all that cash making the show look pretty and getting pretty good actors, but the writing and story telling is all not constructed well...and that's the most important part.

I tapped out already, I'm sure it gets really good but I just can't deal with it at the moment. I might come around after a few months it's ended and give it another go; I still have hopes for it
I understand, all of us were kinda underwhelmed with the early episodes. Episodes 3 and especially 4 are where it starts to get really interesting. This show might be better suited for a binge watch.

My c/p from another thread...

Okay, The Expanse clearly just needed time to cook. It's apparent that they're employing the slow burn style of storytelling, and as the show goes on, things get more and more interesting.

I hate the constant comparisons to it, but BSG really is the closest parallel that Syfy has to The Expanse. While it didn't have the same early on wow factor BSG had, The Expanse is slowly turning into a damn good show. I'm going to give it a season or two before I start slinging out the hyperbole on it's quality, but I'm definitely satisfied so far.

Also, I agree with DLX, and that this show was made for Netflix.

Thomas Jane character is the most insufferable. He does a good job of acting the True Detective, Sin City, Dick Tracy style, but it does not fit for this show.

And where did the producers get that idea for the belter accent?

There is not supposed to be any sound in space. They have sound effects when looking at ship movements from an outer space perspective.

Back