THE EXPANSE (Season 6 Official Trailer; Premieres Dec. 10, 2021)

So... how expensive is the show to produce?

SciFi original shows look like they have shoestring budgets, so does this one look like a network show in comparison?

Do the alien races look like humans with a shitton of makeup?

Show will fail, utter shit casting will be its downfall.

BSG worked due to the great actors cast perfectly, from 6 to Baltar to Saul. It had complex characters you like'd hated and identified with.

Syfy sucks, got lucky with BSG.

I'm digging this show a lot. I can see the whole "not caring about the characters" thing, but the situations they are getting in and what's going on overall are very interesting. It's more like the star of the show is the plot. I can get with that.

SciFi original shows look like they have shoestring budgets, so does this one look like a network show in comparison?

Can't speak on the cost. The show looks great to me. There are no aliens. I guess you could say it's a more realistic view of our future in the next couple hundred years. There's Earth, a colonised Mars and people living on places in the asteroid belt between there and Jupiter.

It's Syfy's most expensive series ever so their definitely putting in the work.

I liked the ice-hauler crew parts the most, that claustrophobic/survival thriller feel was quite a treat.

I also enjoyed their attention to detail, the blood floating over the body in zero gravity, the condensation on pipes when crew was running low on oxygen supply and such.

The only thing that's been bugging me, production wise, is sound mixing. Everything else is pretty good.

It's a very solid sci-fi, which is really surprising considering that SyFy haven't made anything worth mentioning in years, if not decades.

It's definitely no BSG. They had a superb cast.

This show is pretty entertaining however, and the production is very nice.

I liked the ice-hauler crew parts the most, that claustrophobic/survival thriller feel was quite a treat.

I also enjoyed their attention to detail, the blood floating over the body in zero gravity, the condensation on pipes when crew was running low on oxygen supply and such.

The only thing that's been bugging me, production wise, is sound mixing. Everything else is pretty good.

It's a very solid sci-fi, which is really surprising considering that SyFy haven't made anything worth mentioning in years, if not decades.
Agreed.

Probably the only thing they get wrong is likely intentional: there's no sound in space. If they adhered to that, every bit of action in space would be boring. Sound is just too important to forego. Aside from that, I'm shocked at how well they've portrayed the physics.

No ETs in this one. That is one way to cut costs.

I have a feeling that at the rate the show is going they are going to reserve the big Scopuli reveal for the finale, damn.

This show is actually pretty good. I suggest giving it another go.

I binge watched the first six episodes to catch up, and the story develops nicely. There is a lot to keep track of, but its worth it. It's clear that the show is a book adaptation from the depth of the characters, and amount of detail to the plot.

Also, I think its better without the SyFy ads and teasers for the show. They expose a lot.

The last episode was pretty good. Shit's finally coming together.

With all of the musical settings the show is playing, I just knew that...

Julie Mao was dead. Aside from that single scene at the beginning, we hadn't seen what she's been up to at all. It was a big red flag.

btw, how come we still don't have a spoiler tag button???

Aw yisss. There are some musing that ratings aren't that great tho, fucking nielsen bullshit system. I hope it lives for a couple of seasons at least. Wish they went with HBO or netflix though.

I kind of agree that there's a little lack in chemistry among the characters, but I really, really love this none the less. I can't remember any series set in space with this kind of hard SF. The design is gorgeous and well thought through, and the plot is quite tight, if sometimes presented in a kind of unneccesarily oblique fashion. I badly want it to go on for as long as they have source material.

You still watching?
Yeah, saw the latest episode.
I was expecting,

Julie Mao to be a prominent character

Did not expect that at all. Wonder if this is going the halo route. A new powerful enemy forcing all the warring earth factions to unite.

Back