THE EXPANSE (Season 6 Official Trailer; Premieres Dec. 10, 2021)

The first four episodes are out now.

The visuals in this are stunning.

Seems ok, saw the first episode. But the crappy CGI drives a screw threw my head

Loved the books. It's actually what got me into sci-fi a bit as up until now I had very little interest in it.
The show, so far, is pretty good. A bit slow to start, but I've come to learn that can be a good thing. The casting is ok. Amos is way off imo but whatever. The effects and visuals are good and the acting is decent. The books were pretty heavy on the tech side so I wonder if they will be getting that more in the show. Probably not as it will detract from teh plot and characters but I like how they showed the "juice" being used before a burn.
I really hope this show does well because the book series is fucking excellent and the stuff they could do relating to the next few books could be amazing.

Think I'll read the books soon and then maybe start the tv show when it's up to 2 seasons or whatever. Books are always better.

Ah wait, looks like the books aren't actually finished yet. Is it worth reading them now? Or is it one of those books that you should wait until the story is fully complete?

Last edited:
Just finished the 4th episode. The first 2 episodes didn't really hook me but the 3rd and 4th episode have me interested. Really enjoying the series now. Can't wait for episode 5. I hope the Martian Marine dude isn't dead, i'd like to see more of him.

^^
Same. Just finished the 4th. Now we have to wait 2 weeks or so for the 5th but ya, it's starting to get good.
Having read the series I appreciate some of the foreshadowing they are doing. Subtle things that you don't think bout too much but will notice again for sure.

Last 10 minutes of episode 4 were probably the best sci-fi we've seen since BSG.

If they wanted too, they could really do a Game of Thrones in Space. Just approach GRRM, and be like," Weiss and Benioff really screwed up and are telling a whole new tale. We can do you story word for word, but in space". I will watch something like that

After 4 episodes and getting a better feel of the story, I'm really liking the show. Some parts reminded me of Battlestar Galactica. The Expanse's special effects and the sets are amazing. Money well spent.

It's an amalgam. The creepy spacecraft reminds me of dead space. The world's politics reminds me of mass effect.

Of course there is BSG as well.

And the Ceres belters colony reminds me of the tattoine cantina from SW, etc

Caught up on the episodes. Pretty decent, I think I will wait till the end and watch it all in one go.

The fourth episode is interesting. We finally see some action. It left us a cliffhanger too.

I watched the first three episodes the other day at once...got to ten minutes in before I realized I had just read the first four books last year!

I like it so far, I was worried about over the top cgi and stuff, but its been good.

There is some shit coming though that I have no idea how they're going to pull off on screen!

Gonna be good...

Hah I guess this show got cancelled already. There are no new episodes. Oh well. Thomas Jane is the new cancel king.

Watched the first episode earlier. About to watch the second. I like it so far. The visual style is awesome. Very unique and it already gives the show its own sense of identity. The first episode was good, especially considering it was dealing with the typical elements of a pilot. Dense exposition, world building, ect. Still very good.

Honestly I feel this show has gone much further exploring the physics of space then any other sci fi show I can remember off the top of my head even in its four short episodes so far.

Dealing with gravity, bone density, and height of spacers...

The way the guy who's head was blown off and the subsequent vacuum created sucking blood into outer space then the sudden "plop" of the blood as gravity returned...

etc... etc...

I have high hopes for this show and am glad Sci Fi put forth the effort with a larger budget.

It would be cool if they could adjust the schedule and give us dark matter, killjoys and The expanse in one epic night. I think something like that would do well in the ratings.

Sorta confused what the hell is going on ( was the same of GOT the first time i watched it) might need to watch them again to figure out the story

Back