THE EXPANSE (Season 6 Official Trailer; Premieres Dec. 10, 2021)

That’s one of the shows I was thinking about. Dark Matter wasnt ground breaking but it was still a decent show that I enjoyed.
Yeah, it was a bit campy, and the robot's bad acting bothered me, but it was fun and really started to find its legs. For its low budget, they did a great job. I loved seeing the reused Stargate set pieces too, it was fun picking them out. Also, I loved looking at Two. She's one of the few female "badasses" on TV that aren't cringe.
41d91231d9ad6cf94b704ece3d786281.jpg

Btw, Syfy has to have some of the worst leadership out there. Dark Matter, like the Expanse, was a show they had limited rights to. I think they only profited from live viewings, or something limiting like that. These terrible deals, that force them to make tough business decisions, are really hurting their brand.

I'm pretty confident that The Expanse will be picked up by Amazon, but sadly there is no future for Dark Matter.

Last edited:
Yeah, it was a bit campy, and the robot's bad acting bothered me, but it was fun and really started to find its legs. For its low budget, they did a great job. I loved seeing the reused Stargate set pieces too, it was fun picking them out. Also, I loved looking at Two. She's one of the female "badasses" on TV that aren't cringe

images

I didn’t even realize how well two was played until you mentioned she wasn’t cringe. You’re right she was well played and natural. Never came off as unbelievable or trying to hard.

Yup, Syfy is fucking garbage. I was so pissed when they cancelled Dark Matter, bunch of cunts!

That’s one of the shows I was thinking about. Dark Matter wasnt ground breaking but it was still a decent show that I enjoyed.

Yeh, it was a good show. I surprised no one tried to pick it up like Hulu, or Freeform or something. I think it be a good show for FX actually. I just wish they used more color. All that dark was hurting my eyes.

I really hope Amazon/YouTube/Netflix picks this up...

I've always waited to stream the show, but tonight will be the first time I'll watch the show when it airs live.

SciFi cancelling a show is as common as Trump tweeting something stupid.

Being a fan of Sci-Fi shows is rough. There just aren't as many science fiction fans as you want to believe there are. They needed a big bump in live viewership to possibly save the show, and unfortunately it just didn't happen.

Such a shame really. This show has reached the level of being more than a great "Sci-Fi" show. It's straight up one of the best shows out there. Would put this season up against any show. And last night's episode was amazing. Maybe the best episode of the series. Again, such a shame.

Being a fan of Sci-Fi shows is rough. There just aren't as many science fiction fans as you want to believe there are. They needed a big bump in live viewership to possibly save the show, and unfortunately it just didn't happen.

Such a shame really. This show has reached the level of being more than a great "Sci-Fi" show. It's straight up one of the best shows out there. Would put this season up against any show. And last night's episode was amazing. Maybe the best episode of the series. Again, such a shame.

I was having a convo with a friend about the future of entertainment, and one thing I thought about was that if I were someone creating a sci-fi narrative of sorts, I'd rather shop it to a videogame company than a tv channel or movie production company.

Amos continues to be one of my favorite characters on this show. Overall a darn good episode from a really good season so far.

Such a shame really. This show has reached the level of being more than a great "Sci-Fi" show. It's straight up one of the best shows out there. Would put this season up against any show.
I've been saying this shit since season 2.

It's not just great sci fi. It's great tv. I consider myself a pretty dedicated family man, but I'm so thoroughly engrossed into every single minute, I legit tell my family to fuck off whenever this show is running.

"Hey, mom needs he-..."

"...Unless one of you is dying, I don't give a shit!"

Amos continues to be one of my favorite characters on this show. Overall a darn good episode from a really good season so far.
Initially, I couldn't really figure out how I felt about Amos.

His whole bond he formed with Prax made me actually really like him, and what he did for Prax really solidified it. This show is so unpredictable, I actually was expecting Prax to kill Strickland right there, and didn't see Amos stopping him coming at all. I know it's a common trope, but this show has a tendency to not follow commonly expected tropes to the letter.

th

She sure does look hot in that space suit though.

Hng!

Rejoice, Expanse fans!

Update: May 21, 2018

THE EXPANSE Revived for a Fourth Season at Amazon Studios!

the-expanse-2.jpg

Amazon Studios is in talks to revive one of CEO Jeff Bezos' favorite properties. The retailer and streaming outlet is near a deal to revive the space drama The Expanse for a fourth season just 10 days after Syfy canceled the series. Amazon Studios declined comment as sources note the deal is not closed.

Syfy had only first-run linear rights in the U.S. to The Expanse, which was based on James S. A. Corey's best-selling book series of the same name and starred Steven Strait. Amazon Studios had streaming rights to the first three seasons of the show. Sources say Bezos is a big fan of the book and was livid that the TV series went to NBCUniversal-owned Syfy. The move is said to have ignited Bezos' demand that Amazon Studios brass find the company's version of Game of Thrones.

The Expanse was a pricey swing for Syfy and the nature of the deal put additional pressure for the show to perform on its linear network as the cabler did not have either SVOD or international rights to profit from. (Netflix had international rights to the series.) The dramawas Syfy's first major push back into the traditional science fiction genre.

Following the cancellation, producers Alcon Television Group — which fully financed and produced the series — planned to shop the space drama to other networks.

Opening to promising reviews and a strong collection of loyal viewers in 2015, The Expanse's first season averaged 581,000 viewers in the advertiser-coveted adults 18-49 demographic and 1.4 million total viewers with three days of DVR. Season two, which returned more than a year later with a significant marketing push and a solid lead-in, was down 24 percent among total viewers and averaged 457,000 total viewers. That compares more readily to similar returns for Syfy's inexpensive co-productions like Dark Matter and Killjoys than to the cabler's original scripted series like The Magicians and Happy.

The Expanse's third season, which bowed in April, tumbled another 5 percent among total viewers and 12 percent in the demo from season two.

"The Expanse transported us across the solar system for three brilliant seasons of television. Everyone at Syfy is a massive fan of the series, and this was an incredibly difficult decision," said Chris McCumber, president of entertainment networks at NBCU Cable Entertainment. "We want to sincerely thank The Expanse’s amazing cast, crew and all the dedicated creatives who helped bring James S. A. Corey’s story to life. And to the series’ loyal fans, we thank you most of all.”

The Expanse move follows a busy week of news on the broadcast side that saw Brooklyn Nine-Nine move to NBC after the comedy's cancellation by Fox, while the latter network revived Last Man Standing. In both cases, the networks' studio counterparts owned the shows, making the jump to their respective home networks considerably easier. In The Expanse's case, Amazon had SVOD rights, making a move to a different outlet more challenging.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/expanse-revived-season-4-at-amazon-1113803

@Loiosh @fonzob1 @Ippy @JBSchroeds @GtehMVP @method115 @hillelslovak87 @MadSquabbles500 @tru3f4n @nefti @SiKnSiN @GearSolidMetal @headkicktoleg @WandySaku2 @streets ahead @Ikuza @Strychnine @Jackonfire @tatakai @cmw43 @closequarters @Crono7 @Krallang @CWMMA

Back